Should I tell this guy he might have ptsd and is endangering his relationship?

There is a guy I do not really know very well. Actually he is the friend of a friend and I sometimes see him at parties. He is a vet, recently had a baby with a woman. They aren’t married. Actually he is very nice and smart when sober. Also a very goodlooking man. So when he is sober he is a keeper.

So what I have seen happening several times is this:

They arrive, he gets along with his girl well... he has a drink... he has another drink... and so on... his girl gets angrier... and angrier... he totally ignores her... sometimes she leaves... sometimes she treats to leave him if he continues like this... he complains about his wife disrespecting him.

I think he might have ptsd. Just a guess. My guy has ptsd and I wonder if I should approach that guy and tell him he is in process of ruining his relationship, that he might have ptsd and that there is help... but then I do not know him very well. What would you do?

Stay out of it. It is not your business. If they were to come to you that is one thing. But this is their problem to worry about, not yours.

I think he might have ptsd. Just a guess. My guy has ptsd and I wonder if I should approach that guy and tell him he is in process of ruining his relationship, that he might have ptsd and that there is help... but then I do not know him very well. What would you do?

He's little more than a stranger and neither party has asked for your advice or intervention.

Not your battle to fight. If you know someone who's close to him, you might suggest they bring it up...

Mr. Lucky

somanymistakes

If you don't know him very well and he hasn't asked for your advice, better to stay out of it.

However, if you're at a party and you see him behave badly and then he starts complaining about his girlfriend, at that point I think you have a valid opening to let him know your opinion.

I would advise not mentioning the PTSD though as you're not qualified to diagnose that just because he's a vet and he has relationship problems. Stick with the simple facts of exactly what you've seen him do.

• Like 1