LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2019, 11:38 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
The reason it would matter to me is because here, it is illegal unless there is a prescription for it. My neighbor smokes - and has a prescription - and that's fine. He's allowed to. But without that prescription, it could mean the loss of a job if a random test was administered.
Ahhh I forgot that in the States they do drug testing. It's sad that they discriminate based on something that may be irrelevant. When I hire employees, I tell them that I don't care what they do in their free time. All I care about is that they are professional and do their job well.

Needless to say, we are a thriving medical clinic and half our staff are regular smokers / drinkers.
Hopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:41 AM   #17

Many insurance carriers in the US (think liability, etc) require random drug screening of employees. And god forbid there is any sort of workplace accident and the employee doesn't pass a screen.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:43 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
Many insurance carriers in the US (think liability, etc) require random drug screening of employees. And god forbid there is any sort of workplace accident and the employee doesn't pass a screen.
Yes this makes sense. I never considered the legal repercussions. Before weed was legal here in Canada, there wasn't strict enforcement anyways. We would get caught all the time and told to simply "stop it".

In this case, makes sense that you don't want to risk any legal penalties due to a smoking partner. What if it was legal? Would it change your preferences?
Old 28th February 2019, 11:45 AM   #19
Established Member

Two Fortune 500 companies I worked at also required drug tests to hire - even for more senior positions. I find it stupid, but that’s the way it is.

The interesting thing is OP titles her thread “medicate with”. But then makes clear in one of her posts that she enjoys the lifestyle. Which is it? I think it’s the latter. So just be aware that not everyone wants to get into that lifestyle.
Old 28th February 2019, 11:46 AM   #20

If it was legal, i wouldn't care. As long as it was moderate and not life impacting (much like someone drinking alcohol...moderate? fine. alcoholic level or drinking and driving? no)
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:46 AM   #21
Established Member

I think itís a personal thing as to whether it would bother someone or not. She probably has reasons for having to do it. Itís supposed to be great for chronic pain and you canít really blame someone for wanting to stop the pain. You have to decide if itís a dealbreaker for you or not.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:46 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgygirl View Post
Two Fortune 500 companies I worked at also required drug tests to hire - even for more senior positions. I find it stupid, but thatís the way it is.

The interesting thing is OP titles her thread ďmedicate withĒ. But then makes clear in one of her posts that she enjoys the lifestyle. Which is it? I think itís the latter. So just be aware that not everyone wants to get into that lifestyle.
Kindly provide an example where I mentioned 'weed lifestyle'?
Old 28th February 2019, 11:49 AM   #23
Established Member

Hereís your example. Sounds to me like you enjoy the lifestyle. Iím sorry if I got it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful30 View Post
The high vibe is supposed to be very open, kind, friendly and full of laughter, food and good company.
edgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:50 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
I think itís a personal thing as to whether it would bother someone or not. She probably has reasons for having to do it. Itís supposed to be great for chronic pain and you canít really blame someone for wanting to stop the pain. You have to decide if itís a dealbreaker for you or not.
Absolutely. But itís odd that she asked if people would be okay, and then went on to argue with those whoíre not.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:50 AM   #25
Established Member

To be clear, I have no issue with anyone that wants to do it...As for someone who I had to live with? Nah...

And I agree with the others as far as the general "vibe",,,I know a fair amount of pot users...There is a "cultish" feeling about those in that club and if it's not your thing, there will be an incompatibility...Ive also had bad experiences with guys that worked for me and were regular pot users...

I am sure OP would find that there are a lot of people that will actually see it as a plus....Just not me, and some others judging by the responses in the thread..

TFY
Old 28th February 2019, 11:56 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
This depends greatly on the person. When I tell others that I smoke regularly, they're actually dumbfounded. My home is always clean and shiny, smells nice, I always look professional and I'm kick ass at my job.

If everything smells like skunk, my guess is this person smokes indoors so the smell sticks to surfaces. This is reflective of home maintenance more than the smoking habit, I would say.
Is there a difference in smell between smoking a joint and vaping pot?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:57 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
That's fair We all have a right to our preferences. May I point out, however, that beer has been known to have worse side effects (like aggression and violence) than weed.

Just sayin
We all have to weigh to pros and cons yes. But for me it's the smoking part. If they were having a nibble before bedtime to sleep or for pain I would take that over opioids any day. I'm no virgin to smoking it. Had a lot of years under my belt. I didn't like it anymore because I never got any benefit out of it. It was making me feel crappy, tired/slow.

My mother uses medical MJ products and she's in her 80's. It is a healthier/cheaper choice because she was on some serious pain killers....and that s &*^ is so bad for you. She preaches about the benefits of MJ products to other seniors to help others.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:59 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneL View Post
Absolutely. But itís odd that she asked if people would be okay, and then went on to argue with those whoíre not.
Lol

Looks like you guys could benefit from some cannabis You guys feel waaaayyy too uptight hehe
Old 28th February 2019, 12:00 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Is there a difference in smell between smoking a joint and vaping pot?
Absolutely. Smoking is the regular way people ingest. Vaporizing simply means heating up the dry herb until it produces a vapour but doesn't burn. I prefer this option as it healthier because you're not inhaling anything that burns, and it also provides a "clear" high. You experience the psychoactive components without the sluggishness or "heaviness" that is commonly associated with smoking.
Old 28th February 2019, 12:01 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Absolutely. Smoking is the regular way people ingest. Vaporizing simply means heating up the dry herb until it produces a vapour but doesn't burn. I prefer this option as it healthier because you're not inhaling anything that burns, and it also provides a "clear" high. You experience the psychoactive components without the sluggishness or "heaviness" that is commonly associated with smoking.
Do you mind if I send you a PM about this topic?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote