Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?

I’m super open minded and not against drugs in general but wouldn’t date a man who smokes weed all the time. Huge turn off. Also because I’m not into weed and dislike the whole vibe. Maybe try to find someone 420 friendly?

I hate the smell so it wouldn't work for me.

It would also depend on the legal status. I can't abide lawbreakers. So with a prescription or where it's legal by state, if I didn't have to contend with the smell, it's probably no worse then drinking.

Personally I can't get past the smell.

Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?

Considering I wouldn’t date a women who used tobacco, I wouldn’t date her.

thefooloftheyear

Personally I can't get past the smell.

I don't know if they realize that they, and everything they own, car, clothes, etc..smells like a skunks ass...

TFY

If I’m not mistaken OP is from Canada. It’s legal there.

But there’s a reason people put on dating profiles “420 friendly”. They know most people who don’t smoke can’t stand the smell and/or vibe.

It would also depend on the legal status.

• Like 2
  • Author
I don't know if they realize that they, and everything they own, car, clothes, etc..smells like a skunks ass...

TFY

This depends greatly on the person. When I tell others that I smoke regularly, they're actually dumbfounded. My home is always clean and shiny, smells nice, I always look professional and I'm kick ass at my job.

If everything smells like skunk, my guess is this person smokes indoors so the smell sticks to surfaces. This is reflective of home maintenance more than the smoking habit, I would say.

• Author
If I’m not mistaken OP is from Canada. It’s legal there.

But there’s a reason people put on dating profiles “420 friendly”. They know most people who don’t smoke can’t stand the smell and/or vibe.

You can't stand the vibe? Then you're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd lol The high vibe is supposed to be very open, kind, friendly and full of laughter, food and good company.

Those who smoke to be 'numb' or 'vegetative' are doing it all wrong and make the rest of us look bad.

By "medicates" do you mean a doctor prescribed the intake of cannabis? Is there an underlying medical reason?

If not..nope. I wouldn't date someone that does drugs.

• Author
By "medicates" do you mean a doctor prescribed the intake of cannabis? Is there an underlying medical reason?

If not..nope. I wouldn't date someone that does drugs.

Well, in my personal experiences, weed helped me get over my childhood PTSD, anxiety and depression, but it was never prescribed. Does a prescription really change your opinion that much? I didn't realize a piece of paper has so much power over people's opinions. I've gotten a lot of good feedback in relation to my healthier self over the years despite people having no idea I smoked at that time (used to be a closer smoker to avoid the stigma.)

I'm telling you, when people find out I'm a regular smoker, they literally all say the same thing. "You? Really?"

It's both awesome and sucks at the same time. It's awesome because it's just another example of why people shouldn't judge by appearances. It sucks because I'm just like any other person. It shouldn't be surprising that I smoke just because I have my life (and myself) together.

I suppose if a man writes me off without being open to my story isn't worth my time to begin with.

I know quite a bit about "medical" cannabis, and all that crap. Not all medical mj has THC in it. Most use it for the CBD, the stuff that doesn't get you high. Sure blowin a rocket might help someone going through cancer treatment will use it so they induce appetite. But there are those who become dependent on it just like any drug addiction and will sing a song about how it benefits them. There is prescribed cannabis that is in oil drops, and edibles which would make more sense because you are not smoking it...and yes you can get lung cancer from smoking anything, even pot. So if it were me I wouldn't date someone who smokes pot. I have a lot of friends who do and I'm OK with that, they can do whatever, but to have a partner that does it...hell no. It's a lifestyle, and mine is beer so we wouldn't be a match lol.

• Like 3

The reason it would matter to me is because here, it is illegal unless there is a prescription for it. My neighbor smokes - and has a prescription - and that's fine. He's allowed to. But without that prescription, it could mean the loss of a job if a random test was administered.

• Like 1
  • Author
I know quite a bit about "medical" cannabis, and all that crap. Not all medical mj has THC in it. Most use it for the CBD, the stuff that doesn't get you high. Sure blowin a rocket might help someone going through cancer treatment will use it so they induce appetite. But there are those who become dependent on it just like any drug addiction and will sing a song about how it benefits them. There is prescribed cannabis that is in oil drops, and edibles which would make more sense because you are not smoking it...and yes you can get lung cancer from smoking anything, even pot. So if it were me I wouldn't date someone who smokes pot. I have a lot of friends who do and I'm OK with that, they can do whatever, but to have a partner that does it...hell no. It's a lifestyle, and mine is beer so we wouldn't be a match lol.

That's fair :) We all have a right to our preferences. May I point out, however, that beer has been known to have worse side effects (like aggression and violence) than weed.

Just sayin :D

• Like 2

I’ve been around a lot of people who smoke specially during university time. Basically everyone did. I’d always leave when the happy “weed party” started as I felt I didn’t belong. I think it’s best for someone who smokes to be with other people who smoke. From the outside it all looks weird to me - I really dislike the vibe. And I can’t smoke either as it makes me paranoid, I always hated it when I tried.

I don’t judge though, if someone wants to it’s cool with me. I just prefer not to date them. Just to clarify I am ok with the vibe other substances provide. It’s specifically weed I dislike. I’ve dated a few lawyers and most of them are into harder substances but that didn’t bother me as they’re responsible people and the vibe of that drug is fine with me. So as I said the problem for me is not drugs, it’s specifically weed. Can you respect that people feel differently about things?

You can't stand the vibe? Then you're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd lol The high vibe is supposed to be very open, kind, friendly and full of laughter, food and good company.

Those who smoke to be 'numb' or 'vegetative' are doing it all wrong and make the rest of us look bad.

• Author
The reason it would matter to me is because here, it is illegal unless there is a prescription for it. My neighbor smokes - and has a prescription - and that's fine. He's allowed to. But without that prescription, it could mean the loss of a job if a random test was administered.

Ahhh I forgot that in the States they do drug testing. It's sad that they discriminate based on something that may be irrelevant. When I hire employees, I tell them that I don't care what they do in their free time. All I care about is that they are professional and do their job well.

Needless to say, we are a thriving medical clinic and half our staff are regular smokers / drinkers.

Many insurance carriers in the US (think liability, etc) require random drug screening of employees. And god forbid there is any sort of workplace accident and the employee doesn't pass a screen.

• Like 2
  • Author
Many insurance carriers in the US (think liability, etc) require random drug screening of employees. And god forbid there is any sort of workplace accident and the employee doesn't pass a screen.

Yes this makes sense. I never considered the legal repercussions. Before weed was legal here in Canada, there wasn't strict enforcement anyways. We would get caught all the time and told to simply "stop it".

In this case, makes sense that you don't want to risk any legal penalties due to a smoking partner. What if it was legal? Would it change your preferences?

Two Fortune 500 companies I worked at also required drug tests to hire - even for more senior positions. I find it stupid, but that’s the way it is.

The interesting thing is OP titles her thread “medicate with”. But then makes clear in one of her posts that she enjoys the lifestyle. Which is it? I think it’s the latter. So just be aware that not everyone wants to get into that lifestyle.

• Like 1

If it was legal, i wouldn't care. As long as it was moderate and not life impacting (much like someone drinking alcohol...moderate? fine. alcoholic level or drinking and driving? no)

• Like 1

I think it’s a personal thing as to whether it would bother someone or not. She probably has reasons for having to do it. It’s supposed to be great for chronic pain and you can’t really blame someone for wanting to stop the pain. You have to decide if it’s a dealbreaker for you or not.

• Like 1
  • Author
Two Fortune 500 companies I worked at also required drug tests to hire - even for more senior positions. I find it stupid, but that’s the way it is.

The interesting thing is OP titles her thread “medicate with”. But then makes clear in one of her posts that she enjoys the lifestyle. Which is it? I think it’s the latter. So just be aware that not everyone wants to get into that lifestyle.

Kindly provide an example where I mentioned 'weed lifestyle'?

Here’s your example. Sounds to me like you enjoy the lifestyle. I’m sorry if I got it wrong.

The high vibe is supposed to be very open, kind, friendly and full of laughter, food and good company.
I think it’s a personal thing as to whether it would bother someone or not. She probably has reasons for having to do it. It’s supposed to be great for chronic pain and you can’t really blame someone for wanting to stop the pain. You have to decide if it’s a dealbreaker for you or not.

Absolutely. But it’s odd that she asked if people would be okay, and then went on to argue with those who’re not.

thefooloftheyear

To be clear, I have no issue with anyone that wants to do it...As for someone who I had to live with? Nah...

And I agree with the others as far as the general "vibe",,,I know a fair amount of pot users...There is a "cultish" feeling about those in that club and if it's not your thing, there will be an incompatibility...Ive also had bad experiences with guys that worked for me and were regular pot users...

I am sure OP would find that there are a lot of people that will actually see it as a plus....Just not me, and some others judging by the responses in the thread..

TFY

• Like 2