LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:46 AM   #61
Established Member

Ya it all boils down to "lifestyle" choice because it is truly a lifestyle. Just like I could never date a vegan. I want to enjoy sharing steak dinners and wear leather shoes without someone harping on me about it.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:54 AM   #62
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispytoast View Post
OP, to answer your question, there are a lot of really kind, creative, intelligent, and incredibly talented people who would not judge you for smoking weed. In general, cannabis will be a much smaller determining factor in whether or not someone chooses to date you in comparison to say, being a kind person and possessing rational reasoning skills, or having a path in life. Do your thing, function with integrity, keep your life handled, and be real with people. Always work toward being the most badass version of yourself and most people will not give a flying f*ck whether or not you smoke weed. And the ones who do care? They don't matter. One love
Why does it have to be judging them? I wouldn’t get into a relationship with a divorced man with small kids because we wouldn’t be compatible. But I totally respect the amazing job of a father to small kids. I admire Steve Jobs, who was doing LSD regularly when younger and was super creative. But it’s not for me.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 1:27 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneL View Post
Why does it have to be judging them? I wouldn’t get into a relationship with a divorced man with small kids because we wouldn’t be compatible. But I totally respect the amazing job of a father to small kids. I admire Steve Jobs, who was doing LSD regularly when younger and was super creative. But it’s not for me.
I like how you hone in on judge and ignore the rest of the post. It sort of proves my point. When someone is pro-choice when it comes to experimenting with the relationship between substances and the consciousness, many people will never allow them to be right, no matter how logical their rationale. Check it out, not wanting to be with a man who has children is a judgement. You are judging that you are not compatible with him because of his children. I am saying that there are plenty of people who would happily date someone who smokes weed or recreationally consumes other psychoactive substances, and that this decision to consume does not automatically make the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being.
Old 3rd March 2019, 3:21 PM   #64
Established Member

No I would not date such a person just the same I would not date a man that drinks on regular basis specially not if it's to deal with stress/anxiety. A lot of people around me smoke cannabis, it's legal now, I don't judge them it's their life and they can run it as they see fit, I would not want it in mine though.
Old 3rd March 2019, 4:00 PM   #65
Established Member

Quote:
I like how you hone in on judge and ignore the rest of the post. It sort of proves my point. When someone is pro-choice when it comes to experimenting with the relationship between substances and the consciousness, many people will never allow them to be right, no matter how logical their rationale. Check it out, not wanting to be with a man who has children is a judgement. You are judging that you are not compatible with him because of his children. I am saying that there are plenty of people who would happily date someone who smokes weed or recreationally consumes other psychoactive substances, and that this decision to consume does not automatically make the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being.

Sorry I didn’t understand your use of the word “pro-choice”. It seems that you are the one who can’t allow others to make the choice regarding with whom to get into a relationship. People don’t want to date you must be judgmental?! There’s a poster on here who only considers a woman with small feet (no more than US size 5.5) and extremely petite body (US size 00 or 0) attractive. It’s entirely his choice. I don’t judge him to be judgmental about my slightly less small feet and slightly less petite size. Nor do I accuse him of saying I’m less creative, less intelligent, and less creative

The OP asked if one is willing to date a person who self-medicates frequently with weed. Everybody gave her an answer with a reason. Nowhere did I see a claim that nobody would date a person with such a habit. Can you point to me where posters claimed that having such a habit “make[s] the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being”?!
Old 4th March 2019, 6:15 AM   #66
Established Member

Quote:
The OP asked if one is willing to date a person who self-medicates frequently with weed. Everybody gave her an answer with a reason. !
Oh. I didn’t give a reason but I don’t see the point. To me it’s a no brainer.
smiley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 12:32 PM   #67
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful30 View Post
Lol

Looks like you guys could benefit from some cannabis You guys feel waaaayyy too uptight hehe
Oh I just saw from your other thread that you would only date a “white” guy, which is entirely your choice. Imagine some black guy tells you that you can benefit from dating a black guy and that you’re way too uptight to not consider a different skin color
Old 4th March 2019, 1:25 PM   #68

Quote:
The OP asked if one is willing to date a person who self-medicates frequently with weed. Everybody gave her an answer with a reason. Nowhere did I see a claim that nobody would date a person with such a habit. Can you point to me where posters claimed that having such a habit “make[s] the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being”?!
The whole post wasn't just aimed at the critics. I was answering the OP that yes there are people who would date someone who smokes weed. It's not all about you. With that being said, multiple times people said things like stoners are lazy, irresponsible, not the kind of people who can successfully have a family, etc etc. No I'm not going to point you to it because it's a reoccurring theme in the thread.

Last edited by crispytoast; 4th March 2019 at 1:27 PM..
crispytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 1:13 PM   #69
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Ya it all boils down to "lifestyle" choice because it is truly a lifestyle. Just like I could never date a vegan. I want to enjoy sharing steak dinners and wear leather shoes without someone harping on me about it.
Okay HUGE generalization here. This has nothing to do with lifestyle choice, but the person themselves.

Not all vegans take issue with people who eat animal products. I don't drink or eat meat, and sometimes it takes years before people notice because I don't say anything about it. I accept others and their choices.

Please don't put us all in the same box.
Hopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 1:19 PM   #70
Established Member

Quote:
Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?
I'd have no problem whatsoever, I wouldn't even find it unique,
I used to toke all the time, hardly anyone ever knew me without weed.
I've dated women who smoke weed, I've dated women who don't,
Experiences have taught me that the majority of drama came from those who won't.

Each and every woman is different, what you have to ask is how does it affect you?
Is this something you're set against? Is it something you perceive to be rude?
Are you upset that she kept this from you more than the act of toking itself?
For the inability to be open about it may come from the stigma you're excluding yourself.
Old 14th March 2019, 1:30 PM   #71
Established Member

Quote:
Okay HUGE generalization here. This has nothing to do with lifestyle choice, but the person themselves.

Not all vegans take issue with people who eat animal products. I don't drink or eat meat, and sometimes it takes years before people notice because I don't say anything about it. I accept others and their choices.

Please don't put us all in the same box.
They still couldn't share a steak dinner with you.
You would have something else while they ate steak.
Not the same.
Orokotikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 2:57 PM   #72
Established Member

Quote:
With that being said, multiple times people said things like stoners are lazy, irresponsible, not the kind of people who can successfully have a family, etc etc.
Something like that becomes a cliche by being true often enough to be a cautionary tale.

So someone not wanting to date a daily cannabis user isn't passing judgement on you individually, they're simply playing what they see are the odds and avoiding common relationship pitfalls. Different strokes...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 8:15 PM   #73
Established Member

I'll pass. I prefer a woman who is not a substance user and abuser. "Self-medicating" never ends well.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 8:26 AM   #74
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orokotikki View Post
They still couldn't share a steak dinner with you.
You would have something else while they ate steak.
Not the same.
Oh no!! We cannot share our MEALS!!! We will starve because we have different tastes!! How will I ever eat again? How will my MAN ever eat again if I must always have half of his meal?

Hilarious
Hopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote