kisses on the forehead

wHAT DOES it mean when a guy kisses your forehead? I've heard that its just another way of showing that he cares (similar to a hug), and I've also heard that its something rare and special. Any opinions??

well, i'm not a guy, but in my experience a kiss on the forehead with someone that you have a deep relationship with is something special. it's a tender, caring and loving, less sexual, more intimate way of kissing someone. personally, it's my favorite.

if it's your uncle bob, brother bill, or childhood friend ben then ignore what i just wrote.

Hmmm...thinking, thinking, thinking...I just can't recall EVER being kissed on the forehead by a guy.

Clearly I'm lacking :(

A Fly onThe Wall

Maybe he is just a bad shot and has bad aim :laugh:

Being kissed on the forehead by a guy is never a good thing unless you are " just friends ".

He didn't want to lead you on but wanted to show you he cares for you..

I wouldn't look to deep into it.. Maybe next time you need to take control and do the kissing .. he may react differently

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

Being kissed on the forehead by a guy is never a good thing unless you are " just friends ".

Ah, okay then...*relief* :D

Originally posted by BeachGurl

wHAT DOES it mean when a guy kisses your forehead? I've heard that its just another way of showing that he cares (similar to a hug), and I've also heard that its something rare and special. Any opinions??

Personally that means a lot to me!!! Only 2 guys have done that, my husband/bf and one of my ex bf's and for some reason they were the only 2 that have really meant something to me. It makes me feel like there is more than a sexual or physical attraction, like the connection is deeper than any superficiality.

Sal Paradise

I kiss my girl on the forehead almost every night while we lay in bed, then I kiss her lips.

I would say he cares for you. I don't think I've ever kissed a girl there and not felt something for her.

Some people are different though so who knows. Many kiss their children there when they tuck them in for the night.

Heavenlyflower9
well, i'm not a guy, but in my experience a kiss on the forehead with someone that you have a deep relationship with is something special. it's a tender, caring and loving, less sexual, more intimate way of kissing someone. personally, it's my favorite.

I agree with JS17.

I've never cheated nor have i ever thought about it. But i did have a special friend at work and he would kiss me like that. We were really good friends. We were both married and felt we somehow connected. It's hard to describe. I miss it! I moved away. :(

Sal Paradise
Originally posted by Heavenlyflower9

I agree with JS17.

I've never cheated nor have i ever thought about it. But i did have a special friend at work and he would kiss me like that. We were really good friends. We were both married and felt we somehow connected. It's hard to describe. I miss it! I moved away. :(

If my gf was getting a special kiss like that at work with some guy, I'd consider it cheating.

Id only kiss someone on the forehead that i felt deep emotional butterflys for.

A tender gesture ;)

wHAT DOES it mean when a guy kisses your forehead?

it means he loves you like a sister...

Originally posted by alphamale

No, I think that is a kiss on the cheek

clandestinidad
i did have a special friend at work and he would kiss me like that. We were really good friends. We were both married and felt we somehow connected. It's hard to describe

I dont know anything about that situation, but for myself: If the man I was dating/married to kissed a co-worker anywhere I would kick his a$$

oh yeah, and I like forehead kisses too....theyre sweet

whichwayisup
Originally posted by alphamale

I agree. Brothers and fathers do that, not husbands and boyfriends.

My husband did that to me and I didn't like it at all. He didn't know how I would react to it, he just leaned over while we were going to bed, I was under the covers and he kissed my forehead. I said, yuk! Don't do that, if you're gonna kiss me, KISS ME! Just not on the forehead...lol. Anyway, I do believe that it is a tender form of caring but still creeped me out as how I associated it with family members. So yeah, it was abit incestious for me! :sick:

A kiss on the forehead is like, "Awwwwwee he loves me! :love: "

It's a soft romantic way of showing, "thank God I have you", or it can just simply mean "I care for you deeply". I get butterflies and red in the face when my bf kisses me on the forehead, I love it!

But the kiss has to be soft and gentle and his lips pressed on your forehead for some time. Not just "bam, later" kinda kiss.

whichwayisup

See? I guess everybody has their own spin of what kissing on the forehead means to them.

So, depending on your situation Beachgurl, it's how YOU felt when he did it that counts.

my boyfriend kisses me on the forehead.

he does not think of me like a friend, a sister, or anything other than his girlfriend.

the times he seems to do it the most are if we are watching a movie and he wants to kiss me but not interrupt the movie, if we're in front of family and not looking for a huge make-out session, or if i'm not feeling well, he seems to do it a lot.

it might be a "friendlier" kind of kiss, but if you're already in a solid relationship, it's a deep-friendly acknowledgment of love when more intense affection is not warranted for whatever reason.

i love it. you don't have to join lips to prove your love all the time! :laugh:

My husband will kiss me on my forehead.

He will kiss me other places as well :o but the kiss on the forehead is his way of showing that he is taking care of me and is being tender and thoughtful.

• Author

See I'm so confused too. My best guy friend does it to me all the time. The first time was when I was crying. And then after everytime we would hang out. Now, he has a new girlfriend, we hadn't seen or talked to each other in the longest time, and he out of nowhere, did it again. Its confusing !!

Originally posted by SoftDrink

my boyfriend kisses me on the forehead.

he does not think of me like a friend, a sister, or anything other than his girlfriend.

the times he seems to do it the most are if we are watching a movie and he wants to kiss me but not interrupt the movie, if we're in front of family and not looking for a huge make-out session, or if i'm not feeling well, he seems to do it a lot.

it might be a "friendlier" kind of kiss, but if you're already in a solid relationship, it's a deep-friendly acknowledgment of love when more intense affection is not warranted for whatever reason.

i love it. you don't have to join lips to prove your love all the time! :laugh:

Totally agree. My bf tends to do it when I'm vulnerable - emotionally or physically. eg if I'm ill, or when I've been expressing some kind of insecurity, or if I'm upset about something. I adore it. It's only topped by eyelid kissing in the swoon stakes!

i think a kiss on the forehead should be taken with regard to the current relationship you have with the person.

if it's a friend, friendly.

if it's a boyfriend, love.

if it's your father, it's affection.

it all depends on the situation.

I like to kiss my girlfriend of one year on the forehead. For me, it means that I love her very much.

I've gotten kisses on my forehead from my boyfriend too.

I do the same every now and then to show how much I love him. :love:. :).

My boyfriend kissed my forehead this morning, and it was so sweet I just melted. I kiss the top of his head all the time, too. It's the kind of kiss that's just pure love with no lust -- it's very special.