What makes a woman attractive to me

There have been many threads on what women are attracted to in a man. Now is the time for guys to post their thoughts on what they find attractive in a woman. I'll give you my list that I've thought of so far.

I like self sufficient women. That means a woman who has learned to be happy with herself before entering into a relationship with me. This does not necessarily mean financially indepednent. She's not depending on me to make her happy and does not expect me to because I am human and have flaws.

She knows how to have a good time without me. She hangs out with her guy and girl friends. She knows how to satisfy herself sexually when I'm not in the mood. A self sufficient woman does not place a high value on sex or how much money I spend on her. I am turned off by materially ambitious women. I am turned off by women who would put pressure on me to marry or move in with them.

Attraction is not something we can control. We are all attracted to different people for different reasons. I naturally repel away from a woman who gets upset that we have not taken the relationship to a sexual level.

I don't like clingy women. I expect her to also let me engage in my own hobbies that do not involve her. I repel away from a woman who asks me to give up time with my friends for her. I repel away from a woman who expects me to spend thanksgiving and christmas holidays with her instead of my family. Those holidays are for family gatherings. I can always see her the day after.

Family is very important to me regardless of how old I am. I expect her to put her family as a priority before me as well. Women come and go but family is always there for me during difficult times. I can count on them. Looks don't matter to me as long as she does not have bad breath or body odor. I am attracted to what is in my girlfriend's soul. That's most important to me. The emotional connection must be strong. I look at other women differently now even though they might be sexy looking but they are still not as attractive to me as my girlfriend is.

Emotional connection is more important than a sexual connection to me. I never had the strong emotional connection with any of my exes like I do with my current girlfriend. Most of my exes were only compatiable for sex but that's not enough for me. I can accept strong emotional connection with mediocre sexual connection but I can't accept a low emotional connection even if the sexual connection is high.

Everything that I am attracted to in a woman are qualities that I expect in myself as well. Nothing more nothing less. I would be a hypocrite to expect certain qualities in her that I do not posess myself. I know how to have fun whether she's around or not. I ate lunch by myself today in a restaraunt and I enjoyed it. It would have been nice if she was able to come but I still enjoyed my meal nonetheless.

I've taken vacations by myself and it doesn't bother me. Do I miss her when I'm not with her? Absolutely but I make sure I have something else to look forward to during the time we can't visit each other. Learning to be self sufficient is a long learning process but there is real freedom in it. I am feeling it now.

burning 4 revenge

She knows how to have a good time without me. She hangs out with her guy friends. She knows how to satisfy herself sexually when I'm not in the mood.

I would be leery of this

• Author

Also jealously is another huge turn off for me and I'm sure it would be a turn off for her as well.

I think I'll send my girlfriend some flowers this month. I haven't done it since last December. Buying flowers, doing candlelight dinners, taking vacations together, etc are all romantic if done at random intervals. What's romantic about buying flowers is waiting awhile before buying them again.

I don't believe in buying flowers or other gifts every week or every month. These are things to tune up a relationship. Relationships are like cars so you don't need to tune your car up every 3 months.

consternation

John. I have just read through all your posts and in all seriousness I think you may have some kind of problem.... could you be gay? have you had a thorough medical checkup? maybe you should get your hormone levels checked? Did something happen to you that you have such a fear of sexual intimacy?

I realise this will be interpreted as an attack and it's not intended that way. But I believe that there is something off happening with you. Which makes me worry when you are counselling others.

Sorry.

stoopid_guy

I realise this will be interpreted as an attack and it's not intended that way. But I believe that there is something off happening with you. Which makes me worry when you are counselling others.

There are also women out there who have no need or desire for intimacy, and can't understand it in others. They aren't in the majority, but they are out there.

It's not a problem unless one person needs it and the other doesn't.:(

Okay is this thread about what you find attractive in a woman or about your preferance on how a woman should be?....

• Author
Okay is this thread about what you find attractive in a woman or about your preferance on how a woman should be?....

This is a thread on what I find attractive in a woman. This is also a thread for other guys to post their thoughts on what they find attractive or uanttractive in a woman. I think I've stated my position clearly.

burning 4 revenge

For me it's too variable

On the physical side, short of obesity and bad breath it could be anybody, it just depends

On the non-physical, short of stupidity and selfishness I suppose it could be anybody

The qualities I like best are intelligence, introspection, empathy and a sense of humor.

Also, if she's a reader it's a HUGE turn on

This isn't a thread on what you find attractive in women, but a thread on what you don't find attrative in a women. haha same difference I guess

• Author
This isn't a thread on what you find attractive in women, but a thread on what you don't find attrative in a women. haha same difference I guess

It is both. Read my original post again. I do list some things I find attractive like her independence, etc.

I know just analyzing :)

What I find attractive: Women who don't analyze.

(;) Just kidding, of course.)

But seriously, a cute smile (pointed at me,) sense of humor, and a "down to earth" manner will get my attention. Imagination, intelligence, affection, and an open mind will keep my attention.

Things I find attractive in a women.

Has lots of money to spend on me.:love:

Big,shapely butt.:love:

Nice boobs (but not to big).;)

Nice supple legs to wrap around me.;)

Gives good head.:love:

Doesn't mind if I just want a quickie sometimes.:cool:

Doesn't mind if I flirt with other women because that is the way I am.:cool:

Takes me as I am and doesn't try to change me.:eek:

Praises my performance and moans and trashes even if she's faking.:love:

Heavenseventeen

Well I am a woman and if I was a man, I would want everything that is on that preference list. Who wants excessive jealousy? Who wants flowers every week? I don't. Who wants to spend 24hrs together so we end up getting sick of each other at the beginning?

The only thing that "hurt" when I read it was when you said about seeing her another day after the holidays. Maybe the families could come together, or you could go away together for a change. What would you if you got married? Split up the kids and go to your families?

SoCalCatman72
Things I find attractive in a women.

Has lots of money to spend on me.:love:

Big,shapely butt.:love:

Nice boobs (but not to big).;)

Nice supple legs to wrap around me.;)

Gives good head.:love:

Doesn't mind if I just want a quickie sometimes.:cool:

Doesn't mind if I flirt with other women because that is the way I am.:cool:

Takes me as I am and doesn't try to change me.:eek:

Praises my performance and moans and trashes even if she's faking.:love:

Um, dude..............................nevermind. :lmao:

John. I have just read through all your posts and in all seriousness I think you may have some kind of problem....

He just purposefully swallowed bleach. I would say yes, he does...

You have to figure right now the only thing John is looking for in a woman is one who can gently run a stomach pump. And to be honest, I can't blame him. That's a rare thing.

LOL hahaha, I have never witnessed the actions of such an insensitive pr*ck :p Cruel, yet hilarious.

There's an excellent chance he's gazing deep into her eyes as we speak.

And I'll bet the whites of his eyes are REALLY white now!:p

(Hope he has a sense of humor about all of this!)

There's an excellent chance he's gazing deep into her eyes as we speak. I wonder if he's trying to talk to her.

I don't think so. Doesn't he have some rule about not talking on the first date? Or was it that the girl has to talk first or something? Not sure.

Um, dude..............................nevermind. :lmao:

Dude. It was a joke. I'm just getting really burnt out on all the "what do you want in a man/women" threads. :mad: