Sylvia Brown

How many find Sylvia Brown intriguing ? I love to watch her and wonder how she knows all this.. Do you think she is for real ? She has found people that can't be found and gives people closure on things .. I even think she has been used for investigations with murders .. I find her fascinating and look for her on Wednesday's on Montel .. She has a book out by her called Secret Mysteries and she talks about Big Foot ..

I have watched her before and yes shes pretty interesting. Wheather or not shes for real or not I have no clue. I do beleive their are people with great insight and kind of clairavoyant that have been known to help the police and investigators with things. I also heard that she can help you with any questions you may have, guess it depends on what it is, but I think I read she charges anywhere from 7 hundred dollars and up depending on what it is.

Jade

• Author

Yeah sorry Slub didn't make it know who she was .. Jade sent you a link so you should know by now!! Yeah i hear she is expensive as well.. I would like to ask her some questions if i could afford her ..

Yeah, people like her and John Edwards are pretty amazing.

A relative of mine was on that show with a friend of hers for a reading and ended up getting one of her! One of our dead relatives came though to her and the things that John said were very accurate. I was pondering over this-

and talking about it to another relative of mine. I was saying how believable that was to me because she wasn't even there for a reading for herself, this person didn't know anything about her.

My stepmom said, "Well, yes, that's true, but you have to consider the Devil knows all that stuff too, just like God does"

That scared me because it's so true. The Devil would have the ability to give someone that knowledge just like God would.

I love Sylvia and I think she's amazingly accurate. Several years ago I got on a waiting list to have a phone reading with her. They said I'd have to wait at least a year, but the year came and went and I never got the reading. She's too busy and WAY expensive. I have a phone psychic who's pretty good. I blow money on him once every couple months.

slubberdegullion

It's called cold reading and has been used by so-called psychics and mediums (media?) for centuries.

This lady goes to great lengths to dismiss the $1-million offer by the Randi group to prove her psychic abilities, saying that they should give it to charity.

It's a smokescreen.

If she wants to see a charity get the million bux, she should take the Randi group up on the offer, then if she's awarded the prize, she can forward it to whatever group she pleases.

Sorry, but I just don't buy it. I think it's outright fraud, preying on those who are suffering and in pain and are seeking answers to unanswerable questions.

I love Sylvia and I think she's amazingly accurate. Several years ago I got on a waiting list to have a phone reading with her. They said I'd have to wait at least a year, but the year came and went and I never got the reading. She's too busy and WAY expensive. I have a phone psychic who's pretty good. I blow money on him once every couple months.

I just read on her website that a reading over the phone by her is 700 hundred dollars. She better really hit the damn nail on the head for that. :laugh:

Jade

Sorry, but I just don't buy it. I think it's outright fraud, preying on those who are suffering and in pain and are seeking answers to unanswerable questions.

Sometimes those who are suffering need a few answers to give them hope. It helps relieve the pain, but I have to disagree with you about all psychics being frauds. My phone one is right about 80% of the time, and that's pretty damn good. He predicted many things for me, along with exact time frames that happened to the day.

Or maybe I'm delusional and imagining it all. Anything is possible :laugh:

Or maybe I'm delusional and imagining it all.

we believe what we want to believe...

and also please explain why two horoscopes from different newspapers for the same sign and same day will be vastly different?

I agree and those who are suffering are at their most vulnerable and therefore easy prey of con artists such as *psychics* and cult leaders.

we believe what we want to believe...

So true, my friend....

and also please explain why two horoscopes from different newspapers for the same sign and same day will be vastly different?

Because horoscopes are stupid. Some bored person sitting behind a desk writes them

I do think there are alot of psychics out there that are quacks just as there are quack doctors, lawyers, politicans etc, but there are some that seem to be accurate in their thoughts about things. I will admit I can be a skeptic when it comes to those kinds of things, and I would probably have to actually see it/hear it before I believed it fully. But yes I do believe there are some blessed with a gift to a point.

Jade

I will admit I can be a skeptic when it comes to those kinds of things, and I would probably have to actually see it/hear it before I believed it fully. But yes I do believe there are some blessed with a gift to a point.

people who go to psychics for advice or foresight (nancy reagan?) are already predisposed to believe what the "psychic" says...

in addition, every scientific study ever done on the accuracy of psychics has shown them to be frauds.

I had a friend that worked on as a phone psychic, the goal they set is to keep you on the phone for as long as possible. She was no more psychic than a ball point pen could be.

I had one tell me that family is the most important thing in my life....... far from it. She was hired for Halloween at the bar I managed, gave me a freebie.

I do think some psyhics are able to plant ideas in peoples heads..... thus make the predicted future actually happen. Or give them hope so it will happen/ acting as a catalyst.

a4a- I do believe black holes exist;)

• Author

I went to a local psychic and she told me i would have two kids with my h and we was split up .. She also told me he was cheating with his ex that he had a child with and told her name!! I told her i had a step child she said 2 of your own.. I was tripping never believed it .. Everything she told me came true ,and said me and h would get back together and go through alot, and have 2 kids of ours ,and even talked about his band flopping so far everything is true except the one kid !! Still waiting cause i have no intentions of having anymore i am done..

people who go to psychics for advice or foresight (nancy reagan?) are already predisposed to believe what the "psychic" says...

in addition, every scientific study ever done on the accuracy of psychics has shown them to be frauds.

Good for you alpaha. I never said I believed. I did say I believe there are people that were blessed to have a gift or some form of insight into some things. I don't beleive in laying of the hands either, where a person can touch you and you're all of a sudden healed. I don't believe someone can really do all that. Thats why I said I was a skeptic.

Jade

But do you all believe in God? Do you believe in an after-life in spiritual form. None of that can be scientifically explained either, yet so many believe.

• Author
You're all a bunch of NON-BELIEVERS! :p

I believe with my expierence Lonestar all came true except the other child!!:confused:

But do you all believe in God? Do you believe in an after-life in spiritual form.

Nope. :)

When I die, that's it. No harps or pitchforks... no singing angels or snarling demons... no heaven or hell. Just nothingness for all eternity.

I will be placed in a steel box and put six feet or so into the earth. That's it. Game over. :)

And, btw, I am not gonna come back and be reincarnated either... jeez... :p

I believe with my expierence Lonestar all came true except the other child!!:confused:

Don't screw up the birth control. Better yet, get a tubal :laugh:

I know there are a lot of frauds out there, but I do think there are some truly gifted people out there

LucreziaBorgia

S.B.'s appearances and books are a form of entertainment for me. I see them no differently than any other tv shows or books. Fun, interesting - no more, no less really.

slubberdegullion
I know there are a lot of frauds out there, but I do think there are some truly gifted people out there

Thing is, you may be right. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (Hamlet, 1v5) But if so-called psychics like this Sylvia person continue to avoid or dismiss attempts at proving her abilities, what does that tell you?