Happiest moment in relationship(s)?

Wanted to have a little breath of fresh air and happiness, so I'm starting this thread. What's everyone's happiest moment(s) in a relationship?

I think mine was during a night imbued with wine, and my boyfriend told me that I'm perfect for him, I don't have to try to do anything at all to be good enough, that I'm more than enough.

It was such a relief and I felt so happy to be enough, to not have to keep trying to be better, every moment of every day.

my happiest moments are when I decide to extricate myself from the relationship

• Like 2
LivingWaterPlease

Too many happiest moments to name or even recall...truly.

alphamale! Your R's can't have been that unpleasant?

major_merrick

My happiest moments happen in bed. And not just like THAT. I like curling up with the ones I love in my cozy den. It is the place where I'm most relaxed, especially if I get to sleep during the day. I keep the AC in our bedroom turned very cold - mostly so I can have an excuse to get super close to my partners. I like it when my husband wraps me up in soft stuff and cuddles me. I like it when my GF#1 comes in and leaps onto the bed like she's still a kid - even though she's almost 30.

• Like 1
my happiest moments are when I decide to extricate myself from the relationship

It's like the old joke about owning a boat. Your two happiest days are when you buy it - and when you sell it...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

I have a happy moment with my bf every single day since I met him almost 4 years ago. I have laughed every day since I met him. He tells me often I am the love of his life and he's definitely the love of mine.

• Like 2
Happy Lemming

I can say one of my happiest moments dating was when I planned a first date (at a new large aquarium building - day date) and everything went well. She was fairly new to the area and had not been to this attraction.

At the end of the date, the woman told me it was the best "first date" she had ever been on. She appreciated the planning, getting the tickets in advance, etc.

It was nice to hear that this woman expressed (to me) that she had a really good time. So that made me happy!

2.50 a gallon

Many decades ago, I was in my late 20's. For me it was love at first sight. For her I was too old 27 to her 21), too poor (I am a blue jeans and T-Shirt guy and she liked her men to wear business suits) and too white (She was Hispanic). Over the next 3 months she rejected my asking her out a half dozen times. Then one day I got an extra day off in the middle of the work week and decided to use it fishing at the local river.

I was shocked when she said yes to my asking her if she wanted to go fishing with me the next morning. The truth was she had never been fishing and wanted to try it and had heard I was good at fishing. Also she had never been to the river and last but not least she had a big date planned for that weekend and figured this was a good way to work on her tan.

She had lots of fun and caught her first fish. Which led to her coming over to my place to cook and eat her fish, with a bottle of wine.

I took her home around midnight, after she took a shower. And was quite happy knowing I would definitely be getting a second date.

But the happiest moment was the next day when I answered a knock at my door to find that she had broken her date with the other guy and her standing there with a pizza in hand and wanting a repeat of last night between the sheets fun.

We eventually got engaged but alas the "too white" beat us as her older sister did not want her to marry a gringo and eventually broke us up.

Kitty Tantrum

I told him I was boring, and instead of saying "no you're not!" (which is what most people do, and then expect me to live up to their delusional perception that I'm somehow interesting or exciting), he just said "I know. It's okay." :love:

We eventually got engaged but alas the "too white" beat us as her older sister did not want her to marry a gringo and eventually broke us up.

a lot of parents/families don't want their white bread daughters/sisters to marry a brown man whose family hails from India

The Outlaw

I think mine is simply not having one. Less drama that way, and any type of relationship I've ever had with the opposite sex always fails for absolutely no reason. So far, they've all been flakes.

Some of my happiest moments weren't really "in a relationship." They were just romantic points in time with different people, but one especially. Magic moments. My old flame, we never really dated conventionally, much less serious relationship, but nearly every time I saw him was memorable and special, and I think the way he was ruined me for a lot of less spectacular guys. Watching each other dance with other people over their shoulders, him coming up and getting right in my space when he thought I was with someone I actually just worked with and was friends with, even though he had a date there. Ballsy stuff. He'd stop anything with anyone to come over and kiss me on the hand. Running into him 20 miles from the city and dancing together there. He was just special. I wasn't exactly his type, but he never really hurt me or made me feel bad.

Just kissing him the first time was the best sex I ever had. He wasn't even good at sex, though, but it didn't matter.

• Like 2
BloodRedRose

Me and my boyfriend were traveling across India and our plane has experienced engine failure during climb on our flight from Delhi. It was the scariest moment in my life, there were flames coming from the back and people screamed. Why am I posting this in a "happiest moment in relationships"? Because we got of that plane after it returned back to Delhi and landed safely, and felt like life has gotten new colors, that we are happy to be alive, happy to be together and in each others arms. That was something extraordinary, it made our bond so strong and it still is.

• Like 2
Me and my boyfriend were traveling across India and our plane has experienced engine failure during climb on our flight from Delhi. It was the scariest moment in my life, there were flames coming from the back and people screamed. Why am I posting this in a "happiest moment in relationships"? Because we got of that plane after it returned back to Delhi and landed safely, and felt like life has gotten new colors, that we are happy to be alive, happy to be together and in each others arms. That was something extraordinary, it made our bond so strong and it still is.

a scary event like that will make a couple more attracted to each other

Eternal Sunshine

By far, the relationship ending.

I always feel a huge sense of relief. As a bonus, I get a lot of sympathy from everyone because apparently humans are supposed to be sad when a relationship ends.

• Like 1

Can I share two,

Number one- I was an awkward teenager around girls anyway- did not really happen for me at college either but then I got chatting to this girl in my fourth year,

we then got close on a class night out, she put her arm around me and we kissed and I lost my virginity that night (lol 21 -it was magic for me because I was so awkward with girls, we were together for nearly a year and good memories)

Number two-(13 years later- the Mexican of course- we spent a full day together on my birthday and she surprised me with birthday cake after dinner- we shared a kiss that night and it was a brief but magic moment with the one woman that I have ever truly loved.

Four years later- present-whats next??

• Like 1
By far, the relationship ending.

I always feel a huge sense of relief. As a bonus, I get a lot of sympathy from everyone because apparently humans are supposed to be sad when a relationship ends.

:lmao:

Classic.

Probably laughing at something we find highly amusing or funny. Especially when it's one of our dogs due to the dog being extremely vocal in a hilarious way.

I also really liked when during sex at the start he mentioned he had never felt anything like it before feeling wise.

I never wanted to be the girl who he felt less for compared to the girl he felt more into sexually. The safer option to the girl he felt more intense feelings for. The girl he fell for slowly compared to the girl he fell head over heels for instantly.

Also I liked how after sleeping over the first time or so how he mentioned that he was surprised at how much he was liking me at such a fast pace.

Also laying with him in the early first dates and knowing he wanted to tell me he loved me yet refraining for a "more acceptable timeframe"

This is one relationship that I have got so much from irrespective of what happens in the future.

• Like 1