LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

How the heck do happily married women lock down a man?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 7:51 AM   #1
Established Member

I know women that are happily married, have a great husband, are getting engaged, etc. What’s their secret? I’m jealous! How in the world do they lock a man down who isn’t going to make his eyes wander? When there is competition among other women that are younger, hotter, even funny? Or are these men Just good and have a good belief system who believe in the institution of marriage and monagamy? Where are these men and where can I find them? If that even insists. Or are these women just plain lucky?
Old 13th March 2019, 8:00 AM   #2
Established Member

if a women mothers a man and is domesticated sufficient to look after him, he will see her in a different light than as a mere date or booty call

maybe i am wrong and they like her personality a lot
Old 13th March 2019, 8:20 AM   #3
Established Member

So I have to cook him dinner and give him a good bj and that’s it? Does that whole “connection” thing come into play also? Sounds impossible-there are sooo many hot women out there. How does one man choose 1 wife?
Old 13th March 2019, 8:29 AM   #4
Established Member

why is "connection" in inverted commas?

am a woman, the men may tell you why they picked who they did, but from what I have seen, it depends on good convos, her domesticity, and his readiness, no point chasing a womaniser

Last edited by darkmoon; 13th March 2019 at 8:32 AM..
Old 13th March 2019, 9:10 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller107 View Post
I know women that are happily married, have a great husband, are getting engaged, etc. What’s their secret? I’m jealous! How in the world do they lock a man down who isn’t going to make his eyes wander? When there is competition among other women that are younger, hotter, even funny? Or are these men Just good and have a good belief system who believe in the institution of marriage and monagamy? Where are these men and where can I find them? If that even insists. Or are these women just plain lucky?
I believe in the institution of marriage Answering your questions point by point:

1. Most people who are happily married have similar mindsets, and agree to disagree on certain things - the woman agrees to logical arguments as much as possible and the man agrees to be calm as much as possible. They understand the worst hot button issues of marriage (money, kids, arguments) and pledge to talk it out.
2. There's always competition between women, and men and women both have to make a choice - is this the best choice given the circumstances? I obviously like hotter women but value humor and an extremely intellectual woman more now that I am less of a hothead.
3. The eyes always stray, but people in happy marriages have higher self discipline than those who divorce - a mature man and woman don't chase the next hot tail that comes along because they value their connection and deeply believe in their connection. You interview happily married couples - they will always say they've seen plenty of hotter and hunkier people. They just have the self discipline to say, eh, don't worry about them.
4. Indeed sometimes married people are lucky! It's the numbers game.
5. If you are looking for a specific type of lad, you should write your checklist here, and we will recommend you where to go. It sounds like you are looking for a traditional man who you can have to do things your way; that's most likely found in a church. Now remember most women unconsciously want men to be more assertive than them - so you can't simultaneously look for a mild mannered man and complain that his masculinity isn't strong enough for you. You will have to seek out a balance.
Old 13th March 2019, 9:19 AM   #6
Established Member

"Get in the van and you won't get hurt."
Old 13th March 2019, 10:08 AM   #7
Established Member

Giving love and respect back to them usually seems to work out well for the happily married women I know.
Old 13th March 2019, 10:30 AM   #8
Established Member

Not to add "fuel to the fire", but less and less men are wanting to get married. Although studies vary, it appears that 23% - 25% of all males will never marry.

So for every four men you meet, that say they are open to marriage, one of them is not telling the truth.
Old 13th March 2019, 11:00 AM   #9
Established Member

He doesn't feel locked down. To him she is a partner. They depend on each other for support, advice, comfort. The hot young stranger offers him none of that.
Old 13th March 2019, 11:27 AM   #10
Established Member

go to your local religious institution, lots of 'nice guys' there

- The Eagles
Old 13th March 2019, 2:54 PM   #11
Established Member

While subjective/relative, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, probably the single biggest factor is how good looking a woman is and more importantly how good she takes care of herself....One of the single most common issues of discontent reported by guys is their wives "let themselves go" or no longer care about personal grooming, appearance, etc..

Of course there are other issues, but often they go back to what I mentioned above...Women complain they have a sexless marriage, but don't bother mentioning that they are too heavy, chopped their hair short, etc..

Also, bear in mind that many people(and this is true more of women than men, IME), will proclaim how great their marriage is or it may look like on FB, only to be really just as shytty as the one down the street that's going through a divorce...

Guys normally suffer in silence...They may tell their buddies in a quiet moment, but wont do what most women do...

TFY
Old 13th March 2019, 3:01 PM   #12
Established Member

Your question is far too complex to be answered.
Old 13th March 2019, 3:30 PM   #13
Established Member

Nobody ever wants to hear the answer, but here it is (yet again)...most men don't want to be "locked down" for their entire adult life.

It's not our nature, at least not instinctively.

That doesn't mean we don't care about people, it just means we are hard-wired to seek quantity over quality, basically the reverse of what women instinctively seek.

And...here we are in a society that favors quantity over quality, so it appears the women won!

Last edited by CantGetEnuff; 13th March 2019 at 3:32 PM..
Old 13th March 2019, 3:53 PM   #14
Established Member

If you view it as "locking someone down", you've already lost the battle IMO.

The search for a compatible partner whom you're also attracted to and who treats you well isn't easy... for either gender. Some people do get "luckier" than others. But everyone in a happy LTR knows that both people are making the choice on a continual basis to invest and commit to their relationship, it's not something that you just "lock down" and that's it.
Old 13th March 2019, 3:55 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
So I have to cook him dinner and give him a good bj and that’s it?
Speaking only for myself, that's certainly a good start .

Quote:
Maybe you've got it backwards? Perhaps these women are happily married because they have a man they don't need to "lock down"...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt