Moments of choking when trying to talk to someone.

I have a story to share. A couple of nights ago, I was at a music store that is going out of business. I see this attractive young woman. I was browsing and the girl commented on my T-shirt. We engaged in a small conversation. I even thought that maybe I could try to get her number or something, but then I choked. I felt a bit bummed, but I told myself when an opportunity like that comes again, just go for it, even if I would get shot down (I have been shot down before and I took it well).

Any examples on your end?

I think this happens more than you realize, but we call it shyness or hesitation or anxiety. It has happened to me many times, years ago, and I got over it.. Just remember that the chances of actually seeing her socially were probably low anyway. Liking your shirt is nice but that doesn't mean much, at all. I would not ask out a girl based on that alone. So what?

Recently, I met a woman working in a store and we chatted a bit--she liked me and I wanted to ask her out, but hesitated again and again. When I went back to ask her, she was no longer working there. Seize the moment??

• Author
I think this happens more than you realize, but we call it shyness or hesitation or anxiety. It has happened to me many times, years ago, and I got over it.. Just remember that the chances of actually seeing her socially were probably low anyway. Liking your shirt is nice but that doesn't mean much, at all. I would not ask out a girl based on that alone. So what?

Recently, I met a woman working in a store and we chatted a bit--she liked me and I wanted to ask her out, but hesitated again and again. When I went back to ask her, she was no longer working there. Seize the moment??

I get where you are coming from. But like I had noted, we engaged in a bit of a conversation and I had thought of that. Even if she would have shot me down, I would have been fine with it.

I'll remember next time to just seize the moment.

I used to hit on random women out in public but I stopped. Too embarrassing and rarely was successful. But i'm pretty successful with women I know or am aquainted with...

loversquarrel
I used to hit on random women out in public but I stopped. Too embarrassing and rarely was successful. But i'm pretty successful with women I know or am aquainted with...

I prefer to get hit on by women I dont know when I'm out that way I know I've succeeded.

I prefer to get hit on by women I dont know when I'm out that way I know I've succeeded.

:laugh::lmao: