Where do you draw the line between attraction and ?

Physical attraction is for obvious reasons important when two people think about spending time, be it short term or long term, with each other.

But where do you draw the line between looking healthy and attractive and working out to the point that you start looking like a model on the cover of a magazine?

Are there trends or clear differences between men's preferences and women's?

Should I seriously consider depriving myself of the occasional Kitkat bar? :lmao:

But where do you draw the line between looking healthy and attractive and working out to the point that you start looking like a model on the cover of a magazine?

Are there trends or clear differences between men's preferences and women's?

Should I seriously consider depriving myself of the occasional Kitkat bar? :lmao:

You draw the line at wherever you feel comfortable. Being fit isn't and shouldn't be a trend. Working hard to fit some sort of mould leads to anxiety and eating disorders. Life is too short to spend it worrying about sizes.

Don't go for the KitKat, go for the Snickers!

Look great for what you are born with. I love looking at myself in the mirror with recent weight loss. Not that I was super heavy. I get compliments all the time.

If you look better,knock on effect- you feel better and if you feel better- you will be more confident- knock on effect- you will be more attractive to others,

the odd kit-kat should be ok though!

Happy Lemming

In my opinion, the only person's opinion I really care about (concerning weight) is my doctor's. If he/she thinks my weight/BMI is acceptable, then that's good enough.

If someone thinks I'm too heavy to date, so be it. I'll move on to the next person.

Unless you have some problem with blood sugar or some other health issue, enjoy the occasional kit-kat bar.

I've stated before, I've dated women from 98 lbs. to 305 lbs. For me, it was more about whether I enjoyed that woman's company and had fun with her.

• Like 1
mark clemson

Think HL has a good point. Then again, if you're capable of looking a bit like a model, why wouldn't you?

Another way to look at it is - why would you bother?

I enjoy flirting/attention from women, so I bother to stay moderately attractive. I diet and work out for health specifically and I don't always bother to get my hair cut (to where it looks "best") in a timely manner. After a hair cut I tend to get a lot more looks/attention from women, temporarily. But that's me.

Is there something specific you're trying to accomplish?

• Like 1
After a hair cut I tend to get a lot more looks/attention from women,

I get more looks/attn from women when I have a 2 day beard

• Like 1
mark clemson

Yes, I think the 5 o'clock shadow look has never really gone out of style but is esp. popular right now due to the "4 Chris's" (Hemsworth, Evans, Pine, and Pratt).

Although I guess Evans went full beard for a while...

Michelle ma Belle

Let's get one thing straight - attraction is subjective. What one person thinks is physically appealing may not be another person's preference.

The second, we're not all born with lottery genes (whatever that is to you) which means many of us have to find a way to work with what we've been given, for better or worse.

The only person you need to worry about is YOU. If you're killing yourself to meet some standard set by society, you will not only be miserable for all the work and deprivation it requires, but it will be very hard to sustain long term.

Seeking approval and validation externally, especially from men, is a recipe for disaster.

By all means, take care of yourself, do what feels comfortable for you whatever that may be. When we feel good about ourselves we feel more confident and that shines through big time.

• Like 2
Curiousroxy86

logo I so feel you my friend on this post lol

I am not depriving myself of foods I enjoy and I am not going to work out hours a day everyday

but

I understand attraction is a thing. an important thing when it comes to catching the attention of someone you want. its not the only thing and there are things more important sustaining a relationship of course but it has its place of importance.

so that being said I believe in portion control and being active most of the time but I do what I enjoy doing (dancing, hiking trails, volleyball, bike at the gym). I am not ripped and im okay with that lol. I understand that there are men thats into super skinny, ripped, etc. im not it. and im okay with those guys not being in my dating pool

in terms of putting effort into looking attractive I would say do what you can AND want to do and pretty much have to not care about the rest. you have to be okay with the people who are attracted to you and be okay with people who are not or make a change and still be okay with what that outcome brings

For me. When I think about it. I seem to attract women, when I am not in a scouting vibe for romantic attention. Never when I am looking for it. When I do I don't come on too strong.

For me. When I think about it. I seem to attract women, when I am not in a scouting vibe for romantic attention. Never when I am looking for it. When I do I don't come on too strong.

this is why regular masturbation is every skirt-chaser's friend

I focus on health rather than appearance, which as Michelle points out, is subjective anyway.

If I'm in shape for my age, healthy body weight and good overall fitness, that's enough for me. And none of the above requires I eat like a monk or train like a triathlete. Moderation in all things...

Mr. Lucky

loversquarrel

Dont make the same mistake I did, after a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep and torn pectoral muscle all before the age of 42 it dawned on me to ask myself...what is it that I'm trying to achieve at this point in my life?

The surgery and recovery time for each injury will force you to stop for a while, so it's better off to slow down and think what it is you want. I have discovered the hard way that most women are very turned on by an athletic look, more so than the ripped up body builder image. Done get me wrong, my wife really liked the look but if not for my personality my body at the time intimidated her.