He is online on Snapchat but doesn't open my snap?

libertycatcher

I've been talking to this guy for 5 months and he has never left me on read. We both initiate conversations and he often replies to some of my 'mass snaps' that I send to everyone, so it does seem like he wants to talk to me. However, his location is public and he is often online and has his Snapchat app open, but doesn't open my snap till hours later. His Snapscore goes up as well so he must be snapping other people (or other people are snapping him).

Usually he takes 30min to 4 hours to reply which is fine, but I just feel like he plain ignores me sometimes because I can see that he's at home and has been online like 5x since I last messaged him. It could be that he's just busy and doesn't have the time to reply (this is the only app we chat over so there's usually a lot to reply to). He has random bursts when he replies almost imeddiately, but usually it's like this.

I don't know what to make of it. I usually reply to him anywhere from 20min to 4 hours as well. Don't know if his behavior means he's not interested or what.. I like him a lot and I think when you like someone, it's natural you want to talk to them and sometimes it just seems like he's ignoring me.

Cast all social media stuff aside. When you say you are talking to him, do you mean, you are seeing him/going on dates, or you are just talking to him via social media?

• Author
libertycatcher
Cast all social media stuff aside. When you say you are talking to him, do you mean, you are seeing him/going on dates, or you are just talking to him via social media?

It's sort of a friends with benefits situation. He lives an hour away and goes to school there (I go to school here) so we mostly see each other only at events such as parties or when our mutual friends decide to get together. We have never been on a date, but yes we do see eachother and hang out sometimes and he usually acts exactly like a boyfriend or someone who is into me, that's why his habits confuse me. To explain, I am completely fine with the whole friends with benefits situation (I don't want anything serious and neither does he I assume) as long as I feel like he still respects me and cares for me so I don't have to feel stupid or ignored (like in this case).

Curiousroxy86

If He not your exclusive boyfriend it don't matter wtf he do and you can't say a damn thing anyway

I personally would be more concerned thats it's been 5 months and hasn't made you his exclusive girlfriend

If you don't care about that then fine. But again you not being his girlfriend means he can snap other people and get to you when he wants to.

Now if you are his exclusive girlfriend and he normally isn't responsive and it takes hours to respond and you see he is online I think I too would be a bit put off. I would speak up about it. "Babe when you take a long time to respond I am sure it's not your intention but I do feel ignored." If he doesn't respond favorably you have to decide if you can accept his response style when it comes to texting or "snapping" (rolls eyes). And if he is an otherwise good boyfriend maybe it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. If you can't accept and ultimately feel ignored we'll no one should be in a relationship feeling ignored sonthen you should breakup.

It could be that he's just busy and doesn't have the time to reply (this is the only app we chat over so there's usually a lot to reply to). He has random bursts when he replies almost imeddiately, but usually it's like this.

He could be active across a number of social media platforms, including dating sites, which would explain his periodic absences from Snapchat. Or he may have a life with responsibilities and commitments away from his phone.

Why not just text him?

Mr. Lucky