having problems

Hi I'm not even sure if this is the right place. Here it goes. I met a man in a forensic reconstruction course 3 years ago. He was a police detective(he retired in july2005 at age 42)and was recently divorced to a wife who cheated on him. We went out almost every evening during the course. I thought he might be drinking too much. After the course I spoke with him over the phone a few times a week. We saw each other a few times a month. We were friendly to each other kissed and laughed and held each other. About 8 months ago we slept together. For me, to sleep with a man is a very emotional step. After a few times we would snuggle in bed and talk about everything. He told me about the women of his past. I didn't have much to tell.

He always had wild ideas about inventing something. He is currently working on a book relating to his police work. To get to the part I am confused and insecure about. After sleeping together a few more times he would ask me about my fantasies. He would constantly tell me of the experience he had with 2 women. I know it aroused him. I know it also aroused him to see me excited, so I started making up fantasies. Mostly I just wanted to celebrate what I felt for him by kissing his body etc. But I did listen to his fantasies and tell him made up ones. Gosh I know the 2 girl fantasy by heart now.lol

When he retired he told me now he could get rid of all the ugly things he had seen. He wanted to start something new to make enough money. He wanted to take care of me and to be committed. I would talk to him a few days later he seemed not too loving. This is still going off and on. I know he is working on several projects which are really good ideas. He called me and told me a friend was taking him on a business trip to las vegas. When he got back he told me he enoyed it as well as disliked it very much. He spoke of going to several places where orgies were going on. He said he felt disgusted and it did not arouse him. He would never wish to lead a life like that. When he retured he again said he wanted to be with him. The other day I received an email from a friend who saw his picture on a personals ad on yahoo. I could not help myself. I looked and my heart sunk. I decided to go ahead and ask him about this. He told me it was also a new idea he was working on. He wanted to create a sort of dating situation using incentives for online singles. He said he found the whole ad thing interesting.

He insisited there is nothing sexual involved. I could even read his emails.

He wants to see me tomorrow. I know I want to be with him.. I know I love him.

Any thoughts about this situation. Thank you for reading.

RecordProducer

He didn't tell you about his dating ideas before posting his profile, but only after you caught him. So did he ever tell you about his ideas oir did he jkust say "I have some ideas"? I would certainly ask him what those ideas are.

He wanted to create a sort of dating situation using incentives for online singles. He said he found the whole ad thing interesting.

Sorry, but it sounds to me like he wants to meet women and have sex with them. What incentive and what dating situation? :confused:

• Author

He says he wishes to create a sort of dating game version of the tv show, and the public would be involved and money will be the incentive. Yes I did wonder why he did not tell me before he put his face out there. I do not travel the personal ads but, everything on the internet is very much public.

I am so very confused. He tells me he loves me and that will never change. Then he tells me he could never be married again because of all the pain he has been through. He tells me he is used to lying because of his former job. I can understand that. But he is finished with that job. He is dealing with genuine caring people. Thank you

RecordProducer

And how does he benefit from this idea? (Sorry I still don't get the whole concept of his dating idea).

I don't think he is trying to earn money, but find dates on the dating site. Just becuase you can read his emails doesn't mean he won't reply to them or he won't email/IM the women. Besides, given his fantasies, it sounds like he would like to have a threesome with you and another woman. Maybe I am wrong though.

Used to lying because of his former job?!?!?! Detectives should be the example of honesty and justice, if you ask me.

• Author

Thank you for everyones input. I appreciate this. As far as the online dating game. He feels he could propose it to someone and get it off the ground. Have the audience pick the male or female go out on a date with someone. I don't know if you have ever seen the tv show the dating game. Well I suppose the couple who were to be each others date would win dinner etc. And the audience participation online would win something too. I'm not quite sure. You are right though I am hurting desperately. I am almost feel jealous as though to pretend I am a personal inquirer and see how he responds to me maybe as a sexy woman. Is that bad or sad or what. Well it is time to work hard. Take in the day and work hard. Thank you again. Any input by men would be nice too.

• Author

oh yes he also suggested if I did wish to have another woman he could arrange this. I know there is something beautiful in him and I love him. Gosh could my mind be just causing me to punish myself. Darn I am usually so strong. Thanks again.