Mistresses posting in social media

Hello! I am new here and since I don't know where to categorize my inquiry I'll just place it here under general topics.=)

I am already separated with my ex because he cheated on me with a friend. The divorce is still under process and I am currently undergoing counselling. I have read from other threads about mistresses/other woman being very public in social media, which I can totally relate to right now. I am currently puzzled with this i don't know what to call it..this trend? Why are they already so confident showing their couple pictures in public for everyone to see? I even read a thread that a mistress even used it as a profile picture? In my case, some concerned common friends would update me that my ex's girlfriend is very upfront in social media. She even updated her status that she is already in a relationship, and would post happy pictures with my ex together. Legally this is a big help to me which would strengthen my case against him but I cannot fathom why she would do this.

I have friends also who are in this kind of relationship but they are not public with it because they know where they stand. I just want to understand where she is coming from..why she would do something hurtful like that. what if our children will see the pictures? why is daddy with auntie ___?

How would I explain this? She is not thinking of my children. Can't she not have more decorum since the divorce is not final yet?

She posts the pictures because your ex is OK with it. Any hurt to your children because of the affair or pictures afterwards is squarely on the shoulders of your ex, not his new girlfriend.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
She posts the pictures because your ex is OK with it. Any hurt to your children because of the affair or pictures afterwards is squarely on the shoulders of your ex, not his new girlfriend.

Dead on..

The ex should be telling the new woman that in no uncertain terms should she be broadcasting their exploits.. TBH, even in cases that aren't like the OP, where its a standard break up, I just cant understand why people have a need to do this...Its obviously going to cause pain to someone else...I don't see where its necessary to rub someone's face in it...even if that's not the intention...

TFY

• Like 1
somanymistakes

Can't really guess someone else's motives when they're not here.

Sometimes they're just being mean and immature and try to make it clear that THEY WON YOU LOSE.

Othertimes they see nothing wrong with it - they may believe that the married man is single or at least separated, or they may believe it's an open marriage.

• Like 1

"whoever marries his mistress creates a job vacancy"...said Oscar Wilde

I would take these early days of theirs with a pinch of salt, facebook and all, she has yet to endure the inevitable him-going-out-on-his-own

Edited by darkmoon