LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Angry Men?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2019, 9:14 AM   #1

Angry Men?

So I am not a fan of online dating at all. One of the reasons is I had a bad experience on there but another reason is the amount of angry men online.

Is it just me or do men (obviously not all) seem angry at women these days?

I didn't respond to one message when I did it last (OLD) and got 'where were you between 4-9pm' type message. I said 'making pancakes' and then it was 'what all this time?'... Obviously I blocked him.

Then I got the 'send me a sexy pic' request of another man and when I said no he used the f word back at me. I blocked him.

Then there were several sad men who send messages like 'women won't date me' and 'I need a woman to sort my life out'... Very unattractive.

Yes I know you get all sorts and this was a free site but still I would say that 80% were like that on there.

Don't get me wrong I know women who send nasty and unnecessary messages to men. I was always polite.

What a sorry state of affairs!
Sunnydaysandsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 9:24 AM   #2
Established Member

I have found equally as many women who literally write on dating sites, "Must be marijuana friendly", "don't waste my time", "I'm not racist but I don't outside my race", "I'm tired of all the sleazy men" - piles and piles of negativity. I agree that you've met some immature men, but I would encourage you not to become too extremist =p Don't let it make you become an Orc fighting the Elfs
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 9:25 AM   #3

Yes I totally agree those women, I know one like that. She was all 'no losers' on her profile yet she lied about her age.

Yes it isn't just angry men, there are angry women on there too.... it is just I don't read their profiles and get messages from them!
Sunnydaysandsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 4:36 PM   #4
Established Member

Your post is about people online being angry at the opposite sex. It's not a post intended to bash men and start a gender war, which is itself related to people being angry at the opposite sex.
And yes, people who have had bad dating experiences do carry that baggage and negativity. Some of that go way back to childhood issues and later being rejected throughout adolescence. That all turn into anger. Online dating, a lot of weird behaviors.
Gretchen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 6:35 AM   #5
Established Member

I'm male. So the profiles I read are written by women. I don't see angry or desperate from the ladies. BUT ... so many that seem phony to me. 'If I had a nickle for every ...' I'd be up to $50 by now.

Prime offenders in the nickle pile:
- wants to travel. Okay. I'm 65. I vary the age limits on my searches but rarely go lower than 54 or higher than 67. I understand women in that age range are new empty nesters and want to travel to have fun. But, sorry ladies, I can take or leave travel. What I'm looking for is a relationship. So write about what you're looking for in a man, not what you could just as well do with a female friend or alone.
- likes to laugh. Puleeeeze. WTF does that have to do with why you're on a dating site? If you leave that out, am I to assume that instead you like to weep for sadness?
- and finally, a typical quote from the profile of a woman I recently sent a (so far unread) message to:

''I am looking to meet a special man who wants to get to know me, someone who is kind, affectionate, considerate, understanding and loving. Tell me what you think!''

Really? Is that it? Not handsome as Brad Pitt, younger than you, making six figures, 8-10 inches taller than you are? Women who write that they're looking for 'motherhood and apple pie' type love and leave out any mention of physical or financial criteria are just baiting and switching. Unless you're a 'couch potato', at least make sure you list activities you do or would enjoy.

So, as is often said here on LS, it's a numbers game.
nospam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:08 AM   #6
Established Member

I experienced the angry man thing on dating sites a lot, which is why I will have nothing to do with them. A lot of the men on there are horrible - theyíre aggressive and demanding. At first, I just thought it was a rare thing but it kept happening over and over. I havenít been on a dating site in years now because of that. Then there were the men with idiotic profile names or writing suggestive comments in their bio. I just wonder how they could be so clueless. Anyway, I tried those sites a few times and gave up. It as truly depressing. Iím happy to meet guys the old fashioned way or just stay single.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:15 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam99 View Post
I'm male. So the profiles I read are written by women. I don't see angry or desperate from the ladies. BUT ... so many that seem phony to me. 'If I had a nickle for every ...' I'd be up to $50 by now.

Prime offenders in the nickle pile:<snip>
You sound angry lol

Sorry but nothing wrong with the examples you gave, you just seem angry at women for being “phony” and not admitting they want a hot guy with money

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; Yesterday at 11:57 AM..
BluEyeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:57 AM   #8
Established Member

People do not write well Iíve found. Not on dating sites, not resumes. They just donít know how to say who they are or what they are looking for.

Ignore any guys who are rude. Block them.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:47 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen12 View Post
Your post is about people online being angry at the opposite sex. It's not a post intended to bash men and start a gender war, which is itself related to people being angry at the opposite sex.
And yes, people who have had bad dating experiences do carry that baggage and negativity. Some of that go way back to childhood issues and later being rejected throughout adolescence. That all turn into anger. Online dating, a lot of weird behaviors.
Gretchen...are you a mind reader? It is very clear by her use of the words that she meant men, and not just the opposite sex. Perhaps you are trying to soften her thread, which is nice, but it was a gender war from the first sentence.

As far as anger and duplicity in people that you meet or interact with online? I think that both genders suffer from this and one of the problem about anger is that it is hard to impart tone in writing. To convey tone requires a lot more writing than most people are willing to do nowadays.
standtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:50 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam99 View Post
I'm male.
Prime offenders in the nickle pile:<snip>
Woman of a certain age have probably spent years with a guy who doesn't want to go anywhere, whilst she dreams of foreign shores, he would not recognise a joke if he fell over it and he could never be described as " kind, affectionate, considerate, understanding and loving"...
I don't see anything wrong with wanting something different.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; Yesterday at 11:58 AM..
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #11
Established Member

I can't speak to male profiles and communications on dating sites, BUT...

From looking on Twitter these past few years, there are a TON of disillusioned dudes who are mad at the world (and yes, mad at women) and who make ridiculous demands of others to cater to their whims.

I view them as man children who will bitch about a super hero movie having women in it. I can't imagine how infantile they are when it comes to dating. I feel sorry for the single ladies out there who have their acts together. You deserve better.
Old Today, 7:18 AM   #12
Established Member

Both men and women can get angry at the dating world and it flows through their interactions or what they write on a dating site.

One guy messaged me while I was online, but doing something else on another tab at that time. Then, he basically wrote a "Oh, I guess you're one of those then." message, to which I said that I was away from the page and blocked him as I didn't want to deal with that kind of attitude if I moved forward and dated him.
ElKay is offline   Reply With Quote