What is the dumbest thing you did for love?

Curious. This year the highlight for me was using the last of my phone battery talking to my love interest for fun, even though I was running late to a faraway event I was about to continue driving to and my car was having issues. Phone died, car broke down in the middle of nowhere. Happened to be wearing really warm attire and inappropriate footwear and had to walk in the blazing heat for so many hour until I could reach someone. Got faint, dizzy and dehydrated. Barely looked human by the time I made it home. And all in the name of looove. :lmao:

CautiouslyOptimistic

I've done far more life-altering things that that.....

• Like 1

back in 1990 when I was 25 yrs old I was working at a small agency. Long story short I started dating 3 women at the same time (yes, we were all co-workers). This went on for like 3 months and I really enjoyed the attention. Anyhoo...the girls all compared notes and confronted me in my office. In one afternoon I went from 3 girlfriends to zero :o

After that debacle I never dated a girl at work...

• Like 4
Shining One
Long story short I started dating 3 women at the same time (yes, we were all co-workers). This went on for like 3 months and I really enjoyed the attention. Anyhoo...the girls all compared notes and confronted me in my office. In one afternoon I went from 3 girlfriends to zero :o

You remind me of one of my coworkers. He had just moved into a new apartment building. He slept with 3 women from different units. They compared notes at some point and one of them slashed his tires. He resolved to not "date" women who lived in his building again.
  • Like 1
You remind me of one of my coworkers. He had just moved into a new apartment building. He slept with 3 women from different units. They compared notes at some point and one of them slashed his tires. He resolved to not "date" women who lived in his building again.

:lmao::lmao:

• Author
I've done far more life-altering things that that.....

Well, I only even experienced sex for the first time this year lol I am young and I am sure I will continue to screw up lots but this ain’t no contest thread.

back in 1990 when I was 25 yrs old I was working at a small agency. Long story short I started dating 3 women at the same time (yes, we were all co-workers). This went on for like 3 months and I really enjoyed the attention. Anyhoo...the girls all compared notes and confronted me in my office. In one afternoon I went from 3 girlfriends to zero :o

Honestly, the fact that you were able to keep that up for a whole 3 months is mind-blowing. :lmao:

Countless things I did to try and please my first wife when it was all for nothing.

But in the end I am sure you got some valuable lessons out of it. The important part is to never repeat!

CautiouslyOptimistic
Well, I only even experienced sex for the first time this year lol I am young and I am sure I will continue to screw up lots but this ain’t no contest thread.

Oh, OK, yes.....I'm looking at this as a somewhat experienced (and sometimes traumatized) old lady :). Your definition of things you did for love are probably sweet. I'm using my jaded mind and looking at my huge mistakes! :lmao:

Stay with your worldview as long as possible. :)

• Like 2
I started dating 3 women at the same time (yes, we were all co-workers).

My dad did the same in the 1950's. Dating three women at once and each independently decided to go to the swimming club he participated in. All arrived while he was doing a distance swim and he got out of the water to find them all together. He didn't have anyone to date that evening.

I've only done stupid stuff in the name of infatuation - not love. The worst was blowing up the phone of a nutter who'd gone AWOL

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh, OK, yes.....I'm looking at this as a somewhat experienced (and sometimes traumatized) old lady :). Your definition of things you did for love are probably sweet. I'm using my jaded mind and looking at my huge mistakes! :lmao:

Stay with your worldview as long as possible. :)

Thank you so much!! And you are not old, especially if it is you in your photo. Besides, I like that you are always strong with your opinions - I find a trait like that to come from a sharp mind.

I've only done stupid stuff in the name of infatuation - not love. The worst was blowing up the phone of a nutter who'd gone AWOL

I think you are good - my brother's ex-girlfriend called him 75 times in a row just because she was really in the mood to speak with him... (he was asleep)

Shining One

I've done plenty of stupid things in the name of love/lust. Here's a few:

• In college, I spent almost an entire semester helping a woman ace her classes (this involved me doing most of her work) while she was sleeping with a faculty member the entire time.
  • With another woman, I ate nothing but ramen noodles for almost two months to plan a big birthday celebration for her. Shortly after said birthday, she started a fling with a local musician.
  • I spent over $900 on a hotel room with a jacuzzi to impress a ONS. She was 19. She had already said yes. Why did I need to impress her? We spent very little time in the jacuzzi.

• Like 1

I spent over $900 on a hotel room with a jacuzzi to impress a ONS. She was 19. She had already said yes. Why did I need to impress her? We spent very little time in the jacuzzi.

that was the price of admission SO, and a great lesson

What is the dumbest thing you did for love?

Got married :laugh:.... then later came the smartest thing I ever did...

• Like 1

Believe me I learned my lessons from every mistake I made and it makes me appreciate what I have right now.

• Like 2
  • Author
Got married :laugh:.... then later came the smartest thing I ever did...

Believe me I learned my lessons from every mistake I made and it makes me appreciate what I have right now.

I love these kind of lessons life throws our way - blessings in disguise.

Curious. This year the highlight for me was using the last of my phone battery talking to my love interest for fun, even though I was running late to a faraway event I was about to continue driving to and my car was having issues. Phone died, car broke down in the middle of nowhere. Happened to be wearing really warm attire and inappropriate footwear and had to walk in the blazing heat for so many hour until I could reach someone. Got faint, dizzy and dehydrated. Barely looked human by the time I made it home. And all in the name of looove. :lmao:

Ohh sounds like a blast!

I left school and everything/everyone behind at 17 to move to a country I knew nothing about, "all in the name of looove" and out of stupidness :rolleyes:

Was a great experience, taught me a lot to say the least..!

• Like 1

I fell in love with an idiot. That's the dumbest thing I've done for love so far. But there's still plenty of time.

• Like 1
loversquarrel

Screwed around with several women at the same time right around the time Facebook took off. Yep my downfall was because of Facebook as they all very publicly took pics of me in there company and posted them

• Like 1
  • Author
Ohh sounds like a blast!

I left school and everything/everyone behind at 17 to move to a country I knew nothing about, "all in the name of looove" and out of stupidness :rolleyes:

Was a great experience, taught me a lot to say the least..!

Oh my goodness! I know my friend did that but at 19 - it is crazy but yep, I understand. Love is absolutely insane sometimes and it is hard to think clearly. I am just glad there were at least some great life lessons learned :)

I fell in love with an idiot.

Too relatable!