Meeting his whole family! If i am nervous is it too soon?

We have been together roughly 4 months. We broke up and got back together once during this time. I very briefly met his parents already.

Now I am invited to a big Thanksgiving dinner that includes his whole family. Why am I dreading this and why am I so nervous. The dinner is tomorrow. I don't want to go but I love him and he will be very dissappointed if I don't!:o

I may be off here, but aren't you the same woman with the ex hubby paying the alimony, the Woodward that wants to pay you $2,000,000 to have sex with you, and that your boyfriend raped you and you liked it?

Don't I recall that you are in your early twenties? Are you dating a teenager? In which case I would be nervous as well--are there laws against that in Canada?

• Author

I am not in my early 20's.

You probably thought i was very young because I indicated in one of my posts that I never lived on my own before. I am 34yrs old and he is 27yrs old. Yes I am the one who is on support. My bf says I should learn to support myself before we live together.

If you love him like you say then go to the dinner. Not sure what the big deal is. You said you have met them before even if it was brief. When you met them before did you feel they didn't like you? Were they judgemental against you, tell your b/f how they felt about you? I would just go and relax and try to enjoy yourself.

Jade

you're 34 and you can't support yourself? Why can't you get a job? Sorry, but that is pathetic. Maybe you SHOULD take the 2 million guy up on his offer and drop your bf. You'll never have to work again.

If you WANT to help yourself and you TRULY love this guy- going to the dinner shouldn't be a big deal. Just look nice, be polite and be friendly. You'll be fine.

• Author

I do work 2 part time jobs but do not make enough to actually get by without support. One job is my dream job..my business and the other is an unstable, unreliable job that does pay very well when i am not getting screwed over.