rating girls on looks

Why do guys - even ugly ones with nothing else going for them - feel that they can rate girls on the 1-10 scale so publicly and get away with it? Don't these guys know that they too are flawed?

And this 1 - 10 scale? Which famous person would you put on each point of the scale?

I'd put Monica Bellucci at the 10 end and I can't think of anyone ugly enough to be on the one end.

Why do guys - even ugly ones with nothing else going for them - feel that they can rate girls on the 1-10 scale so publicly and get away with it?

Because we can. Beauty is fun to look at.

Don't these guys know that they too are flawed?

Judges don't have to be as beautiful as the people they're judging. That's what makes it so fun.

I'd put Monica Bellucci at the 10 end and I can't think of anyone ugly enough to be on the one end.

Who's Monica Belluci?

Monica is a 42-year-old Italian actress. Everybody knows that...everybody smart enough to use google..hahaha!

She's OK looking but I think Salma Hayek is prettier.

I find the *rating* system quite shallow. To the guys out there say You were at a club for example and you are with your buds and a group of women were across the room throwing glances and giggling rating you.

Well lets just say you go to the restroom and another guy happens to be in there and starts laughing telling you the women were rating you and your friends and you were rated lower than one of your friends. How would this make you feel? Sure you may "try" and say it wouldnt bother you but I really doubt that;) .

RecordProducer

You first said rating women publically on a scale from 1-10 is bad then asked from everyone to rate actresses! :laugh:

Men talk about looks and use whatever measuring tool they find most convenient. Just because someone is ugly doesn't mean they can't rate other people's looks.

If you don't know how to cook, it doesn't mean you can't say that you don't like a meal that someone else prepared. If you're fat, you can say that someone else is fat, that doesn't make you sound like you think you're thin.

I like Angelina Jolie and many others. Jennifer Aniston is 6 or 7, Barbra Streissand is 1 in my eyes. I like Eric Roberts from men. He is so hot to me. I couldn't rate men from 1-10. I am either attracted to them or not. I am totally not attracted to Leo de Caprio, but could I say he's 1? I also don't like Brad Pitt at all. Mel Gibson is cute, but too handsome in my book. I like a little bit of roughness and imperfection. ;)

blind_otter

Once when I was in college I went to my eng lit/web design class on underground comics from the 1960s high as hell and tripping on shrooms. On the way to class I looked at the people who passed by and every.single.person looked freakish in some way or another. That experience permanently changed my perception and I realized that all organisms respond to norms in physical appearance that are indicative of health, nutrition, and genetic components. These all interact to form a subjective idea of what "attractive" is. And when you get right down to it, everyone looks freakish in one way or another. The beauty of humanity is that we are both blindly ignorant, in a buffonish and offensive way, and yet eloquently inciteful. We are ugly and beautiful.

And who cares what other people like to do when they're bored? Monkies like to hump each other and masturbate and fling poo.

Barbra Streissand is 1 in my eyes.

agreed RP....and sarah jessica parker is a 0.25 in my book :lmao:

agreed RP....and sarah jessica parker is a 0.25 in my book :lmao:

Yeah but a good chance she could win next years Triple Crown if she was entered. :lmao:

RecordProducer
don't tell me you never rate guys

we women rate guys all the time, too.

looks, body, height, length ... :D

it's fun!

I am glad to hear that girls view guys as sexual objects! :D

I either like someone or not. If I find them sexy overall (looks plus behavior plus mind plus sense of humor etc.) I will forgive them whatever physical faults they may have.

I just don't respond to a curvy nose or skinny legs or imperfect teeth with "Ewww!" I could literally turn down the most perfect man (e.g. Brad Pitt) if I don't like his mind. Not because I am not shallow or anything, but because it ruins my whole image of his beauty.

Of course, I couldn't fall in love with Deni De Vito no matter how smart and great he might be. :laugh:

Of course, I couldn't fall in love with Deni De Vito no matter how smart and great he might be. :laugh:

well i hear he has a 10" pecker and lots of ca$h :lmao:

Monica is a 42-year-old Italian actress. Everybody knows that...everybody smart enough to use google..hahaha!

She's OK looking but I think Salma Hayek is prettier.

Salma Hayek is the ONE woman my gf would forgive me for cheating on her with. When I say forgive...I mean she'll kick my ass THEN take me back cuz she kinda understands. LOL

Guys will rate women regardless of how they look because.....who cares? Really? When's the last time a girl went home crying because some ugly, fat, sloppy, pimplefaced guy told her she was a 4?

I suspect that they are insecure or bitter or just plain stupid. I've seen guys online bashing beautiful girls who upload their photos and the guys REFUSE to upload their own.

But the simplest answer is that the are IDIOTS

And BTW - after your complaint you then just asked us to rate people?!?!? WTF?!?!

Anyway....I would put Salma Hayek as a strong 10 - Halle Berry and Jessica Alba a 9 - Jennifer Garner, Winona Ryder an 8

On the bottom I'd put Joan Rivers and Star Jones as a (1)

RecordProducer
well i hear he has a 10" pecker and lots of ca$h :lmao:
I guess I would be willing to compromise! ;):laugh:

I am standing day and night in front of Donald Trump's house - I want to be the first in the line when he divorces Melania! :D

• Author

I was trying to understand why men think they way they do and what the scale means. That's why I asked those questions.

I wanted to know if the guys that do that take themselves seriously as hotties or not.

HokeyReligions

LOL! I got such a kick out of this. First you bash 'rating' then you start a ratings of your own! LOLOL!

Why do guy's rate girls? Because they are GUYS!

Why do guys rate girls based on looks?

Someone very wise once told me it's because we're body fascists.

Sorry, Noos, couldn't resist. :)

Everyone rates people in a way when they look but thats no excuse to be a shallow s***. I know this guy who is really overweight, and just generally unattractive, he always says that he would never date a woman that weighed more than 130lbs, this causes me great confusion.

RecordProducer
Everyone rates people in a way when they look but thats no excuse to be a shallow s***. I know this guy who is really overweight, and just generally unattractive, he always says that he would never date a woman that weighed more than 130lbs, this causes me great confusion.
Rating is different from choosing according to a personal preference; and choosing is different from discriminating.

I didn't want a man with children, although I have two. I found a guy with no kids who loves mine. I just knew myself and believed that I couldn't be a step-mother again. It's not double standards, I simply made a choice that suited my personality best and I succeeded in finding what I sought.

You can be fat and want to date thin people, you can be black and wish to date white people; you can be poor and wish to date rich people, etc.

The subject was rating looks. I think we all do the rating in our heads; it's just ugly when people do that out loud and use this 1-10 scale. When I meet a new person, I might try and rate their attractiveness in my head (not from 1 to 10 though) and I decide whether I find them very attractive, so-so, average or unattractive.

If two guys talk and guy 1 wants to hook guy 2 with some girl, it's expectable from guy 2 to ask if the girl is cute. then guy 1 may use a 1-10 scale to rate the girl according to his own taste.

Kate Beckinsale from me gets a 10*.

Uma Thurman a 9.

Salma Hayek an 8.

And you dont have to be extra skinny to get a good score. Id give Emme an 8 as well.

Salma- rockin body but a little short.

Uma- exotic look but sometimes dont look so good.

Kate- Great legs, feet, perfect face. Downside she smokes- so she gets a 10 with an asterisk.

RecordProducer
Downside she smokes- so she gets a 10 with an asterisk.
Why is smoking a deadly sin, but drugs are OK? :confused::eek::mad:

I rate girls in terms of yards. How far away would she have to be to look hot? I noticed in college that I could watch girls walking back from class and they would all look pretty good until they got so close. And the distance was different for each girl.

Really beautiful women are 0 - 2. Some women look good across the room (8 -10). Others need to be across the street to look good (15 - 20). Some need to be a block or two away (50 -100).

My ex was a 0. The one before her was a 2. The one before her was about a 10 (face) and 1 (body).

Really beautiful women are 0 - 2. Some women look good across the room (8 -10). Others need to be across the street to look good (15 - 20). Some need to be a block or two away (50 -100).

So if you had a gigantic penis, or were short sighted, you'd be happy having sex with any girl in the world. :laugh:

I rate girls in terms of yards. How far away would she have to be to look hot? I noticed in college that I could watch girls walking back from class and they would all look pretty good until they got so close. And the distance was different for each girl.

Interesting perspective.

I have used the same approach to distinguish the likable from the non-likable ones in the past but never acted upon or chose my guys in that manner.

I don't rate guys. I decide which ones I find attractive - ones that strike a cord in me.

It's very restrictive having to limit and categorize human beauty into measurable characteristics. It's above, and beyond just a few numbers. Human worth should not have to depreciate.