LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

If I wore a fake wedding ring, would men desire me more?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2019, 12:47 AM   #1

If I wore a fake wedding ring, would men desire me more?

Ive heard of guys wearing fake wearing rings to make them look more desirable and I think it works for them because when I see a man whos obviously married/wearing a ring, knows that hes taken, its like damn! He must be a good man to get locked down. Now does that work for women? I mean if I wore a fake wedding ring will guys want me more or will they back off?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 15th April 2019 at 2:39 AM..
Oceansfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 2:38 AM   #2
Established Member

Haaaa, l thought of it myself after a divorce , just for the hell of it.
Because when l was married l had women throwing themselves at me , then l wake up divorced , no one throwing themsleve's at me, huhhhh
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 6:47 AM   #3
Established Member

Your logic is flawed Ocean. There are plenty of married men (and women) who make appalling partners. The fact that one is married means nothing about how good they are.

I wouldn't suggest you wear a ring - if you can't meet a man without using deceit, you need to look inwards to find out why.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 7:22 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
Because when l was married l had women throwing themselves at me , then l wake up divorced , no one throwing themsleve's at me, huhhhh
Truth is they weren't really throwing themselves at you , they just felt safe and comfortable with a guy who was already taken.
"Safe flirting" around married men or married women can be fun as there is always the "out" if they get the wrong idea.
"OMG you didn't think I meant it did you? Don't be silly, you are married..."

Once single or divorced, safe flirting is off the menu as the likelihood the single/divorced person will take it seriously and that is the last thing you want...

OP
For a woman wearing a ring will no doubt attract a whole lot of sleazy characters looking for a "desperate" and vulnerable married woman to have sex with...
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 7:29 AM   #5
Established Member

I can attest to the fact that wearing a wedding ring makes you more attractive and it is not just because women feel safe with me. That being said I would never want a woman that goes after married men so if I were single I would never wear one. Quality is better than quantity. Why would you want a man that goes after married women?
Old 15th April 2019, 7:31 AM   #6
Established Member

Ten or more characters

Delete

Last edited by Logo; 15th April 2019 at 7:34 AM..
Logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 7:36 AM   #7
Established Member

Ahhh right , so that's how it goes.
l could never figure it out but that makes sense.
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 8:56 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Truth is they weren't really throwing themselves at you , they just felt safe and comfortable with a guy who was already taken.
"Safe flirting" around married men or married women can be fun as there is always the "out" if they get the wrong idea.
"OMG you didn't think I meant it did you? Don't be silly, you are married..."

Once single or divorced, safe flirting is off the menu as the likelihood the single/divorced person will take it seriously and that is the last thing you want...

OP
For a woman wearing a ring will no doubt attract a whole lot of sleazy characters looking for a "desperate" and vulnerable married woman to have sex with...
Ummm....so where do affair partners come from?
loversquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 9:13 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post

I agree 100%. So... do you want the guy looking to break up a marriage? Or the guy looking for a "Hook-up" because he thinks you are going to go home to your H, and won't complicate his life?

As for me... if I was looking, and noticed a ring... I would simply stay away. I am an honorable person, and wouldn't cheat, and wouldn't want someone else cheating. Even now... my STBxW has had her rings off for a couple months, (wrong on so many levels. Personal, spiritual, and just hurtful to me) and will actually yell, and get mad if I simply say I love her. My ring is still on because it's the right thing to do.

My 2 cents... take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by Blind-Sided; 15th April 2019 at 9:17 AM..
Blind-Sided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 9:55 AM   #10
Established Member

Back in my bartending days, several of us would wear fake rings for work to AVOID being hit on. I've never heard of doing it TO be hit on.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:03 AM   #11
Established Member

Any guy you would attract BECAUSE of wearing a ring would be looking for casual NSA sex.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:20 AM   #12
Established Member

Somehow it works for men but not women. Some sleazy women are attracted to men who are husbands and fathers. It's a turn on.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:30 AM   #13
Established Member

Agree very much that what you're going to attract with that approach (if anything) is the wrong kind of person looking for the wrong kind of thing.

Maybe focus more on the basics - staying healthy, looking good, being friendly/open to conversation, etc ?
mark clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:46 AM   #14
Established Member

I agree that it makes women feel safe flirting with married people or being married themselves. With men, I think they're looking for safe affair partners in the same boat they are. Any women who are serious about going after married guys are also sleazy and just looking for affair partners, and there are definitely some of those. I've had the displeasure of being around some of them.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:40 AM   #15
Established Member

Do you really want to be with a guy who goes after married women?
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote