Feb 14 - God I hate this day

It's only another day. When you find the right one for you, and you will, this day will be no different than any other day. It will only be another day to love the one you're meant to be with....and if not...it will be a day meant to love yourself.

It's lost meaning just like Christmas anyway. My date has to work a double at his restaurant and is broke. I told him not to worry about it or a gift. It's the celebration of friendship not diamonds and $50 meals. Just like Christmas is not about how many parties you go to and how many gifts you buy. Let it go like any other day and appreciate the people in your life, romantic or not.

Yep,

I have always hated these days of obligation (yep my hubby knew this too while we were married).

He bought me fresh flowers every week, as he enjoyed them in the house as much as I did. I always told him though - not on V-day- I hate that obligation. I would much rather be surprised any other time with a simple gesture of thoughtfulness or kindness.

It is hard to deal with the day like Christmas or any other holiday. Just hard to see other people around you that are celebrating. Peer and social pressures are hard to dispell.

and i think that all around me i can sense people getting really irritable.

Not me, I'm still the same balanced cheery girl that I always am. :lmao:

I got flowers, card, gifts for my boys - who I love. That is the way I will do the day -- ohhhh and call my Mom who is traveling right now, she is a love!

it's just another day, super hyped up by candy manufacturers, florists etc. it only has meaning if you attach something to it.

Could be worse Clobsy... Just remember that. It could be much, much worse.

For instance. You could be in a relationship with a spoiled, crazy bytch that takes all your money and expects you to over board for her on Valentines day. And then tell everyone she hates you. (I think you almost dated a girl like that.... but were luckly spared that unpleasantness)

Or, you could be dating someone who is insane and blows up at you 2 days before Valentines day because you went out of your way to do nice things for the person. And because of that persons insecurites you are now the bad guy, and you spend the holiday alone without even getting a stupid phone call to wish you a happy V-day.

So, sometimes it's good to realize that life could be worse, and just make the best of the time you have.

Happy Valentines Day Clobsy. Will you be my Valentine today? :bunny::love:

Today wouldn't bother me....but, I work right across the street from a popular flower shop. Sucks to see all the flowers going out of there today...and seeing all the good guys buying them.

I don't hate it! I just think it's over rated! I mean why do we need a day to celebrate love!? My mom and sister called me this morning yelling "Happy V Day!". CUTE! :love: We are going to get toghether for dinner! The only thing that has always helped me in my time of loneliness, and all the ignorant men that I've put myself thru over and over.....is my family! They have always been there for me through heart break and dissapointments.

I can't ask for more to tell you the truth! I'm thankful every day! :) Even for meeting great people on LS!

HAPPY V DAY EVERYBODY!!!

Here's a question I need answered...

If flowers are delivered to you - are you obligated to accept them or can you ask them to take them back? :confused:

• Author
Happy Valentines Day Clobsy. Will you be my Valentine today? :bunny::love:

Happy Valentine's to you too Walk :)

"Will you be my Valentine today?" -> It's not even a question to be asked.. It's my pleasure :love: :love:

The times that I don't have a date on V-Day, I ignore the day and do something fun with my dam* self or a friend.

When I do have a date, like today, I see it as a fun day to enjoy them, the moment, and (the possibility of) being in love....:love:

But yeah, in most other years in my life, V-Day has always sucked a big one.

• Author
My x-fiance called me to wish me a happy valentine's today. I'll be damned!! :eek:

What happened to the "nice guy" you recently dumped? :p

What happened to the "nice guy" you recently dumped? :p

Ya know...I been getting attitude from a lot of people lately about dumping "mr. nice guy". For the record, I dooo have alot of guilt about dumping him. I guess I should have just judged him right off the bat and never given him a chance at all. But, I didn't. I got to know him slowly...I didn't feel any spark whatsoever and now it's over. I just don't get where people's attitudes are coming from.

Ya know...I been getting attitude from a lot of people lately about dumping "mr. nice guy". For the record, I dooo have alot of guilt about dumping him. I guess I should have just judged him right off the bat and never given him a chance at all. But, I didn't. I got to know him slowly...I didn't feel any spark whatsoever and now it's over. I just don't get where people's attitudes are coming from.

Pay no attention luvtoo. you have a right to choose who you want to be with and who you don't If the spark wasn't there, there is no reason to continue.

• Author

You really shouldn't let that concern you. By the end of the day YOU choose who you want to be with!!!

I think people generally get confused with the term "nice guy". If you had written "I dumped the guy that was clingy, needy, desperate, and shy" people would know what you are talking about.. But anyways, "nice guy" is supposedly a representation of the said characteristics that are not really attractive!

You really shouldn't let that concern you. By the end of the day YOU choose who you want to be with!!!

I think people generally get confused with the term "nice guy". If you had written "I dumped the guy that was clingy, needy, desperate, and shy" people would know what you are talking about.. But anyways, "nice guy" is supposedly a representation of the said characteristics that are not really attractive!

I call him "nice guy" cause he was just extremely niave to the whole dating scene and a bit of a geek/brain, but..no he wasn't the average "nice guy" stereotype. He works out and has a body to die for and he was attractive! But, no spark personality wise for me. For me, that's where the spark originates from. Personality, personality, personality!! I've dated not so hot guys who I wasn't at first attracted to...but, then their personality made me stop in my tracks!!!