For those who have gotten back with an ex...... What was the in-between time like?

Did you completely move on from each other (dating other people, not really thinking about the other, not ever thinking you'd get back together) or did you kind of stay in touch and know in the back of your mind that when/if things changed, you'd make your way back to each other? (Want to hear regardless of whether it worked out in the end or not!)

I know it'll be different for different people, just interested in hearing stories, seeing trends.

Not looking for philosophies on whether exes should get back together or not, see above for question being posed.

Curiousroxy86

lol I sure was about to give my philosophy on not getting back with the exes too! But I'll spare you.

In my experience i tried my level best to move on. I was hurting. I missed them terribly. But I did try to move on dating and keeping myself busy. And then they came back around....

After I finished losing my mind, I just dated, and partied to clear my head. I prepared myself to move on yes. Made our way back, but regret doing so. Things are never the same. IMO you break up for a reason and should stick with it.

Hell?

I was the one who broke up and broke his heart after getting GIGS. But when I saw him coupled a year later I realized my mistake. He was my best ever boyfriend. He went on to date one more woman after that. He even cheated on her with me in front of all of our friends, and I tried to make him get back to me and he said he would not break up with her.

But we got back together later for a bit, before he was planning to move to another country. I took him to the airport and cried all my way back. He wanted me to move there a couple of years later, but I was starting my life somewhere else. I think I still kinda regret not doing that.

We are still in touch with emails every few months... but I guess it wasn't supposed to be. He's been with a mutual friend of ours for a decade now.

I got back with an ex after 2 years. We kept in touch sporadically throughout that time. Then one day he called and wanted to meet for dinner. We got back together. It lasted a few months before the same problems we had before resurfaced. We broke up again, forever.

Another relationship ended 7 years ago. It was only supposed to be a temporary break until we were able to sort through career issues. We sorted those issues & still haven’t gotten back together. We communicate sporadically. He moved a girlfriend in with him a few months after our break. As far as I know they are still together. So I have no hope in a reconciliation at this point. But who knows! Miracles happen sometimes.

• Like 1