OMG...i'm at a loss for words...please please help

ok so as u all know, my bf is out of town...

we know each other's email passwords, and today out of extreme boredom i decided to check it...

he has been emailing this one girl, who lives out of the country...there's only about 8 or so, and most of them are from when we haven't been dating yet/or when we first started dating (a year ago)....they supposedly exchanged pics from when she visited (they met when she came to his church when she was in the States), and she was emailing him saying how her friends think he is so cute, that they should write each other letters, that they miss hanging out with each other...always ended their emails with "love," and sometimes the girl wrote "mwah mwah"...

and here's the weirdest part. There's like this half cousin that he has that lives in CA, she is a few years older than us, and they've only met once or twice....he's emailed her saying stuff like "i felt like we had a connection, i miss you, i love you cousin.." then he wrote one to her right before he left for CA saying things like "here's my #, please give me a call, i would really like to see you i really really miss you and ended it with i love u or love always....

um.

isn't this a bit odd?

LucreziaBorgia

The first one I wouldn't worry so much about. It was before your time.

The second one... well, you can worry yourself to death about it and it won't make a bit of difference in the here and now. When your b/f gets to town just ask him about the email. Do not be confrontational, angry or hysterical/crying about it. You want him to talk to you about it, not defend himself against your approach.

• Author
Originally posted by LucreziaBorgia

The first one I wouldn't worry so much about. It was before your time.

The second one... well, you can worry yourself to death about it and it won't make a bit of difference in the here and now. When your b/f gets to town just ask him about the email. Do not be confrontational, angry or hysterical/crying about it. You want him to talk to you about it, not defend himself against your approach.

i'm actually more worried about the first one b/c she has a blog online that he leaves comments on...i'm less worried about the second one because it's his freaking COUSIN...

i don't want him to know i reaad his email. I am kinda mad at myself for it, cuz now I am upset because I did something that I really shouldn't have, and now this is kinda like my punishment, when there is most likely nothing going on. i don't really want to say anything until for some reason i have solid proof evidence that shows me is doing something wrong...

thanks lucrezia...u always have really good advice, i really appreciate it :) i'm sick of asking my friends...they're just like "oh, dump him, and be single like us"

I wouldn't look too much into it just yet.. is he stupid enough to be sending less than innocent emails when he knows ou have his password, and can check his info out anytime?

You have a habit of worrying about things don't you? I don't think you have to worry about the first one or the second one. You can worry about what motivated you to check his email. IMHO it could be a result of some fear you have regarding you, him and the relationship. Not that it's a deal breaker but it's worth having a look at why you are experiencing this fear/insecurity that requires you to look at his email. Do you feel like you're losing control of your life, the relationship or him?

Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong.

candy candy candy

craig. just wondering how could it be fear of losing control of her life by checking his emails? would it be the other way around? fear of losing control of his life? trying to control?