For the ladies in the room...

Simply put...ladies, what is it about a guy that turns your head? What is it about a guy that makes you want to be in a relationship with him? What are you "non-negotiables"?

If I'm ever in a position to look again, I'd like to meet a guy who is kind, gentle and knows what to take seriously and what not to. Money doesn't matter to me, but he would have to be very understanding that I have a son with developmental delays who would always have to come first.

He would also have to share ( or at least tolerate) my weird sense of humour and not be a sports nut (especially hockey or curling...I'm a bad Canadian in that I don't like hockey and curling just looks bizarre:laugh:). His appearance wouldn't be important to me, but having a kind heart would be. He would also have to enjoy being in the tropics and love a quiet beach. I'm not into resorts or busy places. A quiet little cottage is more my speed.

Non-negotiables? I couldn't be with one of those arrogant "I'm alpha so there fore I should rule the roost" type men. Anyone who was okay with being cruel to animals or children, was into proselytizing or who feels the world owes them "happiness" would also be unattractive to me.

• Like 3
amaysngrace

I don’t know. Some men who I once thought were too good for me seem nowhere near good enough now. I’ve become a whole lot pickier which could be why I’m single.

• Like 2

I’m always careful with the word “kind”. I’ve interacted with those who would think they’re so kind to others, only to end up doing unkind things due to their ignorance (or stupidity).

• Like 2

Pepper, I think we'd be competing for the same man. Though in my darkest hours I do wonder what new man would tolerate the restrictions which come with being a special needs mum.

The only part of his appearance which would be important is a ready smile.

• Like 3
I’m always careful with the word “kind”. I’ve interacted with those who would think they’re so kind to others, only to end up doing unkind things due to their ignorance (or stupidity).

There's a whole lot of self descriptors from either gender which we need to take with a grain of salt. I would proceed with caution till I've seen for myself

Wallysbears

If my husband dies? I’m going to happily spend the rest of my life a widow.

What WAS I looking for?

A man. Someone that loved, respected, adored and would honor me and that I could be completely genuine with.

My only “criteria” were no prior kids but wanted kids and a family.

I refused to have a portion of my/our household income going to an ex. Sorry, not sorry.

“Man” for me was/is a loaded term though. My husband is the perfect blend of old fashioned and “new age”. I can go off and be whomever and whatever I want and he has my back...but if I’d come home tomorrow and say I want to stay at home....he would support that also.

He’s awesome. And I thank god daily for him

• Like 1
If my husband dies? I’m going to happily spend the rest of my life a widow.

I understand where you're coming from. I answered the thread in theory. But in practice, I'd probably stay single.

"I'm alpha so there fore I should rule the roost" type men...

:rolleyes:

we don't talk like that

• Like 2

Trying to find someone willing to take on your child will be the biggest hurdle. I wonder if men who work in the medical field like nursing or the like might be a good place to hunt or if they want to come home to no more caretaking.

amaysngrace
Non-negotiables: Must have logic. Must not be cruel to animals.

Will you marry me?

CautiouslyOptimistic
Will you marry me?

:lmao: I wish we had laughing "likes" here like on FB!

• Like 1
Will you marry me?

Haha... why yes, sometimes I found myself staring at that avatar photo of your dogs. :love:

• Like 1
Curiousroxy86
Simply put...ladies, what is it about a guy that turns your head? What is it about a guy that makes you want to be in a relationship with him? What are you "non-negotiables"?

What turns my head? A handsome smile

What makes me want to be in a relationship? He treats me well

What are your non negotiables? Cheating, abuse, not affectionate, not enough quality time, long distance relationships.....there is more but all I can think of right now I'm hungry lol

amaysngrace
sometimes I found myself staring at that avatar photo of your dogs. :love:

They’re a total chick magnet.

todreaminblue

courage...kindness ...altruistic...a lover of fairness and justice and righteousness without being judgmental.....courage first and foremost...a guy who turns my head is a guy who would stand up and be counted ...no matter who stood up against him....he would stand anyway....thats the guy...im willing to stand beside...and face the world with....the reason why courage is so important to me.....is because i am ...courageous for others..even if he doesnt like them or know them he still would stand up for them because they were being mistreated............. and if it comes to the crunch...i want to know the guy i am with...can match my courage...

if he cant match me...it might be hard for him to watch me be courageous and not stand beside me and also to understand why i am the way i am.......i cant change what i believe in.....

so cowardly behavior....a lack of generosity of spirit..unkindness.lack of compassion..bigotry ...racism.......and rich guys feeling entitlement and above others.....money hungry ......and for sure selfishness are my no way hosea things.......deb

Edited by todreaminblue