In what situation is ok for a 21 year old to date an 18 year old senior?

To clarify, I'm talking about continuing a relationship that started in HS and one that didn't start as freshmen/senior as that's kinda weird. Are there any ways it could continue an already existing relation?

• Author

legality is not morality as it can be weird for a 21 year old to troll for someone in HS. So I'm asking about continuing a pre-existing relationship

Anybody old enough to get into a bar in the US has no business dating somebody in HS.

Even if the relationship started earlier, the older person would still be a predator: 3 years ago the younger person would be a HS freshman of 14/15 & the older one would be 18/19 a legal adult who can't legally date a child.

From your other threads, I think you are in college. Date a co-ed. Leave the HS girls alone.

The 4 year gap in ages will close to irrelevant after the younger one reaches age 20. Before then, the life stages make the relationship unseemly.

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with it. You've asked this question in varying ways in the past. Is there a reason you are so concerned about this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Anybody old enough to get into a bar in the US has no business dating somebody in HS.

Even if the relationship started earlier, the older person would still be a predator: 3 years ago the younger person would be a HS freshman of 14/15 & the older one would be 18/19 a legal adult who can't legally date a child.

From your other threads, I think you are in college. Date a co-ed. Leave the HS girls alone.

The 4 year gap in ages will close to irrelevant after the younger one reaches age 20. Before then, the life stages make the relationship unseemly.

I'm not planning on dating anyone in HS, was just asking. I mentioned earlier that its weird for a 21 year old to troll for HS students, hence why I asked for continuing relationship. Aren't there ways it could have started that were not senior/freshmen as I agree that is weird

Edited by NightRogue
When I was in high school in the mid 90's, all of the best looking girls were going out with college-aged or older guys. They have more to offer a girl than your average 18-year-old guy does. Ladies ain't dumb.

Exactly. When I was in high school, no way would I have looked twice at some kid in high school.

• Like 1