LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

In what situation is ok for a 21 year old to date an 18 year old senior?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Established Member

In what situation is ok for a 21 year old to date an 18 year old senior?

To clarify, I'm talking about continuing a relationship that started in HS and one that didn't start as freshmen/senior as that's kinda weird. Are there any ways it could continue an already existing relation?
NightRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 12:58 PM   #2

In the US they would be considered adults so I'm not sure what you are asking. There is nothing illegal about it.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 1:07 PM   #3
Established Member

legality is not morality as it can be weird for a 21 year old to troll for someone in HS. So I'm asking about continuing a pre-existing relationship
Old 25th February 2019, 1:30 PM   #4

It's quite normal. I think you need to explain exactly why you believe it would not be okay, if you want feedback.
outwithpeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 1:34 PM   #5
Established Member

3 years is not a big deal if both are adults.
Old 25th February 2019, 1:42 PM   #6
Established Member

Anybody old enough to get into a bar in the US has no business dating somebody in HS.

Even if the relationship started earlier, the older person would still be a predator: 3 years ago the younger person would be a HS freshman of 14/15 & the older one would be 18/19 a legal adult who can't legally date a child.

From your other threads, I think you are in college. Date a co-ed. Leave the HS girls alone.

The 4 year gap in ages will close to irrelevant after the younger one reaches age 20. Before then, the life stages make the relationship unseemly.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 2:35 PM   #7
Established Member

I don't see anything wrong with it. You've asked this question in varying ways in the past. Is there a reason you are so concerned about this?
Old 25th February 2019, 4:02 PM   #8
Established Member

I’m confused. If the relationship is strong, why wouldn’t it continue?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 11:34 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Anybody old enough to get into a bar in the US has no business dating somebody in HS.

Even if the relationship started earlier, the older person would still be a predator: 3 years ago the younger person would be a HS freshman of 14/15 & the older one would be 18/19 a legal adult who can't legally date a child.

From your other threads, I think you are in college. Date a co-ed. Leave the HS girls alone.

The 4 year gap in ages will close to irrelevant after the younger one reaches age 20. Before then, the life stages make the relationship unseemly.
I'm not planning on dating anyone in HS, was just asking. I mentioned earlier that its weird for a 21 year old to troll for HS students, hence why I asked for continuing relationship. Aren't there ways it could have started that were not senior/freshmen as I agree that is weird

Last edited by NightRogue; 10th March 2019 at 11:49 AM..
Old 10th March 2019, 12:19 PM   #10
Established Member

When I was in high school in the mid 90's, all of the best looking girls were going out with college-aged or older guys. They have more to offer a girl than your average 18-year-old guy does. Ladies ain't dumb.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 1:31 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
When I was in high school in the mid 90's, all of the best looking girls were going out with college-aged or older guys. They have more to offer a girl than your average 18-year-old guy does. Ladies ain't dumb.
Exactly. When I was in high school, no way would I have looked twice at some kid in high school.
Prudence V is offline   Reply With Quote