What men need to be like to succeed in dating/relationships

1. Must be able to read women’s nonverbal cues. There’s a reason Asperger men marry less than 1% of the time with most of those failing.

2. Must be fit

3. Must have a sense of humor

4. Must be fun

5. Must be good in bed and a good kisser

I'll add a few:

- must confident

- must be financially secure. That doesn't mean rich. That just means secure.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1

Can't be sitting there with his thumb up his butt because he can't figure out why the toilet isn't flushing. To me he's useless, a toss back to the sea matey.

• Like 1
somanymistakes
1. Must be able to read women’s nonverbal cues. There’s a reason Asperger men marry less than 1% of the time with most of those failing.

And where are you getting that number from?

According to my searches, Even if you include the entire range of autism, including people way worse off than the mild aspergers cases, about 10% marry. Of course, no one keeps precise records on this, so it's all extrapolating from smaller studies.

I see a different study claiming only 5% marry but that was ONLY extreme autism cases, it was from a small study in Utah in the 80s which was before Apsergers even existed as a diagnosis in the English-speaking world.

Realistically I don't think we have solid information on this subject at all. No one seems to be seriously studying it. However, I am extremely doubtful of your <1% idea.

2. Must be fit

An awful lot of non-fit men still find love :laugh:

4. Must be fun

Don't know about requirements, but those are probably good traits to have!

• Like 1

2. Must be fit

4. Must be fun

Also going to disagree on the Asperger's. Many of us are "sigma" type lone wolves. We will let you all think you get the women, until we see one that is actually worth OUR time. Then there is no competition.

2. Must be fit

4. Must be fun

I think I satisfy these requirements!

Number 1-this probably be the one I may have found the most challenging (not that I have aspergers or anything!!)

most important of all perhaps "must be able to put a woman at ease"

The only thing you need to be successful as a man is to find the right girl. You can be overweight, broke, not confident, whatever. If you find the right girl, she might just be your match. There is a match out there for pretty much everyone.

Agree-good post

Indeed. Be the best version of yourself that you can be and hopefully, the right woman will come along...

• Like 1
There is a match out there for pretty much everyone.

I agree...the problem is finding them enigma32

Can't be sitting there with his thumb up his butt because he can't figure out why the toilet isn't flushing. To me he's useless, a toss back to the sea matey.

lol...that's funny...but your right... he needs to be able to fix all my household problems. :p:lmao:;)

I might not know how to fix a toilet but I can lay some pipe.

Sorry but I need both.:laugh:

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
Sorry but I need both.:laugh:

I just changed the tank on my toilet from a 1.6 gallon/flush to a 1.2 gallon/flush, does that count??

I mean it wasn't broke, but now it uses less water each flush!! :bunny:

• Like 2
I just changed the tank on my toilet from a 1.6 gallon/flush to a 1.2 gallon/flush, does that count??

I mean it wasn't broke, but now it uses less water each flush!! :bunny:

in the future fresh water will replace oil

Happy Lemming
Not so good with cars, though. I am learning a little about them but I hate working on them.

I like working on cars, but dislike trying to figure out the emission error codes.

I see P0420 error codes in my sleep. Just fixed one on my work truck, damn downstream oxygen sensor!!

Happy Lemming
When I have to troubleshoot, I go on truck forums or youtube to get my answers.

Yes... My catalytic converter was starting to "rattle" which indicates its rusted, broke up inside and not long for the world. I wanted to get it off and install a new one before the truck threw a code. Traditionally, when I replace a cat, I replace the downstream oxygen sensor, which is what I did. This time the new O2 sensor was defective (out of the box) which caused the truck to immediately throw a code, thus additional work and angst.

For some reason, I also have a devil of a time getting all of the emission monitors to reset to ready on this truck, especially the "EVAP" monitor.

A mechanic told me some O2 sensors have a shelf life so if you buy one and leave it on the shelf you may as well toss it out after 6 months. Also some vehicles need a computer reset more than once when you start monkeying around with things...I know my truck does....because it old lol.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
A mechanic told me some O2 sensors have a shelf life so if you buy one and leave it on the shelf you may as well toss it out after 6 months.

I didn't know that... Thanks!!

I did buy that particular O2 sensor off of ebay, (trying to save a few bucks) so it probably was "old stock". Lesson learned, will buy my O2 sensors, locally from now on.

• Like 1

Fascinating discourse on automotive mechanics but let's get back to what men need to be like as romantic and sexual partners to succeed in relationships. I doubt competent auto mechanic is a universal prerequisite. ;)

• Like 2

Non verbal cues are helpful but if you and your partner/potential partner are good at communicating verbally then you can still succeed. Those of us without autism are not automatically geniuses at reading body language or mind reading. It's not some super power. It's quite tricky! So being able to put your feelings into words will help.

Seems more current thinking is that those on the spectrum can read body language, especially body language that doesn't require eye contact.

It is the bit about acting accordingly in response to another's emotions that they can struggle with.

Also they have difficulty understanding why a person may be feeling that way.