Work relationships, does she want me?

abitconfused

Ok guys and girls feel free to reply.

Here is the short situation. Suddenly over the past 2 months I have become interested in a co-worker. This is something I don't do normally. I was not prepared to share my feelings as she has a boyfriend and child with him. We would mess around at work but an email she sent to me changed all that. It was more than the normal flirt. So I tolder her how I felt about her. From here we talked everyday, outside of work by phone, text,email. Always in contact. I started hearing on how suddenly the boyfriend ( who is supposed to marry her ) has made comments about not being able to do what he wants now that they had the child. There is just so much more and she was so upset I started feeling more like a counselor than an interest. I broke that part off hard after month. She knows everything, how I feel about her and seperatly about her current situation. I still see her at work but now more recently she had become more touchy. She is constantly joking, we fool around, ass grabs ( both ways ) and back rubs have started by her. Hugs, long holding ones, I would lightly release and she holds on. She tells me I smell good when she does release. I have not gone right out and asked her again but does she really want to be with me or am I just getting attention because she is not getting any at home. She is still with him and I dont see any changes there. I want it to work but what do you guys think. Girls if your pinching me, giving me back rubs, calling me "just to say hi" and the hugs before I leave ah expect the guy to feel like your interested.

She even tried to give me a wedgie, she had ahold of my underwear. Comments? Thanks.:o

She has a b/f. Until she is unavailable then you should back off and either let them break up or work on their relationship.

I think you're putting yourself in danger of a sexual harassment suit behaving that way at work. What if someone sees you? She may have been the one to start it, but if the sh*t hits the fan, you probably can't prove that. What is she decides to claim harassment to save face with her bf?

That type of behavior is inappropriate at work and you shouldn't allow it or participate in it.

Anyway, at work or not, she has a b/f. She knows how you feel. If she really wanted to be with you, she'd have broken it off with the bf.

• Author
abitconfused

Thanks you 2. I know it but its really tough when it happens to you. I will have the talk with her next time. Yeah I like my job to.

I know it's tough. I have my own thread about my own coworker (though he's not involved with anyone). It's hard to turn off the feelings.

stoopid_guy

It's obvious the interest is mutual, but I'd want to know more about the relationship with the boyfriend. They share a child, so they'll always have a common interest, but are they still in a serious relationship? Hate to say it, but if they have a kid together but still won't commit to marriage or at least living together, I doubt the relationship is that strong.

Do they share a bed? Does he date others? Why didn't they "tie the knot?" If you don't know, ask her.

• Author
abitconfused

Just to update the other 2 I cut off the contact at work and she respects my decision. This history is this. The child was unexpected. He said he was going to ask her to marry him anyway. So they had planned. They live together. She says they go through the motions in the bedroom. As far as I know no one see's anyone else. Over the past several months he done all kinda stuff. She thinks it may be so she will break up with him so he don't look bad with the parents. They are techically engaged. But no rings. He has stopped talking about the wedding and the future. They were going to try to save for a house and move out of the city apt. He has bought a 10k motorcycle, not asking her. Buys other stuff. Didn't show up to an out of state wedding of one of her friends. He believes and his father backs him up that a man needs his sleep so she was the only one to get up every night with the child getting 2 hrs sleep some days. She watches the child during the day when he works, he does at night when she works. She has to cook dinner for him and do everything in the house like dishes, clothes and cleaning. She has got home from work to find his mother there and he went out on his MC and has this several other times. Sometimes meeting other people. She is afraid to ask him or have a talk fearing the bad answer. She is love blind and is trying to make it work but will she ever leave him? She just does not want to be a single mom and at the same time she wants to be happy. A few weeks ago he said he regrets having the kid because he can't go do what he wants. He told her she couldn't even start a side business selling MaryKay to help the income.

As far as her and I. She shows alot of affection. She like holding me and touching me. She says she misses me and now wants to have lunch, picnic style with her son. She wants to talk to me everyday and wants to see me every day even if its just at work. All the fooling around at work as now stopped but she says for now thats where it has to end. As much as she is serious about all that she says and does with me she wont carry through with it while having a boyfriend. I respect that. I wouldn't want it to happen to me. She just needs to make a decision. I ask her and she says she does not want the relationship with him to be this way and she will decide. Thanks for your comments.