Photo's of past relationships, happy times but upsetting!

Hi all

Last night i saw pictures, lots of them of the relationship of my life, the girl i've loved more than anyone since or before & i was very upset!

I'ts 2 years ago since i last saw her, but it brought all the memories, smells, feelings back.

She was Hungarian & i'm English & we lived in her country after i met her here & we went to USA together to start a life together.

I was so, so in love & i've lots of photos of her here, in Hungary & USA. We split because i had anxiety problems whic hurt her & as it was her dream & she could stay longer than me, it ended!

I was actually enjoying looking at these & even though it was heartbreaking & emotional, i carried on & on & even felt the push to try & email her & ask her how things were.

It was like a perverse enjoyment.

Has anyone ever done this, reminisced & been very upset. Full of regrets & memories & thought of what could've been!

I feel a bit pathetic, but oneday i want us to share these photos together, she said we could when we parted

No, I throw away or return all the photos of me and any ex's to avoid the emotional scene you described above. What's done is done. The only photos I've kept were my wedding photos. Because I paid like 6 grand for those things.

I get rid of all those damn things don't want no bad memories of jerks that did me wrong!! Trash them hurts to bad to keep them..

I get rid of all those damn things don't want no bad memories of jerks that did me wrong!! Trash them hurts to bad to keep them..

Word, moma. Plus, in any subsequent relationships, your future partners would be none too happy with you crying over past relationships sitting with photos of someone else all around you....

Word, moma. Plus, in any subsequent relationships, your future partners would be none too happy with you crying over past relationships sitting with photos of someone else all around you....

Exactly blind!!! You are so right about future partners not liking you sitting around with the photos crying not good at all...

• Author

These times we had were the best of my life, living in a foreign country & the memories i have a so strong & yes i love this girl still.

They are of us in Texas & Budapest, seeing the sights & was the happiest time of my life.

These photos are worth 6 grand to me as she is very special to me & one day i hope we will meet & get together again, she said she wanted this!

If the photos are of someone you hate, you shouldn't keep them just because they cost you lots of money!

I just have regrets & i recall happy times. I'm very depressed & sometimes because they make me cry, they help release emotions!

I've had other relationships, but nothing has ever compared. My nan says she keeps pics of people she knew intimately in the 1930's & are fond memories, these will be for me as she means a lot.

These times we had were the best of my life, living in a foreign country & the memories i have a so strong & yes i love this girl still.

They are of us in Texas & Budapest, seeing the sights & was the happiest time of my life.

These photos are worth 6 grand to me as she is very special to me & one day i hope we will meet & get together again, she said she wanted this!

If the photos are of someone you hate, you shouldn't keep them just because they cost you lots of money!

I just have regrets & i recall happy times. I'm very depressed & sometimes because they make me cry, they help release emotions!

I've had other relationships, but nothing has ever compared. My nan says she keeps pics of people she knew intimately in the 1930's & are fond memories, these will be for me as she means a lot.

They are my wedding photographs. I'm never getting married again, so I might as well keep the effing things.

Good for your nan. My father was married twice before he met my mother and he has no pictures of anyone but with her. Just goes to show. Different people have different standards by which they live their life.

Psychologically speaking, dwelling on past hurts and crying about them long after the initial hurt occurred is NOT a release of emotions. Depression is a serious issue and can cloud your judgement.

Keeping pictures is fine, as long as you don't sit around crying about what you don't have any more. Then it becomes a tool to help you continue clinging and being depressed, rather than helping you. There is a difference. I have many pictures with family and friends, because I can look at them and feel GOOD, not CRY about what no longer exists, for God's sake.

Honestly. What is healthier? Moving on with your life and moving forward, or dwelling in a past which no longer exists for anyone but yourself?

Answer that question.

• Author

I am moving on, slowly i have lots of issues currently, but like she said, she wants to see me in the future & we will, & then we can share the memories together.

I just saw them & they brought a tear to my eye, i shan't see them for a long time.