Men only..... are you done ?

After being single now for 10 years, except a on and off engagement for 2.5,

I am starting to dislike women. All the drama and rejection has taken its toll.

Fir the record I am52, good looking and I’m great shape.

So guys,,, any of you feel this way? That women just ain’t worth the trouble?

How do I keep from hating women forever?

I have been frustrated with women at times in my alive. In my mid-30s now. What has kept me from getting too jaded is the knowledge that to concede to generalizations such as "all women are this or that" would indicate that I am part of the problem, too. Unless you just have horrific luck that would make Biff Loman feel bad for you, continued failures and poor experiences with all women would at the very least tell me that my people picker was flawed.

• Like 2

I'm going to be honest: if you've been active in online dating and have managed no meaning connections in the 7.5 years outside that on and off again engagement, you're doing something wrong.

Being good looking and in great shape may get someone to turn their head, but what do you have to offer which makes you great company and a good partner?

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
All the drama and rejection has taken its toll.

53 year old male, here... Been single all of my life and dated the whole time.

If there is drama, I'm gone. I don't put up with someone upsetting my life, I'm happy and want to stay that way.

As far as rejection, I just let it roll right off of me. Like water off a duck's back. I can say that in all my years of "cold approaching" women, only a handful have been nasty or unkind. 99.9% of the time it is a polite "No, thank you" or "I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend" or something along those lines. So, I do want to hand it to all of the women out there, thank you for being polite in your rejections of this rodent. I also think I have "thick skin" and can take rejection without it causing me any angst.

Presently, I am in a long term relationship and have been dating the same woman for 7 years. This is by far my longest relationship. I guess we just fit together well, like puzzle pieces. I never thought there was a lid for my pot, but I was incorrect.

Hating and anger take a lot of energy and will put you in a bad mood, affecting other aspects of your life. Also women can pick up on someone who is angry or hating the process of dating.

My advice... try to lighten up. Don't let little setbacks get you down, try... try again.

I see this bitterness all the time. Not just with men. With women too. They have one thing in common- no success in dating. The frustration and anger builds, and rather than look at the real problem which is staring back at them in the mirror, they blame their preferred gender as a whole. Which makes their attitude even worse. Who wants to be with someone like that? It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

You don't like women? Guess what, they ain't gonna like a guy with a chip on his shoulder either. No matter how hard he tries to hide it. It's like covering a beacon with a tissue.

• Like 2
I see this bitterness all the time. Not just with men. With women too. They have one thing in common- no success in dating. The frustration and anger builds, and rather than look at the real problem which is staring back at them in the mirror, they blame their preferred gender as a whole. Which makes their attitude even worse. Who wants to be with someone like that? It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

You don't like women? Guess what, they ain't gonna like a guy with a chip on his shoulder either. No matter how hard he tries to hide it. It's like covering a beacon with a tissue.

I could not agree more.

I sense a lot of bitterness in your post OP. That’s not going to help your cause, if your goal is to find a relationship with a woman.

mark clemson

I'm married. I like women generally, although I've only been with so many in my life (15 or so, most were 6-12 months relationships prior to marriage). But overall I find women quite interesting.

I will say that, looking back, sometimes I feel like I wasn't attracted to the "simple, easygoing" ones. They bore me unfortunately. So I ended up going for "complicated" women, even my wife. I guess I actually LIKE a reasonable amount of drama to keep things interesting. In a way it's kind of a curse. But sometimes easy is actually hard, it just drones on.

Does that count? If I was to divorce or similar, I know I wouldn't be done. It'd be a new adventure to me.

Women are great, and being with my wife has been the most stimulating experience I've had in my lifetime. If I was stuck on an all male planet I think I'd just go live in the woods.

• Like 1

Yeah been there felt that 50s too. Not so much bitterness just sick to death of women and all the bs that goes with them , after marriage break up and other things later.

l really didn't giva damn if l was ever involved again matter of fact l thought l even prefer being single. l do like life as a couple but l was just sick of all the bs that comes with it.

Come across a lot of other guys just fed up with them too and choosing singleness , a few have said even one night stands aren't worth it anymore. And nope they don't like women anymore and couldn't giva damn what a woman thinks of that. l didn't either for a long time and you'd get the look and just think yeah yeah whatfkgever move on lady.

Buttttt, of course , l still wound up meeting someone new none the less, think l must have a sign on my damn head :bunny:

She's a great girl though and so far we have a very cool life together but l swear , if this didn't work out then right , that's it for me.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1

I don't dislike women. But to answer the subject question, I often ask myself 'should I be done'.

Separated for ten years, divorced for close to two, dating, almost exclusively via OLD, for 18 months. My picker filters the drama. But the rejection is 'tiring'.

For the record, I'm 65 and in great shape. Good looking? ... LOL ... when my unicorn, otherwise known to some readers of my posts as Natalie, broke up with me, she told me I was handsome and would find 'someone else'. Truth or kindness? I can't say for sure but I'm leaning to kindness. Aside from the physical aspects, I can and will say that I'm kind, loyal, caring, fun (specifically in an active way), and looking for mutual commitment.

I'm as guilty as anyone of high standards, very well possibly too high. But what's 'wearing' is all the women's profiles on OLD talking about how they're looking for a relationship with exactly the kind of man that I described myself as above. Well, that's the 'essay' part of their profiles anyway. But in other parts of their profiles they more often than not say they're looking for men who are younger, taller (I'm 5'8"), or richer (I'm semi-retired and don't have that 6-figure salary) than I am. I don't know how they're filtering me. I just know that none of my dating relationships have lasted and that's what gets me thinking (not seriously yet) from time to time about giving up.

And one more frustration which is kind of tangential to 'being done'. It simply 'culls' candidates from 'the herd'. That is misrepresentation. You're heard it all before: 10-year old photos, lying about age, overselling body type, saying they're interested in activities that they don't actually do. Really ladies, I can go to a restaurant or a movie by myself or with my kids. The point of making a date of it is the companionship.

• Like 1

I'm mid 50's been married going on 12 years but know if this marriage didn't work out I would never get married again...

I do think the answer to your question lies inside of you and your own happiness rather than with women.

If you are genuinely happy with your life you won't hate women or anything to do with dating.

So I would say work on your own happiness, learning how to be content with your life as it is now and learn to love being alone.. once that all happens there won't be any room for feelings of hate and bitterness..

• Like 1
Yeah been there felt that 50s too. Not so much bitterness just sick to death of women and all the bs that goes with them

You're picking the wrong women. And/or not putting enough of the blame on yourself for all the problems. Women simply aren't that bad, they are not full of BS. Not in a reasonably normal healthy relationship.

a few have said even one night stands aren't worth it anymore.

That's a rather odd statement. As if picking up some random person in a bar, screwing them like they've been screwed by countless strangers before, and never seeing them again after you (or them) skip out the next morning was ever worth it.

GorillaTheater

I'm with Art. 56 and have been married for 35 years. But I didn't come to this site in the first place because my wife and I were totally rocking our marriage. At times it's good, but at other times it's kind of difficult.

I love women, always have. But yeah, if God forbid my marriage folds, I'm resting on my laurels and going fishing.

• Like 2
I am starting to dislike women.

There is no entity called "women". However, there is a large collection of individual females. I've certainly met a dozen or so I dislike, leaves me approximately 3.35B to pick from...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

I find that some women are very much worth the "trouble." Actually, there are wonderful women who aren't any trouble at all. If polygamy were legal, I have about 5 close friends I'd gladly marry - if they were all in agreement with that idea. However, I'll just do my best to keep the 1 wonderful woman I did marry about 11 years ago.

• Like 1
crispytoast

The way you keep from hating women forever is by acting in a mature manner. Recognize that if you are continuously being rejected that it's likely an internal problem that has less to do with women and more to do with you. Women aren't obligated to date you, befriend you, or even like you. Being a nice guy isn't a valuable quality, it's an expected quality which most guys who go "woe on me" after being rejected (self-proclaimed nice guys in particular) lack.

Also, hatred toward women is the reason why women are cautious around men in the first place, so if you can't not hate women just because women are awesome and great to have in your life regardless of whether or not they are dating or f*cking you, then at least don't hate them for the rest of us men who will otherwise be negatively affected by your actions.

• Like 2
Also, hatred toward women is the reason why women are cautious around men in the first place.. at least don't hate them for the rest of us men who will otherwise be negatively affected by your actions.

Actually the angry failures make things easier for us "regular" guys. When I date women who have been out there for a while, their relief at meeting a normal guy like me is evident. It's like I already have one foot in the door just because I'm not all bitter and jaded.

• Like 3
DrReplyInRhymes

Definitely not done dating, though as frustrating as dating can be,

I still hold on to some visage of hope, hope that I'll meet another who'll like me.

Each and every woman is different, and in those differences, I hope to find,

Someone who will love me as I require, so I can love them as they require in kind.

• Like 1
You're picking the wrong women. And/or not putting enough of the blame on yourself for all the problems. Women simply aren't that bad, they are not full of BS. Not in a reasonably normal healthy relationship.

That's a rather odd statement. As if picking up some random person in a bar, screwing them like they've been screwed by countless strangers before, and never seeing them again after you (or them) skip out the next morning was ever worth it.

Not at all, l've got very good taste in women and have always been extremely selective, there's not many l bother with never has been,

Are you married 20 or 30yrs have a family.

life as two is a complicated business even with the most easiest going quality girl around. Women just come with stuff , never known one that doesn't. l've got 6 sisters too and believe they come with stuff too, 5x more than the brothers.

As far as what other guys have said about even one nighters , nope your wrong, l get it easily. Even one nighters one thing can lead to abother unless your made of stone , been there done that.

But anyway , who cares , if they aren't even interested in that good luck to them, more for you.

PS , l could give 50 examples but eh , wouldn't that waste of time so just be my guest and think and live whatever you like.

Edited by chillii
Kitty Tantrum

I don't have to be a man (or a lesbian, for that matter) to be fed up and done with women, thank you very much.

:laugh:

• Like 1

Just live your best life and whatever happens happens. That's what I'm doing and I am a woman.

I can only speak for myself, but I can honestly say that when I've tried to find someone or let it consume my time and my thoughts, that's when it never happens, or it happens all the wrong way and I end up in some shyte relationship. So now I just don't think about it or men anymore. The only thing that's irritating is that there is a substantial amount of people (mostly single or married and looking) who want to force me into finding someone. THEY are the ones who bring it up and want to talk about it, when I don't. I have to remind them over and over that I'm not doing any of what they suggest because I'm fine.

I might have to start hanging around happily married women again, because single people are the worst perpetrators of this.