Wife and I want to become hoarders and be on TV

My wife and I watched Hoarders a few weeks ago and decided that we wanted fame so we started trashing our house. Both of us crap on the floor all the time and smear it all over the walls. The bathroom is unusable right now and we are just buying stacks of news papers and throwing them all over the house. Instead of taking out the garbage we just throw it all over the floor and we have even taking garbage out of dumpsters and thrown it all over the place. We want it to look real disgusting. My wife is at a second shop right now and is heading to the dollar store to stuff to throw all over the house. We ordered pizza and chinese over the weekend and the containers are still on the floor.

The only problem is that our neighbors don't seem to like the idea. They say it smells awful and they are afraid of rats and roaches. How can we convince them just to hold on until we get on TV and then the place will be spotless again? The show will have their cleaners do it and the place be spotless from then on. We can even be on a feel good where are they now show and talk about we conquered our hoarding but the neighbors don't see it that way.

Oh yeah and April Fools.

• Like 4
mark clemson

LOL. If you've watched the show you surely know these people really are sick. The power of denial is amazing sometimes.

Yes most hoarders are indeed mentally ill, so not too sure if they deserve to be made into figures of fun and used as entertainment...

I thought the freak show was no longer PC, but it seems to be alive and well in some quarters of the TV industry...

• Author
Yes most hoarders are indeed mentally ill, so not too sure if they deserve to be made into figures of fun and used as entertainment...

I thought the freak show was no longer PC, but it seems to be alive and well in some quarters of the TV industry...

Reality tv will exploit anything for ratings. I will say at least the show does seem to give these people a new start if they choose to take it. It's probably the only way they can get their home cleaned and fixed up like that and if they accept help and counseling maybe they can have a better life. I am sure the family has called the show because they have run out of all other options and are desperate.