LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

The new next door neighbor gal

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2019, 10:31 AM   #16
Established Member

I agree with the others about NOT getting involved with a neighbor. Way too many ways that could just go wrong.

As to her having low standards, you are basing that (it appears) only on your assessment of his looks and personality - not on his character. Using superficial qualities to judge someone else's standards is being superficial yourself.

Also, you may be misjudging the extent of their relationship.

It's good you see the positive in the experience in that now you know you're ready to date again.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 10:39 AM   #17
Established Member

Man, I feel kinda bad for your new neighbor that she can’t even get settled into her new home without TWO guys tryna get all over her. Can’t she move in in peace? Sheesh.

To me it sounds like maybe she knew your other neighbor previously? Like smackie said, he’s acted quite confident for someone who is, according to you, awkward and ugly. So perhaps they were already friends? I, too, think you’re relying on a handful of assumptions here.
losangelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 10:41 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelena View Post
Man, I feel kinda bad for your new neighbor that she canít even get settled into her new home without TWO guys tryna get all over her. Canít she move in in peace? Sheesh.

To me it sounds like maybe she knew your other neighbor previously? Like smackie said, heís acted quite confident for someone who is, according to you, awkward and ugly. So perhaps they were already friends? I, too, think youíre relying on a handful of assumptions here.
sounds to me like there is some jealousy going on here losangelena

- Monty Python
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 4:25 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
He's got a lot of confidence for a guy you described as "awkward".

I don't think so. You'd have to see and talk to this guy to understand what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding my way View Post
I agree with the others about NOT getting involved with a neighbor. Way too many ways that could just go wrong.

As to her having low standards, you are basing that (it appears) only on your assessment of his looks and personality - not on his character. Using superficial qualities to judge someone else's standards is being superficial yourself.

Also, you may be misjudging the extent of their relationship.

It's good you see the positive in the experience in that now you know you're ready to date again.

It's impossible to know somebody's character without spending a lot of time with them. In fact, that's what dating's about. Until that point, you make "judgments," for lack of a better term, on what you see and hear initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelena View Post
Man, I feel kinda bad for your new neighbor that she canít even get settled into her new home without TWO guys tryna get all over her. Canít she move in in peace? Sheesh.

To me it sounds like maybe she knew your other neighbor previously? Like smackie said, heís acted quite confident for someone who is, according to you, awkward and ugly. So perhaps they were already friends? I, too, think youíre relying on a handful of assumptions here.

To be fair, I was not "tryna get all over her." In fact, I never made a move period. I don't even know this gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
sounds to me like there is some jealousy going on here losangelena

You'd be wrong. For me to get "jealous," I'd have to have known a woman a long time, and been pining away for her or something, but this gal is a complete stranger and I don't even know anything about her.

This whole situation has zero effect on me. In fact, the more I think about it, the happier I am that I'm not in his position. It will be interesting to see how "they" play out. Could end up being some neighborhood drama.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote