Height question for dating

I’m talking to a new girl now, who, like the last one, seems cool and has many interests that overlap mine. I keep feeling like I’m just looking for a new version of the previous girl, with increased weight on things like interests and such. I don’t know if that’s the case or if I really want to build a real relationship. Anyway,

She’s 5’10” and I’m 5’8” ish, and she seems interested. We have not met yet, but we have already arranged a date for next Wednesday (which I’m worried it will somehow fall through)

She has not asked about height yet, and I saw what her height was on her Bumble profile. I don’t have mine listed. I am worried that after the first date, that the wheels could come off by her showing way less interest afterwards or just straight up telling me she can’t date a shorter guy.

How do I go about this? I’m assuming it’s a terrible idea to ask if height matters since it brings up the issue? Or just wait?

No point in putting yourself in this position. As a woman 5'10, she probably IS used to dating shorter than her because women that height have trouble dating taller unless they happen to be models.

I think just put your height on your profile so you can stop worrying about it. She may not see it in time though.

You know, they make lots of athletic shoes that add an inch or inch and a half to your height with a thick sole.

• Like 2
RecentChange

Just go on the date!

Here’s the thing, sure we all have our preferences, but humans are more than a list of statistics.

Maybe she prefers taller guys. But what if you two click on a deeper level than most men she has met? Then the height becomes less important.

My husband had a number of things that I thought “weren’t my type”. He has a full beard, I only liked clean shaven.

He’s a bit of a jock, but I go more for the nerdy intellectual types.

I like tall, he’s 5’10”.

But despite my preconceived “preferences” I had never met HIM before. He gets me in ways no one else does, and vice versa. We are peas in a pod.

If he had approached me online I would have probably brushed him off for not meeting my “check list” (and this is one of the many reasons I harp against check list dating).

She has agreed to the date, go on the date. Don’t worry about your height. Try to get to know her and see if there is something there.

• Like 4
  • Author
Just go on the date!

Here’s the thing, sure we all have our preferences, but humans are more than a list of statistics.

Maybe she prefers taller guys. But what if you two click on a deeper level than most men she has met? Then the height becomes less important.

My husband had a number of things that I thought “weren’t my type”. He has a full beard, I only liked clean shaven.

He’s a bit of a jock, but I go more for the nerdy intellectual types.

I like tall, he’s 5’10”.

But despite my preconceived “preferences” I had never met HIM before. He gets me in ways no one else does, and vice versa. We are peas in a pod.

If he had approached me online I would have probably brushed him off for not meeting my “check list” (and this is one of the many reasons I harp against check list dating).

She has agreed to the date, go on the date. Don’t worry about your height. Try to get to know her and see if there is something there.

This is a very interesting story, and it brings positivity to me. I know I need thicker skin to be playing this game, but if height ends up being a deal breaker... I don’t even know

• Author
No point in putting yourself in this position. As a woman 5'10, she probably IS used to dating shorter than her because women that height have trouble dating taller unless they happen to be models.

I think just put your height on your profile so you can stop worrying about it. She may not see it in time though.

You know, they make lots of athletic shoes that add an inch or inch and a half to your height with a thick sole.

You’re right I should have had height on there. I’ll just stop while I’m at it before I get angry and upset over things I can’t control.

How do I go about this?

hi KB - you buy and then wear a nice pair of cowboy boots with 2" heels

• Like 1
  • Author
hi KB - you buy and then wear a nice pair of cowboy boots with 2" heels

Or she could see the qualities I have that 99% don’t

I am very frugal and good with money, I’m better off than most people my age because of my own drive and financial education

I have a nice body and am physically stronger than most men. I have done world class feats of strength.

I have great intellectual curiosity. Not many guys can say they have an MBA, CFA, entrepreneur, Ivy League PhD, will be fluent in 25 languages, a great writer, computer programmer, etc

Most guys are dumb and satisfied with mediocrity because they can’t see beyond it. Yet some petty physical trait like height gets them the nod. Even though they’re intellectually simple and relatively unambitious.

Just about everyone wears some heel. You're into feet, so I'd think you'd be fine wearing an athletic one-inch wedge, or like alphamale says, a boot. Boots are usually going to add one and a half inches, cowboy boots. You can actually shop by heel height so you don't have to go by the photo.

Don’t get angry and decide it’s a problem or an injustice before it is. That isn’t fair to her. But if you- you- are concerned about it, disclose it on your profile.

thefooloftheyear

Tall/big women usually have big and ugly feet....How will you deal with that?? :p:laugh:

Actually, what Recent Change said is very true....Most women, while have their preferences, have no issue with going outside that for the right guy...If you are confident in yourself, it probably wont matter...If she is so rigid about it(some women just don't want a guy shorter than they are) so be it....Nothing ventured nothing gained..

TFY

RecentChange
5'8" isn't short. And good for you for taking out a tall woman.

Yeah sometimes I forget that my dad is 5’8”.

He has ALWAYS had women fawning over him! He is super witty, funny, sociable, smart.

His height never seemed to hold him back when it comes to the ladies - and no he never wore “lifts”.

• Like 1

the avg American male is 5'9" so I think you're ok. plus with all that education and money on your side you should find a mate right quick

mark clemson

I have a nice body and am physically stronger than most men. I have done world class feats of strength.

I have great intellectual curiosity. Not many guys can say they have an MBA, CFA, entrepreneur, Ivy League PhD, will be fluent in 25 languages, a great writer, computer programmer, etc

??? Really you are all this?

I think Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Jeff Bezos may be mediocre compared to you (except in the wealth dept) as they were never capable of world class feats of strength.

If all of the above is fully true, consider attempting to become a celebrity or similar. You might as well and are probably quite capable of it. Then the problem will be which of 100's of women you can actually trust.

If all of the above is fully true, you should never judge normal people as mediocre because you are unlikely to understand what it is (from your own experiences) as very few people are capable of this.

If all of the above is fully true, you should never judge normal people as mediocre because you are unlikely to understand what it is (from your own experiences) as very few people are capable of this.

I think he was just kidding around mark

This is a very interesting story, and it brings positivity to me. I know I need thicker skin to be playing this game, but if height ends up being a deal breaker... I don’t even know

l'd bite the bullet and just tell her l hadn't put my height in yet but if it matters l'm 5, 8 sooo, it's up to you.

See what she says, if it's a no go it's a no go.

Better than turning up in persona and seeing that oh nooooo, look on her face and her faking it politely until she gets outa there.

somanymistakes

If she didn't ask she's probably not super hung up on it.

It's possible she won't like you being shorter... or that she won't like you for any number of other reasons... or that she WILL like you. Who knows! Only one way to find out. Go on the date and see.

• Like 3
Or she could see the qualities I have that 99% don’t

I am very frugal and good with money, I’m better off than most people my age because of my own drive and financial education

Most guys are dumb and satisfied with mediocrity because they can’t see beyond it. Yet some petty physical trait like height gets them the nod. Even though they’re intellectually simple and relatively unambitious.

All that would often be way way too much for most women l'd say.

And often guys that seem that way to say you, can also be a lot smarter than you where it really counts too , and much more fun , and just really enjoy women and women enjoy them.

l've got two brothers like this, ones, been very happily married 30yrs , the other most would consider even a bit slow but he can get any women he wants, they love him. He's nothin much to look at, broke, he's one of the ones that just really enjoys women and they enjoy him.

Scarlett.O'hara

Height would not be a deal breaker for me, but that statement above would.

• Like 9
Height would not be a deal breaker for me' date=' but that statement above would.[/quote']

I agree, what an attitude. OP's need to appear or be superior to other men is a red flag and will be a major turnoff to potential partners..

OP, height is not going to be your biggest issue in dating.

• Like 6

There's even a few young good looking doctors here still having women troubles, no offense guys if you drop in .

• Like 1
Height would not be a deal breaker for me' date=' but that statement above would.[/quote']

Yeah l'd be thinking the same. And to even think like that op, or to be here all worried about the height thing with some woman you don't even know yet and not just clear the air with her, shows you might be intellectually clever but you don't understand people very well.

Smarts comes in all shapes and forms.

why are guys taller than 6'2" always without women? even the nerdy ones get laid regularly