Been with my Girlfriend 5 months (6 Months 29 April)

Everything is going great & we go on holiday 29th April-7th may morocco..

The only issue is she wants me to shave my beard off for the holiday & keeps bugging me about it & says if I shave it off once I will stop bugging you as want to see you clean shaven as some of your FB/match pictures you were like that..

My beard is well trimmed/kept tidy not that long.

So should I shave my beard off to keep her happy? Or keep it & do what i want?

Do girls actually like beards on men? or clean shaven ones

CautiouslyOptimistic

Hair grows back. Shave it for her just this once.

I like both bearded and non-bearded men. Really depends on the man.

• Like 1

I have no idea how long your beard is, but when my boyfriend shaves his beard it grows back within a week.

Do you really want to make such a little thing an issue in your relationship? Normally, I would say don’t change who you are for someone else - but this is such a small thing, humour her.

When we first started dating, my guy asked me if I liked him clean shaven or with a beard. I love a little stubble, so that is what he does... It’s not a big thing. Try something new... you may be pleased with her response! ;)

• Author

So I should shave it off this once & see her response...

So that should make her happy??

My beard is bigger than stubble but still short

I don't really like beards much myself. But my boyfriend has one kept neatly trimmed. I too would like to see it gone but he thinks he looks more manly with it. Lol

There are bigger fish to fry. In the grand scheme is it that big of a deal? I say do whatever you like but if you get rid of it pretty sure she will be very, very happy if you catch my drift.

She just wants to see you clean shaven... it’s not like she wants you to buy a sports car, or lose 50 pounds...

Isn’t this what people in relationships do? My guy loves it when I wear my glasses, so I do that. He hates it when I wear a certain outfit, so I got rid of them. He loves a specific meal that I cook, so I make that meal for him.

If it doesn’t cost you anything, and it doesn’t because hair grows back, then do it for her. She’s just curious, she wants to see you clean shaven. I would do it - but, if keeping your beard is more important to you than making your girlfriend happy... go right ahead.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks guys for the advice...

Will probably do it for the holiday then that will keep her happy ?

• Like 1
loversquarrel

It really depends on the woman. My wife likes both but prefers me clean shaven as it feels much better for intimate reasons. Tell her you really don't want to then surprise her, she'll be putty in your hands.

• Author
Tell her you'll shave... if she shaves!! :)

She has already said that to me lol

If the issue is a standalone one that doesn't involve anything more than what you've written, I agree with the previous advice. If you have a particular issue about NOT shaving or if she has a pattern of doing things you see as trying to control you then my response might be a little different.

Happy Lemming
She has already said that to me lol

Good Deal!! Now where is that razor!

• Author

in my bathroom lol

No other issues she just wants to see me clean shaven at least once

Edited by GTR King

Hate beards, all beards. I like to date a man, not a bear. That said, it's your body and if you care more about your beard than her, then don't shave it. I would think you'd want your gf to be as attracted to you as possible though, and this is a simple enough request.

bathtub-row

I like the 5 o’clock shadow look, personally. Your gf may not like your beard at all. It’s nice you’re shaving it.

the vast majority of females totally dislike any facial hair on their man

the vast majority of females totally dislike any facial hair on their man

For me, I like beards so hair on the face is great. Hair on the body is a different story (I don't like hairy guys, and was married to one so am sure that I don't).

• Author

She has been fine with my beard..

Just wants it off for the holiday

If she wants it off for the holiday, she wants it off, period. That's just her way of persuading you. But she might change her mind once it's off. You never know.