I have a bf and have fallen for another man!

Hi There,

I need help!!!! I am being torn in two ways and its driving me crazy.

I have been dating my bf for about 3 years, and I love him so much. We are different in ways that I am a traveller and he is not. I would like to move away, and he wants to stay. When I try to talk to him about these things he gets defensive, saying he has a job here and doesn't plan on leaving for a long time if ever. I have travelled the world and have seen what else is out there, I can't stand the thought of being here for the rest of my life.

I know that you can't change someone, I don't want to change him... but I have seen in my parents relationship the regrets. I am very much like my mum and he is very much like my dad.

Now to get to my REAL dillemma. I was in England just last week and I met a guy that I really fell for. He is amazing, travel oriented, we share the same interests and he is very outgoing (which is a major turn on for me-- my current bf is not outgoing at all).

I love my bf, but I am not sure if I would be happy with him for the rest of my life. I think that I am more scared of hurting him. This other guy is in England, and because I am very open minded, I would move there! (I have family there and I love it there soooo much, he wouldn't be the reason for me to go there).

I am so confused with my feelings. I know no one can tell me what to do, but any advice would be really helpful.

Either come to some sort of compromise on things or maybe its time to move on. You probably need someone who shares more of your interests. I'm not saying that because you're a traverler and his not that it couldn't work out, but you both have to be willing to find some kind of compromise on the situation.

Jade

shorty babe

i two had dated a guy for three years and then i moved away but i still seen him often but then i two met another guy that had more of the same likings i ended up dumping my Bf for this other guy and it did last because i went with my heart just do what feels right just makes sure this guy in England will be there for you no madder what before you move all the way over there

Originally posted by sharla

Hi There,

I need help!!!! I am being torn in two ways and its driving me crazy.

I have been dating my bf for about 3 years, and I love him so much. We are different in ways that I am a traveller and he is not. I would like to move away, and he wants to stay. When I try to talk to him about these things he gets defensive, saying he has a job here and doesn't plan on leaving for a long time if ever. I have travelled the world and have seen what else is out there, I can't stand the thought of being here for the rest of my life.

I know that you can't change someone, I don't want to change him... but I have seen in my parents relationship the regrets. I am very much like my mum and he is very much like my dad.

Now to get to my REAL dillemma. I was in England just last week and I met a guy that I really fell for. He is amazing, travel oriented, we share the same interests and he is very outgoing (which is a major turn on for me-- my current bf is not outgoing at all).

I love my bf, but I am not sure if I would be happy with him for the rest of my life. I think that I am more scared of hurting him. This other guy is in England, and because I am very open minded, I would move there! (I have family there and I love it there soooo much, he wouldn't be the reason for me to go there).

I am so confused with my feelings. I know no one can tell me what to do, but any advice would be really helpful.

Date the new guy, otherwise you may end up regreting it the rest of your life. But then again, you might regret dumping a great guy that probably understands you really well. Just be mindful that your inital feelings are chemical and will certianly wear off as see new guy more often, usually it's best to wait a bit and see if you still have these feelings after talking to him some more. I guess with life there always comes weighted risks!

FightingTheFeelings

sweetie, it sounds like u already made ur decision...u said 'i don't think i would be happy with him'... u already know how you feel, i think ur just scared to try it out, but sometimes love just aint enough, the England guy sounds great...and u already seem happier, lol!