Where Did You Meet

It was a set up by mutual friends. I got invited to a party he hosted, didn't go home for two days and we're still together over 25 years later.

We met in a bar when we were both in university. Some drunk guys were bugging me and a friend who was with me, and he came over started talking to us. That got the drunk guys to move on.

We ended up talking almost all night and into the next morning,and have been together ever since.

• Like 1

We met at our then work. She had recently graduated with a BASc degree and it was her first full time professional role using those qualifications. I had already been working there for two years by then.

Her desk was near mine and her first impression of me, was I was full of myself. Yet she started chatting to me, which led to us having lunch together a few times. Before she asked me out on a date, close to 23 years ago. Which led to us happily getting married, almost 20 years ago.

• Like 1
It was a set up by mutual friends. I got invited to a party he hosted, didn't go home for two days and we're still together over 25 years later.

That must have been some party!

I worked with my wife's sister, who invited me to a group function that my wife "just happened" to be at. Learned later my SIL set us up...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

My wife and I were in the same US History 101 class with about 100 students. During that time I walked into a hamburger joint across the street from the University, and my wife was the only dinner there sitting at the luncheon counter. I asked if I could join her, which was out of character for me, she said yes and we talked about class and what ever. That was 51 years ago, married 50 years. She told me years later that we talked for about an hour at that meeting.

• Like 3
Wallysbears

Match - he sent me a message, called and asked me on a date and we have been together ever since. Married with a son and it’s happily ever after.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

On the beach in Galveston when I was 18 and she was 16.

I think that was during the Carter administration.

• Like 4
Happy Lemming

About 7+ years ago, I went for a swim at an apartment complex pool where I was temporarily living (in between house flipping projects). I saw a beautiful woman doing laps, when she took a break from swimming her laps, I swam up to her and started a conversation. Asked her out for a drink later that evening and continued from there.

Where and how did you meet your current significant other?

At a bar watching the Michigan-Ohio State game. We bonded through our pain. :laugh:

• Like 1
At a bar watching the Michigan-Ohio State game. We bonded through our pain. :laugh:

Going to have to assume from that one you're U of M fans :( ...

Mr. Lucky

loversquarrel

At work. She asked me if I wanted to hang out with her and a couple of other friends...turns out the other friends never showed up, we've been together ever since.

Going to have to assume from that one you're U of M fans :( ...

Mr. Lucky

What would make you think that? :laugh: Oh we suffer, I tell ya.

on match.com, we emailed for 2+ weeks back and forth so I finally sent her my work email so we could talk off match and she immediately sent me an email that said "You are xxxxxxx from xxxxxxxx ?".. I said yeah and she said we know each other.. she was a client of mine and had been sending me work for a couple of years. She had my name and address/phone on her computer screen at work and we had talked thruout a couple of years but just business.

From there it was easy peasy.. wall was down on both sides... married almost 1.5 or so years later and now form the present that was almost 12 years ago.. 1 kid later, she no longer works there, she gave it up when she got pregnant.

Met my Girlfriend on Match.com (Been dating 5 months this friday)

She message me first Sept last year saying Hey if you had to choose what would be your best holiday and why? :) xx

We spoke for about a month then met Oct 29th was a Great date only down side was that I broke my new Iphone XS Screen :( we went bowling/drinks

to this day we still each other and message off to Morocco 29th April-7th may

She is a Nurse so dose shift work

Kitty Tantrum

First time we saw each other was over the counter of the café where I was working as a barista, but we didn't actually meet until some weeks later (it would have been late in the summer of 2015, shortly after my divorce was finalized). We were eventually introduced by some of my co-workers who invited me over to the big house where they were renting rooms - café-lobby guy was one of their housemates. I ended up renting a room there as well (it was a nice house), and we hooked up a couple months after that and just kind of never unhooked.

I don't think I could have designed a man myself who was better suited for me. I had never counted on meeting someone like him, but there he was! And he loves me back! I don't care if you want to call it serendipity or fate or good karma or a blessing from God; I'll take it.

I first met my current partner nearly 1.5 years before we got together, although we were both in relationships at the time. We are both doing postgraduate studies in the same school. She broke up with her partner about 6 weeks before I broke up with mine, and was a great support and friend in the lead-up to my breakup.

Shortly after, she offered to look after some of my stuff while I found a new place to live, and we ended up having a few drinks to chill out that weekend. Of course, you can imagine what two newly single people are going to do! (Although I'll be honest, she made the first move!) That was about 9 months ago now. Turns out we had a lot more in common than I ever gave her credit for.

major_merrick

I met my husband when we were kids. I had escaped from my parents and went to hide at a neighborhood park. I climbed a tree, and he climbed up it a bit later because it was his usual spot. He didn't mind that he found a girl there, and so we started talking. We dated in high school, took different paths in life, and ended up getting back together a little over a year ago.

• Like 2
That must have been some party!

I worked with my wife's sister, who invited me to a group function that my wife "just happened" to be at. Learned later my SIL set us up...

Mr. Lucky

The main party only went for about 10 hours. But he and I continued our own little party in the bedroom for quite some time afterwards ;)

And your meetings sounds so similar. I still believe there's a lot to be said for matchmaking.

Curiousroxy86
I met my husband when we were kids. I had escaped from my parents and went to hide at a neighborhood park. I climbed a tree, and he climbed up it a bit later because it was his usual spot. He didn't mind that he found a girl there, and so we started talking. We dated in high school, took different paths in life, and ended up getting back together a little over a year ago.

this has got to be the cutest story ever