What Shall I Do Now?

So I met this girl on the train on the way back from a football(soccer) away game in Nottingham in early March.

Me and my mate where drunk and had a good laugh with a few people on the train. Especially this one girl.

We added each on Facebook and chatted each day.

Me and my mate went to another football away match on Saturday and we agreed to meet her and friends in the pub before the match and a good laugh.

After the game, we went to the pub until our train was due. We got our train home and sat next to each other. She kept resting my head on my shoulder and holding my hand and put her phone number into my phone.

She asked me if I liked her and I panicked and said no, she's too young(She's 20 and I'm 31).

But I do have a crush on her. Although the age gap does worry me.

She's now stopped messaging me. I've not heard from her since Saturday night.

I'm not sure what to do now? I don't want her to think I'm playing games.

Not sure of your question.

If you're not playing games, no means no, right?

Why would it be surprising she's not messaging you?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

I mean, you said no, so she's doing the right thing and not pestering her. Why do you care if you don't like her? I mean, you said you have a crush, but what are you wanting, for her to sleep with you but not ask for more or something? Did you just mean you wouldn't take her seriously? Or she's too young to even mess with? You can't have it both ways. At her age, if you agree to see her at all, she's not going to understand the fine points. She's going to assume you want to be her bf.

mark clemson

I think you should do exactly what you're doing and let her go. You correctly recognized that 20 is just too young. Look for a true peer and move on...

Assuming you still have her # in your phone, call her up & ask her on a date. Do tell her that you only said "no" that you didn't like her because you are worried about the age gap.

mark clemson

Yes, if that's really how you feel, then go ahead and call per Donnivain. Keep in mind that the age difference might make long term compatibility difficult.

Simple Logic
So I met this girl on the train on the way back from a football(soccer) away game in Nottingham in early March.

Me and my mate where drunk and had a good laugh with a few people on the train. Especially this one girl.

We added each on Facebook and chatted each day.

Me and my mate went to another football away match on Saturday and we agreed to meet her and friends in the pub before the match and a good laugh.

After the game, we went to the pub until our train was due. We got our train home and sat next to each other. She kept resting my head on my shoulder and holding my hand and put her phone number into my phone.

She asked me if I liked her and I panicked and said no, she's too young(She's 20 and I'm 31).

But I do have a crush on her. Although the age gap does worry me.

She's now stopped messaging me. I've not heard from her since Saturday night.

She ask, you told her you weren’t interested. Game is over.

• Like 1
  • Author

I do like her. A lot.

I'd like to date her and see where it goes.

I'm just a bottle job with women. I panic when one shows a interest in me.

I'm just a bottle job with women. I panic when one shows a interest in me.

Then you need all the practice you can get. Call her up, see what happens...

Mr. Lucky

I got scared :-(

Are you sure you're 31?? Apart from that though, a 20-year old girl is a little young for a 31 year old man. It'll be a little funky for a much older guy to date a young woman who isn't even of drinking age yet.

Some things are just not meant to be and you blurted out "no" for all the right reasons actually. She is too young, she is at a different life stage and no doubt like what usually happens, you will fall in love and she will one day fly away to get on with her own life, and leave you heartbroken...

• Author
Are you sure you're 31?? Apart from that though, a 20-year old girl is a little young for a 31 year old man. It'll be a little funky for a much older guy to date a young woman who isn't even of drinking age yet.

I'd had a lot to drink and I was tired.

The drinking age in the UK is 18.

I didn't plan to like someone younger. It just happened.

Lol guys do this all the time. Panic, I mean. Then come backpeddling.

Really, you have no choice now but to go back to her and backpeddle. Tell her you thought about it and realized that you do like her. It will up to her whether she wants to deal with you anymore, but it's the only shot you have.

• Author
Lol guys do this all the time. Panic, I mean. Then come backpeddling.

Really, you have no choice now but to go back to her and backpeddle. Tell her you thought about it and realized that you do like her. It will up to her whether she wants to deal with you anymore, but it's the only shot you have.

If I'd of been sober I'd of dealt with differently.

She has hinted in previous messages. She has been hurt in the past.

If I'd of been sober I'd of dealt with differently.

She has hinted in previous messages. She has been hurt in the past.

You can go with that and hopefully she'll buy it.

Thats a big age gap...

Not just in sheer number of years, but from someone 31 to another barely out of high school. Yikes.

Delete her number and move on, it'll be a bullet dodged.

• Author

After sending it on Monday night, she finally 'read' it tonight at 7:30pm.

It feels like wrecked another chance with a girl :icon_sad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
TheCasual

I've not really spoke to her in the last few weeks.

But still like her.

Thinking of just sending her a message and totally honest with.