LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

What is your honest opinion of women over 40

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree286Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2019, 3:13 PM   #211
Established Member

Well this thread has gone on! Ive just now caught up because Ive been sick and battling pneumonia but was glad to read this lively thread today.

I dont do social media so I dont know what DMT means if anyone wants to share?

People and their tools and crafts are interesting theories. We all are born with a hand of cards we dont get to choose, its what a person does with what they are born with and what they accomplish with their spirit and constitution that counts to me.

If we look at history, its not the most beautiful people that generally lived the most extraordinary lives, its the people with the most soul, the most spirit and the most interesting to be around.
PhillyLibertyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 10:43 PM   #212
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneL View Post
I think you meant these craftsmen have been gifted with very little talent to do their craft. The tools in this analogy are the people of the opposite gender (i.e., your potential dating pool).

Not really....

True craftsmen turn chicken shyt into chicken salad-no matter what they have to work with....Others sit around and make excuses about how they couldn't succeed because they "didn't have the right tools"...

Its about what you make of who you are...

TFY
Old 14th April 2019, 11:22 PM   #213
Established Member

My opinion of women who are 40 or over....hmmm...well, if I was still dating I certainly wouldn't waste my time - they'd definitely be pushed to the back burner. I have never in my life fel turned on by an older woman, even when they have been younger than me.
loversquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 11:50 PM   #214
Established Member

Quote:
The tools in this analogy are the people of the opposite gender
I would say that for "a poor craftsman blames his tools", as applied to dating and bitterness, poor tools could represent a character flaw of the bitter person. The character flaw being an inability to take responsibility for his or her own actions.
shydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 2:35 AM   #215
Established Member

Quote:
I think you meant these craftsmen have been gifted with very little talent to do their craft. The tools in this analogy are the people of the opposite gender (i.e., your potential dating pool).
I think the tools in this analogy refers to the personal skillset of the craftsmen. A person who's got their stuff together is far more dateable than those who lack social skills or who are otherwise a mess and can't figure out why they can't meet someone.

I simply do not believe that someone who's chronically single is doing everything right.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 4:22 AM   #216
Established Member

Unless they want to be chronically single. Then maybe theyre doing everything right.

I bask in my singledom.
Old 16th April 2019, 7:27 AM   #217
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefooloftheyear View Post
True craftsmen turn chicken shyt into chicken salad-no matter what they have to work with...
Its about what you make of who you are...
Yes but the ability to turn "chicken shyt into chicken salad" is not a universal gift. Some can do that, some will never be able to do that.
Truth is some have been gifted poor quality tools AND are also poor craftsmen...
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 9:49 AM   #218
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
I think the tools in this analogy refers to the personal skillset of the craftsmen. A person who's got their stuff together is far more dateable than those who lack social skills or who are otherwise a mess and can't figure out why they can't meet someone.

I simply do not believe that someone who's chronically single is doing everything right.
The tools should be about ones dating skillset. But here people are blaming the whole opposite gender (women blaming all men, men blaming all women) for their lack of dating success, instead of blaming their inadequate skillset. Perhaps a better analogy is A poor craftsman blames the materials hes working on.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 5:17 PM   #219
Established Member

Quote:
The tools should be about ones dating skillset. But here people are blaming the whole opposite gender (women blaming all men, men blaming all women) for their lack of dating success, instead of blaming their inadequate skillset. Perhaps a better analogy is A poor craftsman blames the materials hes working on.
Oh yes, I see what you're getting at now. Exactly right you are.
Old 16th April 2019, 5:18 PM   #220
Established Member

Indeed Grace. I should have said "unwillingly single people".
Old 16th April 2019, 6:23 PM   #221
Established Member

Quote:

Doesn't matter what they are blaming, the reality is that instead of using what they have to make the best "them" they could be, they blame their failures on other stuff...It could be their weight, their height, the fact that they need to move to find a mate, they are too smart, make too much money, are too much of a good guy and should be more like a dick...

You get the picture..

TFY
thefooloftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 7:00 PM   #222
Established Member

lmo , best thing a woman can do for herself later in life is to not forget she's a female , hold on to her femininity and stay grounded, warmth, personality. Men love that stuff it's what we look for .
So many get hard and skewy in the head and let themselves go and seem to forget all about femininity, they even cut their hair off and start looking like men or their husbands.
YOu know if you wanna talk tools , those things are her tools but so many seem to let themselves lose that as they get older and don't seem to even realize it.

But l know lm gonna regret coming back to this thread

Last edited by chillii; 16th April 2019 at 7:03 PM..
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote