'Honeymoon Stage' Length?

I think it can take many years if you are really compatible.

The reason people give shorter frames (3-6-12 months etc), is that most relationships start like bait and catch, and in few months the excitement of the new 'catch' is over.

If you are excited about the person (NOT the relationship), I bet honeymooning can last decades because you always can discover something new about them :love:

I think it lasts between 1 to max 2 years. It can continue to be a great relationship, but the hormones will fade some, and depending on the person's personality they may not do the same grand romantic gestures or efforts they were doing in the beginning. They'll revert to their normal personality. If they are romantic by nature, they could continue to be romantic to a good extent, but if they are not, they'll just be who they are.

• Like 1

I’d say my boyfriend and I were in the honeymoon stage for around a year. We are really compatible and didnt have any fights until about a year in.

I would say for my husband and I - it was more like three years.

Those early years were like a dream, all seemed too good to be true.

We are still in a good place, but not that crazy “can’t wait for him to get home because I haven’t seen him in 9 hours” place.

The reason people give shorter frames (3-6-12 months etc), is that most relationships start like bait and catch, and in few months the excitement of the new 'catch' is over.

If you are excited about the person (NOT the relationship), I bet honeymooning can last decades because you always can discover something new about them :love:

I think it’s possible to have a wonderful relationship lasting for decades, if both are compatible and willing to work hard. But I don’t believe the human body can host that kind of hormones for an extended period. It’s akin to drug addiction.

• Like 1
I think it’s possible to have a wonderful relationship lasting for decades, if both are compatible and willing to work hard. But I don’t believe the human body can host that kind of hormones for an extended period. It’s akin to drug addiction.

I noticed that the 'hard work' part is necessary when the two people are not very compatible. In my personal example it is still early to say, but in over an year I have never felt the need to work hard because our values naturally align very well.

If you are talking about the initial anxiety (butterflies lol), it subsides when you start trusting the person.

I noticed that the 'hard work' part is necessary when the two people are not very compatible. In my personal example it is still early to say, but in over an year I have never felt the need to work hard because our values naturally align very well.

If you are talking about the initial anxiety (butterflies lol), it subsides when you start trusting the person.

For me, the honeymoon period is when you get the “high” from each other and when you see each other with rosy glasses.

DrReplyInRhymes

In my own opinion, the honeymoon stage doesn't disappear,

It may fade a bit, it may wane a bit, but it's always pretty clear,

Arguments are bound to happen, they can also be a clash of opposite thought,

It's the tenacity of the love that determines length, not the intensity of the feelings you caught.

I find the honeymoon Period is about 3-6 months (Maybe longer) if you can last longer than that your doing well...

Yeah that's what l know too.

Ex w and l were still all kinds of stuff 12 yrs later but sadly life, stresses , things, got on top of us in the end.

GF now well, we've only been together 8mths but it's only just the beginning it's all just growing and growing.

All this month or few stuff is just this dating crapola , your not even that into each other.

My wife and I have had several honeymoon stages in our marriage, including when she retired and, feeling guilty about retiring before me, decided to spoil me - in every way.

If you're going to maintain or recreate that initial glow, there has to be a conscious decision to focus on each other...

Mr. Lucky

The first two and a half years or so of my relationship with my spouse were super super easy and now I would say I have discovered our values aren’t aligned at all. So I wouldn’t credit that ease to compatibility. I don’t know what changes or if the honeymoon period is even relevant to my situation but I used to say if our first year of marriage was our hardest we had it made. We didn’t make it to year seven.

Actually the first year we were together was one of the toughest. We were very much in love but had so many arguments. In all honesty as we matured things got better. I’d say things ebbs and flows. Had some bad spots last year because of my stupidity but this year possibly in the best shape in a long time. Agree with Mr Lucky about different stages.