If I wore a fake wedding ring, would men desire me more?

I’ve heard of guys wearing fake wearing rings to make them look more desirable and I think it works for them because when I see a man who’s obviously married/wearing a ring, knows that he’s taken, it’s like damn! He must be a good man to get locked down. Now does that work for women? I mean if I wore a fake wedding ring will guys want me more or will they back off?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Haaaa, l thought of it myself after a divorce , just for the hell of it.

Because when l was married l had women throwing themselves at me , then l wake up divorced , no one throwing themsleve's at me, huhhhh :bunny:

Your logic is flawed Ocean. There are plenty of married men (and women) who make appalling partners. The fact that one is married means nothing about how good they are.

I wouldn't suggest you wear a ring - if you can't meet a man without using deceit, you need to look inwards to find out why.

• Like 3

Because when l was married l had women throwing themselves at me , then l wake up divorced , no one throwing themsleve's at me, huhhhh :bunny:

Truth is they weren't really throwing themselves at you , they just felt safe and comfortable with a guy who was already taken.

"Safe flirting" around married men or married women can be fun as there is always the "out" if they get the wrong idea.

"OMG you didn't think I meant it did you? Don't be silly, you are married..."

Once single or divorced, safe flirting is off the menu as the likelihood the single/divorced person will take it seriously and that is the last thing you want...

OP

For a woman wearing a ring will no doubt attract a whole lot of sleazy characters looking for a "desperate" and vulnerable married woman to have sex with...

• Like 4

I can attest to the fact that wearing a wedding ring makes you more attractive and it is not just because women feel safe with me. That being said I would never want a woman that goes after married men so if I were single I would never wear one. Quality is better than quantity. Why would you want a man that goes after married women?

• Like 3
loversquarrel
Truth is they weren't really throwing themselves at you , they just felt safe and comfortable with a guy who was already taken.

"Safe flirting" around married men or married women can be fun as there is always the "out" if they get the wrong idea.

"OMG you didn't think I meant it did you? Don't be silly, you are married..."

Once single or divorced, safe flirting is off the menu as the likelihood the single/divorced person will take it seriously and that is the last thing you want...

OP

For a woman wearing a ring will no doubt attract a whole lot of sleazy characters looking for a "desperate" and vulnerable married woman to have sex with...

Ummm....so where do affair partners come from?

Blind-Sided

I agree 100%. So... do you want the guy looking to break up a marriage? Or the guy looking for a "Hook-up" because he thinks you are going to go home to your H, and won't complicate his life?

As for me... if I was looking, and noticed a ring... I would simply stay away. I am an honorable person, and wouldn't cheat, and wouldn't want someone else cheating. Even now... my STBxW has had her rings off for a couple months, (wrong on so many levels. Personal, spiritual, and just hurtful to me) and will actually yell, and get mad if I simply say I love her. My ring is still on because it's the right thing to do.

My 2 cents... take it for what it's worth.

Edited by Blind-Sided
Wallysbears

Back in my bartending days, several of us would wear fake rings for work to AVOID being hit on. I've never heard of doing it TO be hit on.

• Like 1

Somehow it works for men but not women. Some sleazy women are attracted to men who are husbands and fathers. It's a turn on.

• Like 1
mark clemson

Agree very much that what you're going to attract with that approach (if anything) is the wrong kind of person looking for the wrong kind of thing.

Maybe focus more on the basics - staying healthy, looking good, being friendly/open to conversation, etc ?

• Like 2

I agree that it makes women feel safe flirting with married people or being married themselves. With men, I think they're looking for safe affair partners in the same boat they are. Any women who are serious about going after married guys are also sleazy and just looking for affair partners, and there are definitely some of those. I've had the displeasure of being around some of them.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

This can work, but the sexes differ...

Women are FAR more inclined to steal another woman's man...Happens every day...>There is even a saying that goes something like "the best/most desirable men are the ones already taken"...

Guys don't generally do the same thing....Maybe it's a "bro code" violation, but probably has more to do with the fact that there is a good possibility the guy may wind up in the ER for trying to move in on another man's turf...

I'd agree with the previous poster that stated it would scare guys off...Plus it's just dumb anyway...>Don't do it..

TFY

• Like 1

Yeah def' , l'd go with all that too , doesn't work if it's she's the married one. lf l saw a ring, first thing l'd look for btw, that would def' that.

l wouldn;t be interested in being some married womans fling or destroying a family

Side note , l wasn't gonna do it back when OP, it just crossed my mind in a bit of a chuckle kinda way at the time was all.

There is this idea amongst some men that unhappily married women are good in bed. I dont share it but it is there.

There is this idea amongst some men that unhappily married women are good in bed. I dont share it but it is there.

I have never heard that one

mark clemson

I'm not sure about good, but my days of casually flirting with them suggest a significant percentage may be surprisingly easy to get into bed unfortunately.

And that is not good. :(

amaysngrace

I got so much more attention the day I took mine off.

But that could’ve just been my smile.

• Like 1
2.50 a gallon

Before I married I was a partier, spent lots of my spare time in a bar. When I was married I never went to a bar without her with me, until we broke up. It was not that I got hit on every time I went out to a bar with my wedding ring on, but it was quite often. I learned to tell a story that she was out of town visiting with her mom.

It seemed most of them got a kick about having sex with a married man, some wanting to know it they were better in bed than my wife.

One thing I noticed with one woman who tried to get me to cheat with her on a business trip was the look of utter disappointment when I said no. When It was clear I wasn't going to cheat with her it was like her soul was crushed.