Guys: Kissing on First Date

MeadowFlower

Could I have guys thoughts on kissing on the first date. Preferably older guys, 27+ years.

Do you usually kiss the girl on the first date?

And

What does it mean, to you, if you do kiss her on the first date?

I am 47 and have often had sex sex on the first date.

That said kissing on the first date and this applies to sex as well. Tells me that the woman wants to do what she is doing, is interested in me to some degree and wants to see how I am at kissing (or sex if we have sex).

Since when I kiss a woman who I haven't kissed before, I am interested in her to some degree. I want to see how good at kissing she is and I want to kiss her.

I never kiss on the first date unless i'm really drunk and she's really drunk. We won't remember it anyways

No but generally I do not plan a kiss because you never know if a girl wants to see you again or not.

wait a minute, I have had sex on the first date a number of times so I must have kissed on the first date

• Like 1

If I want to see her again AND I interpret the way she's behaving to think that she feels the same, yes, I go for a kiss ... so far though, lips but no tongue. And plenty of turned cheeks or keeping distance. It's just a non-verbal communication transaction for 'I am romantically interested. How about you?'

• Like 1

I was 39 when I started dating the man who is now my husband. He did not kiss me on the 1st date & it bothered me. I had never met a man who didn't kiss me -- at least a peck on the cheek -- at the end of the date. DH actually didn't kiss me until our 3rd date. If he had not kissed me that night, I was fully prepared to break up with him.

Could I have guys thoughts on kissing on the first date. Preferably older guys, 27+ years.

Do you usually kiss the girl on the first date?

And

What does it mean, to you, if you do kiss her on the first date?

If there's a connection and I feel that we're both into each other, I usually go for the kiss to show her that I'm interested in her.

• Like 1

I'm 43. For the longest time I never kissed on the first date. I was basically clueless. I think a lot of women were expecting it but I was just too shy or modest or something. Then as I was hugging one date goodnight, she basically held on to me and then I knew what I had to do, and wanted to do. It was ok because I liked her.

If a guy kisses you on the first date, it basically means he wanted to kiss you. I think it would mean more if he didn't kiss you. I wouldn't look into it that much actually, I think first date kisses are pretty common if everything went well. Then again the type of kiss might be important.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I was 39 when I started dating the man who is now my husband. He did not kiss me on the 1st date & it bothered me. I had never met a man who didn't kiss me -- at least a peck on the cheek -- at the end of the date. DH actually didn't kiss me until our 3rd date. If he had not kissed me that night, I was fully prepared to break up with him.

bit harsh and extreme. its like me saying she hasnt had sex with me by 5th date im done with him

• Like 1
bit harsh and extreme. its like me saying she hasnt had sex with me by 5th date im done with him

It's about preferences My preference is not to date people who I am not compatible with.

If you have concluded that you prefer sex by the 5th date, that is your choice. Not everybody will fit into that mold but that is OK because you are weeding out people who you don't fit with.

Not everybody is supposed to date everybody else.