Is there such a thing when guys decide type of girl to date/have a one night stand?

greenlights0000

Is there such a thing when guys look at a girl and in their back of their minds they decide they want to date the girl or just have a one night stand with her? Like what would be a deciding factor on a one night stand with a girl? If the guy thinks the girl is really hot? Or if the guy just isn’t looking for anything serious? Okay, so this is what it boils down to?

A) girl is attractive and has personality -guy wants to date

B) girl is attractive- but doesn’t bring much to the table, one night stand

There would be as many different reasons as there are men on the planet. And one man's reason one year may not be the same reason the next year.

• Like 1

A) girl is attractive and has personality -guy wants to date

B) girl is attractive- but doesn’t bring much to the table, one night stand

What happened to:

C) girl is attractive - guy wants to get to know her before any decision made?

What you're suggesting is the in-person version of swipe left/right. Not sure why you'd rely on snap judgments...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

D) Girl is average looking but has such an engaging personality that he's sucked in for the long haul. (look around you, it happens in real life)

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
And one man's reason one year may not be the same reason the next year.

100% True... things I did in my youth, I don't do now.

But I'll answer the OP's question as if we are talking about a youthful man, if the woman was attractive and the sex was good, I'm coming back for seconds, thirds, and so on and so on. If we seem compatible and like each other's company then a relationship would have developed.

If the woman was attractive, but the sex was vanilla or she had too many rules in bed. You can't do this or you can't do that or just laid there like a limp dish rag, then I'm going to "one night stand" her and never call her again.

Just my two cents...

Well in my opinion it usually goes more like this...

E) girl will go home with him and have sex right now.

Seriously, when a guy is out for a ONS it usually comes down to this. As for afterwards I agree with Enigma

• Like 2
Most men want one thing, we want to find a girl we can be proud of. So, IMO, it goes more like this...

A) Girl we can be proud of---->relationship material.

B) Girl we cannot be proud of--->one night stand or FWB only.

Well in my opinion it usually goes more like this...

E) girl will go home with him and have sex right now.

Seriously, when a guy is out for a ONS it usually comes down to this. As for afterwards I agree with Enigma

This is what I have heard too.

I doubt it has anything to do with looks. Behavior might be a factor but to meet it always looked more like

c). girl is there & willing.

• Like 1
loversquarrel

I think you need to rephrase your question by asking if there is a difference for guys between a woman they would date vs one that he would marry. The same thing kind of applies to women, you know Mr. Right vs Mr. Right now.

stillafool

Well when I asked my brothers this years ago they said:

Relationship girl: A pretty girl who is smart, kind and faithful.

One Night Stand: Average or below, sexy, and uninhibited.

I do think it has a lot to do with looks. There are plenty of women men will have sex with but aren't all that attracted to.

Veronica73
Other men look up to you.

This is something I truly don’t understand. I know it is true. But I don’t get it. To actually care what other men think of you to that degree...it comes off as a real pussy move.

Women do it too, over looks, job, money, class, education, "potential"...

What other people think is important, what other women think is important.

"Do I want to be seen dating that tall good looking guy with a great job or that short, ugly, unemployed loser?"

I guess it depends on the demographic and individual taste, but most women I guess would prefer to show the former off to the world and to other women they know.

I think the notion of being "proud of" or "not being proud of" as a yardstick is pretty good, as it allows for many variables as to why a person may be proud of a potential partner, I guess it also applies to how women categorise men too.

The loss of that "pride" may be why some relationships fail,

"I was very proud of him/her. Now, not so much, time to get a new one..."

Curiousroxy86

if we are talking about first meeting...

a guy could one night stand a girl they are not physically attracted to AND a girl they are physically attracted to. I think if the guy wants that type of hook up and a girl is down (proactively or reactively) then its going down lol

if a guy is in the mindset of wanting a relationship at the time he meets a girl he would go after/try to get to know/date the girl he is attracted to...

if a guy is the type that he is down for both....he wants a relationship but is still open to one night stands...then he could have sex with any girl thats open but choose to get to know the girl he is attracted to. sometimes its the girl he is attracted to that he had a one night stand with if he is not the judgmental type (alot of guys are) and sometimes its an attractive girl he decided to date and not one night stand or he might have tried but she enforced a boundary. but attraction has to be there

so the factor on how a guy choose to date for a relationship off of first meeting is a) is he himself open to the idea of a relationship or at the least interested in a little more than a one night stand at the time he sees the girl

b) is he attracted to the girl

and of course as he gets to know her after first meeting her whether thats a few hours or a few months he can determine if he is still interested to the possibilities of a relationship or not. attraction only get you in the door.

for the guy who has just sex on his mind when he first meets a girl could one night stand any girl whether attracted or not but he could change his mind and decide that he is interested in a relationship in general at anytime. not the girls job to try to change his mind imo but his desires for just sex or wanting a relationship can change. its up to him. and if there is a attractive girl he is already banging that he just so happen to like other things besides just sex he may pursue that with her or another girl that he decided not to one night

but I do think many women should understand that it really does matter the mind frame a guy is in at any given moment of time and of course if he finds you attractive enough at the beginning

hopefully that makes sense

• Like 1