Guys: Explain to me why wearing sexy clothes makes you mad

I'm not trying to be dumb here, I just want to understand fully. I am assuming that a guy might get upset if his woman is wearing something quite sexy/revealing/skimpy, etc, because other guys would be looking at her or lusting after her. Is it other guys just looking at her, or is it that you think the other guys are going to try to talk to her and take her away from you, that upsets you?

PS - I know there are guys who don't care if their woman wears this, but the question is aimed at guys who do care or guys who understand the reasoning behind it and can explain it to me. I don't want this to turn into a thread filled with guys who don't care. I already know some guys don't care.

understanding/reasoning for women dressing sexy it to look good for their man AND look good for other women...

• Like 1
  • Author
understanding/reasoning for women dressing sexy it to look good for their man AND look good for other women...

alphamale, can you please explain a little bit more how this relates to the question?

alphamale, can you please explain a little bit more how this relates to the question?

no, I cannot :)

• Like 1

The other side of the coin is that he may think his woman is dressing sexy to deliberately attract other men, ie she is thinking of leaving him...

The other side of the coin is that he may think his woman is dressing sexy to deliberately attract other men, ie she is thinking of leaving him...

yea but what if she dresses like a tramp all the time?

• Like 2
  • Author

Oh, lightbulb moment. This is probably all of it.

• Like 2
  • Author
yea but what if she dresses like a tramp all the time?

Good question. I have seen that before. Woman dresses sexy all the time, even when she met her guy, and then after they get together, he regularly gets upset with her for dressing sexy. This baffles me even more. I guess he thought she would stop once she was with him.

I guess he thought she would stop once she was with him.

Yes, that's it.

Sometimes though, he might want her to flaunt it in front of his friends so he can show off how hot she is, gain some hierarchy points.

• Like 1
Oh, lightbulb moment. This is probably all of it.

Noooooo, ridiculous.

Maybe now and then if a couple weren't going too well, in that case though if she was doing that for that she'd be getting the boot quick smart anyway.

• Like 1

There's a big difference between classy and just plain sl@tty trashy too, and the latter is just a real turn off even in other women .

• Like 3
  • Author
Noooooo, ridiculous.

Maybe now and then if a couple weren't going too well, in that case though if she was doing that for that she'd be getting the boot quick smart anyway.

There's a big difference between classy and just plain sl@tty trashy too, and the latter is just a real turn off even in other women .

Thanks for answering!

• Author
good looking women that are in a relationship should wear a burka :laugh::lmao:

lol :-X

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Scarlett.O'hara

I think it's quite simple. The perception is that if she is leaving little to the imagination, she is either oblivious to how it is perceived or she is likes the attention.

A man who is very secure, or gets a kick out of it won't care, but some men will feel that their girlfriend is portraying herself as easy or advertising her sexuality for other men, which leaves him feeling either jealous, resentful, or embarrassed.

The equivalent might be having an attractive boyfriend who is a natural flirt. He may not be aware of the impact he has on other women, but they still fawn over him as a result. Some girlfriends wouldn't care, knowing it was innocent, but others would some of the negative feelings listed above.

Some people are more territorial than others.

Edited by Scarlett.O'hara
  • Like 3
One word: insecurity

yep, very true preraph, lots of guys with attractive women who dress sexy are totally insecure. I used to date a woman who was a size two and loved to wear miniskirts and heels when we would go out. Guys would ask her to dance right in front of me, or ask for her phone #. I just ignored it and didn't say anything and let her handle it. I never once made a big deal of it and there was no problem, I knew what to do and she knew what to do

• Like 4
  • Author
I think it's quite simple. The perception is that if she is leaving little to the imagination' date=' she is either oblivious to how it is perceived or she is likes the attention......[/quote']

Got it!!!!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

The equivalent might be having an attractive boyfriend who is a natural flirt. He may not be aware of the impact he has on other women, but they still fawn over him as a result. Some girlfriends wouldn't care, knowing it was innocent, but others would some of the negative feelings listed above.

Flirting is one of the main red flag personality traits of cheaters so unlikely to be totally "innocent".

• Like 2
  • Author
Flirting is one of the main red flag personality traits of cheaters so unlikely to be totally "innocent".

I think some forms of friendliness are innocent but can be misconstrued by the receiver as flirting.

• Like 2
I think some forms of friendliness are innocent but can be misconstrued by the receiver as flirting.

Yes but some people do flirt and thinking that is all "innocent" can be a big mistake...

• Like 2
  • Author
Yes but some people do flirt and thinking that is all "innocent" can be a big mistake...

Yes they do. It's really hard to tell the difference sometimes. I had a scenario like that with my ex-bf. I'll indulge you guys with the story, as embarrassing as it may be. sigh. :o

So, earlier this year my ex and I got back together but by this time we had moved far apart and were attempting a LDR. Needless to say we were doing a lot of texting. I was in the midst of traveling one day and I get a text out of the blue from him that said, "I saw you in THAT BAD ASS DRESS at the party on facebook!!!!"

Well, I had not posted anything on facebook in a dress. :eek:

So the text wasn't for me, it was for some other woman, sent to me by mistake.

And I'm like "Bad ass dress"???? What man refers to a dress as a bad ass dress?? Oh, I know. It must be a sexy dress!

So I get mad and we go round and round and back and forth about it.

He claimed that it was a woman he went to high school with and is a family friend, their parents know each other and that the woman was married and unattractive, but he was just trying to be nice and make her feel good about herself.

Sigh. Of course that messed with my head for a while too and I had to think hard on it. Was he F-ing with me?

I came to the conclusion that he truly was just trying to be nice and make her feel good, and not flirting. He's a very sweet and heartfelt type of personality. But, yeah, I had to tell him that it's not his job to make every woman on the planet feel good about themselves. He seemed totally surprised by it all. Not angry, just surprised that it was taken that way. The good news is that he stopped. :lmao:

Crazy stuff.

• Like 1