Wife wants to be free spirited lol

Ok my wife and I had a conversation the other day and she feels as she wants to basically do spring break Cancun shenanigans. She says she wants to go to a nude beach or new Orleans and flash for beads so on and so forth. Granted we are 34 and 37, have 4 boys ranging from 2 to 15 and have been married 8 yrs. I've done the spring break when in college but i just think that the time has passed to be going wild now. How would u guys react

CautiouslyOptimistic
This is what today's women want to do. So get ready.:p

That is not true. :rolleyes:

OP, does your wife want you to go with her?

• Like 3
Happy Lemming

In my opinion, the time to do your "shenanigans" is before you are a wife and mother, not after.

I dated one woman with an adult daughter. She had the child when she was very young and missed out on all of the "shenanigans" you do when you are 20-something.

Then as she is closing in on 40, she wanted to start acting like she was in her early 20's. It was stupid and pathetic, and I told her so.

In conclusion, you can't go back... once your youth is over, its over.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

Oh hell, what she's talking about isn't that nuts. As long as the nekkid beach or flashing-for-beads includes you, what the hell?

I don't think I'd want to turn it into a lifestyle, but every once in a while? Why not?

• Like 3

Does she want to take you with her? If not....

Well, ya got trouble, my friend, right here

I say, trouble right here in River City

• Like 1
somanymistakes

I disagree that once your youth is over, it's over. People can still have fun. Some older people really love toys or model trains or whatever, you don't become not a person anymore just because you're older and have kids.

Telling people that they're not allowed to have feelings anymore is one thing that leads to a lot of "mid life crisis" divorces, because they feel like they have no choice but to bail out of the relationship in order to be themselves again.

HOWEVER now that you're a parent you also have to consider the well-being of your kids. If she wants to go run around wildly for a week, what will the kids do? Certainly can't take them with her on her topless run. There's also the security issues to consider. If you go flash your boobs in New Orleans, how likely is that to wind up on the internet embarrassing them?

So basically if she wants to have some fun, great, but she needs to consider other people's feelings too. So maybe find a SMALLER sort of fun to have?

• Like 1
In my opinion, the time to do your "shenanigans" is before you are a wife and mother, not after.

I dated one woman with an adult daughter. She had the child when she was very young and missed out on all of the "shenanigans" you do when you are 20-something.

Then as she is closing in on 40, she wanted to start acting like she was in her early 20's. It was stupid and pathetic, and I told her so.

Disagreeing with you,

sure 40 can be as young as 20 nowadays,

OP get in the spirit go for it.

Happy Lemming
If you go flash your boobs in New Orleans, how likely is that to wind up on the internet embarrassing them?

And she is at the next PTA meeting and some guy is the back is passing his phone around, saying "I knew she looked familiar, hey guys check this out"

Flashing your boobs for beads... the whole thing sounds classless (in my opinion)

• Like 3

If she is 34, then she had her first child at 18-19, and has spent the last 15 years raising kids...

She totally missed out on her youth.

I guess trouble ahead.

• Like 5

Is she the 34yo or the 37yo? If she's the 34yo, I doubt she would've been able to do that in college while pregnant...

Ok my wife and I had a conversation the other day and she feels as she wants to basically do spring break Cancun shenanigans. She says she wants to go to a nude beach or new Orleans and flash for beads so on and so forth. Granted we are 34 and 37, have 4 boys ranging from 2 to 15 and have been married 8 yrs. I've done the spring break when in college but i just think that the time has passed to be going wild now. How would u guys react

My husband and I used to go to Cancun for shenanigans so I vote, yes, do it.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Yeah I think she wants me to join her.

Hey, if a mom of four feels confident enough in her body to go to a nude beach, and wants you to go with her, do it. Book an all-inclusive trip for just the two of you and live it up! :)

• Like 1
Kitty Tantrum
Does she want to take you with her? If not....

Well, ya got trouble, my friend, right here

I say, trouble right here in River City

Trouble with a capital "T," that rhymes with "B," and that stands for... Boobs? :D

Michelle ma Belle

You "think"??

I'm 50 and am very spirited myself no thanks to having been a "good Catholic girl" in my youth and married young.

Although I personally wouldn't find flashing my breasts at Mardi Gras a milestone I feel like I missed out on in my youth, I understand the want and need to have some fun and express oneself in whatever ways feel comfortable after raising children and being married for a long while.

But...

I think it's one thing if she wants to do this with her girlfriends and another thing if she wants to experience this with YOU.

Establish this straight on before worrying if it's appropriate or not.

If she wants to do this with you, you need to give your head a shake as many hubbies would love to have a wife who wants to come out of their shells like this. Too many complain about how shut-down their partners are.

Embrace it and get your freak on!!

• Like 3

It must have been a brief conversation if you just "think" she intended you were a part of this. It would be a good idea to revisit the conversation and gain some other details you may have missed or not spoken of.

Will this be a one-time fantasy fulfilled or just a prelude to more creative adventures? You are the best judge of that. If you agree, she may take that as tacit approval for other activities down the road. It's best to draw the line now.

Hope it ends up well for you.

• Like 1
Embrace it and get your freak on!!

Agreed, my wife and I went to a clothing optional beach when she was in her late 30's, more a bucket list thing for her than a lifestyle change. She got topless, I let it all hang out. Don't knock nude Frisbee until you've tried it.

It was fun and relaxing, nothing more. I'd certainly go, just pack plenty of sunscreen :cool: ...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
Agreed, my wife and I went to a clothing optional beach when she was in her late 30's, more a bucket list thing for her than a lifestyle change. She got topless, I let it all hang out. Don't knock nude Frisbee until you've tried it.

It was fun and relaxing, nothing more. I'd certainly go, just pack plenty of sunscreen :cool: ...

Mr. Lucky

Yeah, not sure why everyone thinks nudist beaches are all about sex. AFAIK in most of the public ones, you still can't (and shouldn't) have sex.

The main reason I don't want to go to a nudist beach is because I don't want to see the other naked people... :laugh:

The main reason I don't want to go to a nudist beach is because I don't want to see the other naked people... :laugh:

And trust me, your concerns are well-founded. It was more geriatric than supermodel...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
And trust me, your concerns are well-founded. It was more geriatric than supermodel...

Also my experience in Europe. Why is it that the people who want to be naked are often the ones who really should cover up... ;)

I think you should pay close attention . . . she is telling you that things are stagnating for her and she is feeling closed in, etc. She needs a little excitement and romance in her life. And, she's bringing it to you and wanting you to be part of it. You two are still young. You don't have to go ape-sh*t crazy, but let your hair down a little.

Don't be the guy that says, "I never saw it coming . . . " You may be getting a heads up here . . .

You should set a trip up for the two of you to surprise her because in a few years she may be starting a thread titled: "All of a sudden he wants to buy a Porsche and is dying his hair. LOL"

Edited by Redhead14
BettyDraper

I agree. This is true for both sexes.

Happy Lemming
I agree. This is true for both sexes.

Yes... both sexes. 100% Agree!

I played in my 20's and when I hit my 40's those "Wild & Crazy Days" were over and long gone.

I'm glad I had them, but I wouldn't want to go back and re-do those things as a middle aged man.