Just had a melt down...

• Author
Springsummer

Free counseling provided by employment in person and/or over the phone are useless

The one to one counselor basically just wanted to kick me out after knowing that I am not gonna kill myself and that I can sleep well and eat and not too depressed all the time. She is too busy. Over the phone anonymous counselling want to get rid of me asap as well. so now, I don't even bother to call. useless.

Happy Lemming

Yes... I remember the last time you tried to call them. It wasn't very much help.

I can't say I've had a meltdown, recently. Back in 2002, my long term girlfriend passed away unexpectedly. I did (indeed) meltdown and kind of stayed pretty messed up for about 6 months. Yea, I was a disaster.

So what triggered your meltdown?? Do you want to talk (post) about it??

• Author
Springsummer
Yes... I remember the last time you tried to call them. It wasn't very much help.

I can't say I've had a meltdown, recently. Back in 2002, my long term girlfriend passed away unexpectedly. I did (indeed) meltdown and kind of stayed pretty messed up for about 6 months. Yea, I was a disaster.

So what triggered your meltdown?? Do you want to talk (post) about it??

Sorry to hear that:(

mine seems trivial I guess. mother kept nagging me after I came back from work. she is a nagger that can't stop mumbling. ran out to get some food. chose the 1-5 items lane checkout because it was empty and no lineup, but got told off because I had 8. My unhappiness built up...what the hell? she just stand there and do nothing while other lanes were all busy? just because I had more than 5?

then when to costco to refill my ink. got into a confrontation with the door man...he asked me to show membership which I had to turn my wallet upside down to find it, so I flashed my card in front of his face to make sure he sees it and he said he want to hit me or something...how annoying is the stupid practice?

I guess, deep down I was pissed and deeply unhappy with my standstill personal life.

Happy Lemming

You had quite a day. I've been there when nothing really seemed to want to go right.

As far as Costco, dump them... Join Sam's Club or some other Big Box store (depending on where you live). Same with the rude grocery store checkout lady; I don't frequent stores that treat me poorly (even if I have to drive a little further) There is one small store that I won't utilize anymore, as I was treated poorly. I drive to the next store down the road.

As far as ink, I order ink off of ebay... much cheaper and it shows up in my mailbox, no muss, no fuss. I keep one of each cartridge and when I use one, I order a replacement for my stock.

What actions do you want to take to change your personal life?? What have you done, so far?? What would be the next step in the process??

• Author
Springsummer
You had quite a day. I've been there when nothing really seemed to want to go right.

As far as Costco, dump them... Join Sam's Club or some other Big Box store (depending on where you live). Same with the rude grocery store checkout lady; I don't frequent stores that treat me poorly (even if I have to drive a little further) There is one small store that I won't utilize anymore, as I was treated poorly. I drive to the next store down the road.

As far as ink, I order ink off of ebay... much cheaper and it shows up in my mailbox, no muss, no fuss. I keep one of each cartridge and when I use one, I order a replacement for my stock.

What actions do you want to take to change your personal life?? What have you done, so far?? What would be the next step in the process??

Thank you for your understanding. Really appreciate it.

I don't know what I could I have done. I don't think there is much I can do...maybe it's fate? still ran into, ran besides, ran in front, ran behind...that person...one time finally he came into the elevator with me alone there. he didn't even say hi. I said a tiny and small hi and no response. I swear I will never say hi again no matter who he is. all these came and went "often" but quickly, I have never even had the time to really look at his fingers to make sure...holy smoke, how funny is that? Life is depressing, hopeless, ironic and full of mockeries.

Edited by Springsummer
Happy Lemming

OK.. you said a small meek little "hi" to the mystery man... He may not have heard you?? Next time stick out your hand and say "Hello, my name is __________, I work in this building and I wanted to introduce myself."

Maybe its time to expand your potential dating pool. Right now, there is one possible guy who you don't even know if he is married or not or has a girlfriend or whatever.

What attempts are you making to put yourself out there?? Make a plan... today I'm going to meet 3 new people at this used book store, then tomorrow I'm going to go to "Happy Hour" at my local pub and be social with other humans, etc. These are just some generic suggestions, you know your town. Where can you meet people??

• Author
Springsummer
OK.. you said a small meek little "hi" to the mystery man... He may not have heard you?? Next time stick out your hand and say "Hello, my name is __________, I work in this building and I wanted to introduce myself."

Maybe its time to expand your potential dating pool. Right now, there is one possible guy who you don't even know if he is married or not or has a girlfriend or whatever.

What attempts are you making to put yourself out there?? Make a plan... today I'm going to meet 3 new people at this used book store, then tomorrow I'm going to go to "Happy Hour" at my local pub and be social with other humans, etc. These are just some generic suggestions, you know your town. Where can you meet people??

I think I would just leave men alone...at least for now and in this thread.

I am just deeply unhappy with my experiences. That door man physically threatening me...just because he is bigger than me. if you were me, what would you do?

Happy Lemming

I am just deeply unhappy with my experiences. That door man physically threatening me...just because he is bigger than me. if you were me, what would you do?

I'd ask to speak to the store manager, explain the situation and see if the door man was reprimanded in some way?? Write up in his personnel file?? 3-day suspension?? etc.

If I got no satisfaction from the store manager, I would call the corporate office or parent company. I'd also cancel my membership to Costco and join another wholesale warehouse club.

Bad businesses with mean employees don't get my money!! There is no way that a shopping experience should be traumatizing.

• Author
Springsummer
I'd ask to speak to the store manager, explain the situation and see if the door man was reprimanded in some way?? Write up in his personnel file?? 3-day suspension?? etc.

If I got no satisfaction from the store manager, I would call the corporate office or parent company. I'd also cancel my membership to Costco and join another wholesale warehouse club.

Bad businesses with mean employees don't get my money!! There is no way that a shopping experience should be traumatizing.

He actually complained to the manager for me flashing the card in front of his face and threatening me again in front of the manager. The manager did nothing to him.

I definitely will cancel membership.

jeesus...Joel Osteen is like a savior. He is like speak directly to me every time...only if I can really do what he says.

Happy Lemming

Good for you... Yes, cancel your membership!

I have no idea who Joel Osteen is, but if he brings you some form of solace, then I guess that is OK.

Personally, I am an atheist and don't believe in any religion, organized or otherwise, but if his words bring you comfort then I am happy you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Author
Springsummer
Good for you... Yes, cancel your membership!

I have no idea who Joel Osteen is, but if he brings you some form of solace, then I guess that is OK.

Personally, I am an atheist and don't believe in any religion, organized or otherwise, but if his words bring you comfort then I am happy you feel better.

I think I am one of those most stubborn atheist or agnostic? I still am even though I sometimes think he is like a savior, because he deliver the exact message I need. I think those message or life lessons are universal.

I think he is more like a life coach to me, not really a preacher.

but it is hard to do what he says. have to listen again and again.

even him still can't make me a believer, not yet.

I think your partner is an extremely lucky person, because you are no judgmental, kind and understanding.

Happy Lemming

I think your partner is an extremely lucky person, because you are no judgmental, kind and understanding.

My long term girlfriend and I have been dating 7+ years, we get along quite well. This is my longest relationship, and hers as well.

She is Jewish and really wanted a Jewish man to date, as she found other guys want to argue about religious beliefs. As I have no religious beliefs, there is nothing to argue about. It would be a one sided argument, as I have no religion to defend or speak about. So that aspect of our relationship works.

I think we are both lucky to find each other, but yes, she seems happy when we get together. She enjoys our trips & adventures and is happy with me, for the most part.

I truly believe there is a lid for every pot, please seek out your lid!! He is out there, go find him.