LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

The new next door neighbor gal

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 10:34 PM   #1
Established Member

The new next door neighbor gal

She just moved in a few weeks ago, maybe a month. I met her the first day outside in the driveway as I got home and she walked over to introduce herself. First impressions were: She's cute, very smiley and seemingly happy. We made small talk for a bit then I let her get back to her stuff (her family was helping her move). I've only seen her a couple times since.

Her neighbor on the other side, a guy, was ALL OVER her immediately. I say that because I saw him outside talking to her from almost the moment she arrived, and I think every time I've even seen her he's been out there talking to her, or walking towards her. I haven't even had a chance to approach her where he hasn't been there, save for one time I said a quick hi as I saw her in the driveway as we were both leaving. I do not even know the gal well enough to ask her out. The way the properties are situated, it is more conducive to them running into each other than myself running into her. I only see them if I am leaving in my vehicle in my driveway. I can't see them from inside.

Fast forward to now, it appears they're already together, because I just saw him going into her front door with her. Gee, that was fast. I guess it's "snooze you lose" but I'm really surprised she went for him, and this quickly. I say this because, in all honesty, this guy is just not very attractive at all. I have met him a few times and not only are his looks not something I'd imagine women would be taken by - he's extremely awkward when talking to him. He seems nervous, fidgety, etc. both times we have chatted.

I guess I posted this because after seeing him heading into her place, I've lost interest in asking her out. I usually wouldn't give up this easy, but the fact that we're all neighbors just added some weird vibe to the whole thing.

Last edited by Highndry; 13th March 2019 at 10:46 PM..
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 11:51 PM   #2
Established Member

Too close for comfort.. literally.

Never poop where you sleep.

Just a couple of tired old clichés I thought may apply.

Dating a neighbor? I could not imagine doing that, personally. I value my space and privacy, and dating a next door neighbor would make feel like I was losing both.
El Duendecillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 5:44 PM   #3
Established Member

Good god just go over there with a casserole....she's your neighbor. Stop assuming things...just get in there and start socializing with her.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 6:19 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Good god just go over there with a casserole....she's your neighbor. Stop assuming things...just get in there and start socializing with her.

Haha. Normally I'd agree with you but I'm out. I saw them this morning all lovey-dovey, his arm around her on his porch. My attraction to her disappeared instantly. She seems to have low standards because this guy just is not a catch. I can do better.
Old 14th March 2019, 6:25 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highndry View Post
Haha. Normally I'd agree with you but I'm out. I saw them this morning all lovey-dovey, his arm around her on his porch. My attraction to her disappeared instantly. She seems to have low standards because this guy just is not a catch. I can do better.

Sorry but this sounds like a classic example of sour grapes.

The other proverb that comes to mind is that the early bird gets the worm. Or she'll get his worm.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 6:27 PM   #6
Established Member

NEVER date your neighbor.

EVER.

Because when it goes bad - and chances are extremely high that it will - it's the most uncomfortable situation in the world.

You never **** where you eat. You should know better.

That other neighbor guy did you a huge favor, getting to her first - you just don't realize it yet. The day will come soon enough when this guy will be wishing he hadn't **** in his own backyard.
Mrs._December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 6:33 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normm View Post
Sorry but this sounds like a classic example of sour grapes.

The other proverb that comes to mind is that the early bird gets the worm. Or she'll get his worm.

You don't have to be sorry, you can think whatever you want. It has absolutely no bearing on how I live my life.

But you're wrong. If the guy was a good-looking dude with a decent personality, I'd feel differently. But having met him I just can't honestly believe she went for this guy. She's got low standards, and I don't date women like that.
Old 14th March 2019, 6:53 PM   #8
Established Member

Maybe she has a cute sister or friend, so do be polite and neighborly to her, just don't be Pepe LePew like that guy. Just be a nice neighbor. She might have a party and invite you and you'd meet someone there.
Old 14th March 2019, 7:00 PM   #9
Established Member

they are probably just friends Highndry. why not ask her over for tea & crumpets and find out for sure? I also agree with Mrs. December, don't date a neighour. I did and it didn't turn out too well and I lost some major ca$h.

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 7:53 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Maybe she has a cute sister or friend, so do be polite and neighborly to her, just don't be Pepe LePew like that guy. Just be a nice neighbor. She might have a party and invite you and you'd meet someone there.

Oh, I'll always be cordial and friendly. It's in my demeanor.

I'll have to say that I think this whole development is a good thing. It made me realize I'm ready to start dating again after my disastrous last relationship, which I needed ample time to heal from. But I'm not thinking of my ex anymore. She's history.
Old 14th March 2019, 9:17 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highndry View Post
Oh, I'll always be cordial and friendly. It's in my demeanor.

I'll have to say that I think this whole development is a good thing. It made me realize I'm ready to start dating again after my disastrous last relationship, which I needed ample time to heal from. But I'm not thinking of my ex anymore. She's history.
that's good to hear Highndry
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 10:34 PM   #12
Established Member

From what I've experienced when starting a new job, new place to live, etc. I avoid the ones who jump in first to meet you, etc.

While it's not always true they are the ones who after getting to know them you either have nothing in common with or would stay away from.

No harm no foul here.
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 11:02 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc878 View Post
From what I've experienced when starting a new job, new place to live, etc. I avoid the ones who jump in first to meet you, etc.

While it's not always true they are the ones who after getting to know them you either have nothing in common with or would stay away from.

No harm no foul here.
You are absolutely right with this, Marc. More often than not, those first people end up being a problem. I'm not sure why that is.

This whole thing is just weird, the more I think about it. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I will definitely update the thread as things progress.
Old 15th March 2019, 12:28 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs._December View Post
NEVER date your neighbor.
Amen. I had a short, tumultuous relationship in high school with the girl who's locker was next to mine and that was bad enough. Had to have a friend go by to see where she was before I could even get my stuff.

Can't imagine being nervous to pull into your own driveway...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 10:18 AM   #15
Established Member

He's got a lot of confidence for a guy you described as "awkward".
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote