Hello All!

I'm currently seeking some advice from an incident last night with my "girlfriend" Me and this girl have been dealing with each other for roughly two years. I'm not ready to settle down and she is well aware of that and continues to be with me.

Anyways, I had a bachelor party last night and got wild! Drank way too much to where I was blacked out. I ended up drunk dialing her and she came to where I was. Something was off or I was too drunk because I wasn't really that excited to see her like I thought I would be. Side Note: (I was mad from the previous night with her because I asked if she could pick me up at the end of the night. Her response was she had already made plans and was too busy to. she said if i was out with my friends she should be out with hers. That made me angry because there have been multiple times where I went out of my way to go pick her up at the end of the night. To see how she wouldn't do the same for me did upset me!)

From what I can remember I guess I was being a little annoying like most drunks are. I might have said some inappropriate thing to her friends and about other women, but I don't remember any of that. We had walked to get food and she had walked away from me with her friends. After I ordered food I walk up to her and shes pretty much saying get away from her. All I remember is throwing my food at her and walking off.

I'm torn on if I should call and apologize or just let things unfold. If I'm being honest this isn't a girl I'm going to marry. I have feelings for her, but I feel our interests, and goals in life do not match. I feel that im there for her, but she isn't there for me. Whether we break up or not I'm still willing to apologize. I do felt she deserved that treatment, but I don't think it was right of me to embarrass her like that. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I feel our interests, and goals in life do not match.

Does that mean she’s not interested in food fights?

What would be the purpose of making up with her? You seem to share little, including real affection and consideration for each other. Time to move on...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
I might have said some inappropriate thing to her friends and about other women, but I don't remember any of that.

Yeah sure!!!

Leave her alone, you don't want a relationship with her.

You sound not ready to have a real relationship, so just move on, stop torturing her.

somanymistakes
Hello All!

I'm torn on if I should call and apologize or just let things unfold. If I'm being honest this isn't a girl I'm going to marry. I have feelings for her, but I feel our interests, and goals in life do not match. I feel that im there for her, but she isn't there for me. Whether we break up or not I'm still willing to apologize. I do felt she deserved that treatment, but I don't think it was right of me to embarrass her like that. Any thoughts or recommendations?

If you're sure that this girl is not the girl for you, but also that you acted like kind of a drunk jerk last night, then call her up, apologise for your behavior, and break up with her.

It's better for both of you to move on.

If you end it politely, like a gentleman, then you do both of you a favor. After all, if you get a reputation for being a jerk, that may poison your chances with the right girl in the future.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

You sound like a pretty dreadful boyfriend. Yeah, you should apologize and then offer to let her break up with you and find someone who respects her.

You have made it clear that you don't want to be her BF. You got pi$$ drunk at a bachelor party. Then you expect her to drop everything & cart your sorry butt home. This is all after a fight the day before so you weren't exactly her favorite person to begin with. Yet, she comes. You are not functioning well & concede you are probably an obnoxious drunk who made rude statements to her friends & about other women.

Good God, Man. Of course you owe her an apology. You have basically been using her for 2 years. She probably thinks eventually you will come around. If you have no intention of doing that apologize for last night then cut her lose so she can be free to find a man who does think the world of her.

• Like 2
I'm not ready to settle down and she is well aware of that and continues to be with me.

On one hand, I have little compassion for her because she is complicit in her own misery. On the other hand, it's clear she wants you to be her boyfriend and is stringing herself along and you know it, yet, you are taking advantage of that. Man up and break this off clean -- and apologize too.

• Like 1

This is the kind of guy who posts on here after his gf eventually leaves due to being treated badly. She says adios and finds a new guy pretty quickly...

He is heartbroken and cannot get over it, he will change, he will never take her for granted again, he is oh so sorry, she was the love of his life... he wants her back.

She says "Sorry mate, too little, too late..."

• Like 2

Regardless of how drunk you are, you are responsible for your actions.

If you don't want to be seen as an ass, but you act like an ass when you drink too much, you need to be more careful of how much you drink - otherwise (drumroll) you will be an ass.

Apologize and dump her - bc really what is the point in this relationship? Then move onward and upward.

• Like 1
Curiousroxy86
Hello All!

I'm currently seeking some advice from an incident last night with my "girlfriend" Me and this girl have been dealing with each other for roughly two years. I'm not ready to settle down and she is well aware of that and continues to be with me.

I'm torn on if I should call and apologize or just let things unfold. If I'm being honest this isn't a girl I'm going to marry.

Ladies this is why you don’t ignore red flags, have boundaries, and a time line with men. They can and will waste your time if you let them.

Op Yes apologize

And if you know she wants to eventually be married then breakup with her

If you know you don’t want to spend the rest of your life with her then breakup with her

I dont understand the uproar, we hear this post from women here all the time.

Yes he was drunk and inappropriate, but why? His reasons for not feeling she is a keeper are valid. He drops everything to do for her so it's not really unreasonable to have that same expectation from her, or is it? He says he cares about her but realizes they are not compatible long term. As I said, we hear this from women here every day, but coming from a man makes him horrible?

With that being said, OP I think you need to apologize, more importantly you need to define what you expect from this relationship and see if you two are on the same page. If you aren't, then maybe you should end it with her.

• Like 1

"the truth comes out when you are drunk"

think that certainly applies here it confirms the gut feeling that was brewing that you not a compatible pair,

Agree I would apologise but end the relationship and move on.

I should think she's had enough. I doubt if an apology would be enough. You got raving drunk, presumably were rude to someone, and you threw your food at her. I guess if you can write, you are not a toddler, but it sounds like you behaved like one.

You don't seem to want commitment with her so I would guess she was pulling away anyway. It only takes something like this to be the final straw!