What are the early signs someone is right for you?

How do you know, within the first few dates or weeks of dating someone,

if they are a good match vs a not so good match?

It's something I'm trying to get better at.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences!

When I first met my partner, it was very apparent that we had a lot of things in common. I couldn’t wait to see him again! I was still anxious and excited to see him, but I also felt a really comfortable familiarity with him. He made me feel safe.

My mom always used to tell me, when looking for a house - when you see the right house, you will just know... and, when you are looking for the right guy - when you meet him, you will just know. She was right. I just knew in both cases. My guy says the same thing - he actually says when he saw me for the first time, he just knew... ❤️

Edited by BaileyB

Seems like a pretty bizarre question.

You know yourself right

You know what you like, you know if your comfortable, click , the type of person, feeling lots of excitement , very attracted, things in common, same page.

Not sure how you could not recognize all of that when your with it.

Seems like a pretty bizarre question.

You know yourself right

You know what you like, you know if your comfortable, click , the type of person, feeling lots of excitement , very attracted, things in common, same page.

Not sure how you could not recognize all of that when your with it.

Sometimes when you are dating, it can be difficult to feel like you will recognize “the right one” when they appear. You just see so many people, you start to wonder why none of them are right... maybe you are looking for something that doesn’t exists... It certainly doesn’t help if you have friends and family members who tell you that you are being too picky and looking for something that doesn’t exist.

• Like 1

Yeah, friends and family really don't help sometimes do they eh.

Yaknow though , it's only confusing when people are somewhere middlish for you, don't ya think.

How do you know, within the first few dates or weeks of dating someone,

It's something I'm trying to get better at.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences!

Actually, the question should be are you right for them? Can you be with them without wanting to change anything about them? Are you looking for a renovation project with potential or are you looking for turn-key ready?

It really depends on your motivation for choosing that particular person. Make sure you're not projecting who you want this person to be while dismissing who they actually are because it's inconvenient to your plans for them.

I knew but it hard to explain how I knew. I have very good instincts about people and everything about her was just right.

Lotsgoingon

Swan ... your question ... means ... assuming you're asking this about an ongoing situation ... you don't really like them enough.

Your question is sorta like asking, How do I know I like one flavor of ice cream more than another?

Or How do I know I like the music I like? ... Because you'll feel a high hearing the music ... and you'll want to hear the music again ... and you'll listen to more music from that band/group/performer ... and find more that you like and on and on.

Sounds like you might be in your head ... which is fine ... the head has its role as a screener in chief ... but your heart will jump when you meet someone you really like. You'll be thinking of them, dreaming of seeing them again. You'll feel excited, thrilled. So much so that you will need to bring the head into the equation to make sure you don't lose your mind.

If you don't know, then the answer is you don't really feel it for the person.

How do you know, within or weeks of dating someone,

You don't, there are some things only time reveals. Anyone can "fake it til they make it" for a few dates. Attraction can certainly be revealed early on, suitability takes longer.

What you can know after "the first few dates" is whether you'd like a few more dates...

Mr. Lucky

With my wife it was all just very natural. When I had spoken with women before her there was often a lot of hesitation with some aspect. Like I didn't really feel like calling or meeting them.

With her it was like I was on autopilot almost. I had to call her, then I had to call her every night, then I had to meet her, then I had to have a second date, then I needed to date her long term and make her my wife. It was just what I had to do. She's it for me. We've been together almost 4 years and not a second has gone by where I haven't felt like that.