Women's minds are tricky

manfrombelow2

From my experience, most of the time, you should not ask a woman the "what do you want me to do" question because even themselves don't understand how women work.

For example, most girls would think that they want a romantic guy to bring them flowers in the middle of the night, or they would think they want a guy to text them first the morning after their 1st date... etc...

BUT, here is where the tragedy begins, if a guy actually does that, it immediately sends a message to women's unconscious mind that this guy is weak, needy and unworthy, which automatically lowers their attraction for the guy.

And that's when things would fall down, and we have another guy crying on LS.

So yeah. What women think they want and what they actually want are totally different.

• Like 2
women are their own worst enemies

Agreed. Few women in my experience respond positively to what they describe as what they really want.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Agreed. Few women in my experience respond positively to what they describe as what they really want.

Can you give an example?

somanymistakes

Surprise! HUMANS are contrary creatures!

Many of them, male or female, do not directly say what they want, even when they think they are being perfectly straightforward.

Some people say they want one thing and actually want another.

Some people say they want one thing AND MEAN IT.

If you assume all people are exactly the same, you'll end up constantly confused when they keep not behaving like you think they should.

• Like 5

Yes, somanymistakes. It would be nice if all humans always knew what they wanted and felt and didn't play games. But humans - both male and female - don't work like that.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Yes, somanymistakes. It would be nice if all humans always knew what they wanted and felt and didn't play games. But humans - both male and female - don't work like that.

And, shocker, humans are allowed to change their minds. However often they want to.

• Like 4
  • Author
manfrombelow2

Please do refrain from bashing women.

To me, the sooner we accept the fact that men and women are different mentally and physically BY DESIGN, the better the two genders avoid conflicts and suffering the game of dating.

There's nothing bad about being "emotional creatures" (women) or "logical creatures" (men). It's just how we were designed to be.

Can you give an example?

Example: Many of the women I've dated get all swept up in a romantic movie where the guy is "fighting" for the girl. Where he makes sacrifices to his principles and will "do anything" for her. They find it insanely romantic.

Meanwhile, on Earth, women have responded much more positively to me NOT chasing them. To me sticking to my beliefs and not caving to please them. To having the knowledge that I WILL walk away if pushed too far, and I have other options.

Sure, my way will often result in them initially being upset, tears, etc. But, ultimately, they have more respect for me and find me more attractive as a result.

Not one woman has ever said "I really like that you can leave me and be just fine". It's because it hits them on an subconscious level and often times they are simply not aware of it.

• Like 2
  • Author
manfrombelow2

Exactly, we have an entire generation that has been brainwashed by movies and novels in which the guy keeps chasing the girl forever and finally they live happily ever after.

The conflict between what human beings think that works VS what actually works itself is a tragedy.

Yes, in the beginning, the fact that guys are not chasing after the girls make them confused, upset, even hurt. But deep down inside, they get attracted to those very guys because in an unconscious level, women WANT men who can walk away at any time and who are not always following them like lost puppies.

But have you ever heard any woman confess that? NO, because even themselves don't know how they work.

Just ask any woman why she did this and / or said that, most of the time they'd reply that they "don't know."

Is it their fault for being like that? No. It's just how they were designed to be.

Not one woman has ever said "I really like that you can leave me and be just fine". It's because it hits them on an subconscious level and often times they are simply not aware of it.

But have you ever heard any woman confess that? NO, because even themselves don't know how they work.

Just ask any woman why she did this and / or said that, most of the time they'd reply that they "don't know."

Is it their fault for being like that? No. It's just how they were designed to be.

Never seen a generalization that works across a group as broad as "women". Or "men" for that matter...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

You are absolutely right! ALL women only act on emotions and don’t know what they want or why they want those things, whereas ALL men are logical and know why they do what they do! Never in my life have I heard of crimes of passion where the man killed his wife out of jealousy or anger or whatever! And I’ve never seen a woman be more on the logistic side and not get controlled by her emotions. I think you just found the theory that defines both gender!

• Like 5

Women and men know what they want.

Often, they exhibit this very clearly with their ACTIONS even if their words may not clearly show it.

People aren’t apt to say out loud “I’m not into you”...but body language and how they react will clearly show this.

Unfortunately, not many people are good at understanding nonverbal cues.

I think that is where people come up with this idea that men or women don’t “know” what they want. Odds are a person is just trying not to be a jerk.

And I don’t know a single woman who DOES NOT like romance. But only if she is interested in the person being romantic.

• Like 3
  • Author
manfrombelow2

Guys who commit crimes of passion are never ever considered high quality and centered men. They are the worst scums of not only the male gender, but also the entire human race.

As a guy myself, I'm ashamed that my gender has guys like them.

Never in my life have I heard of crimes of passion where the man killed his wife out of jealousy or anger or whatever!
Guys who commit crimes of passion are never ever considered high quality and centered men. They are the worst scums of not only the male gender, but also the entire human race.

As a guy myself, I'm ashamed that my gender has guys like them.

A man hitting his wife out of anger. A man driving his car under the influence. A man telling his boss to f*ck off because he’s had enough. There are thousands of examples of situations where a man will be driven by his emotions and will not use logic. We are humans, we have emotions, that we sometimes can’t control and that’s simply a fact!! Even the best person can do irreparable damage when push comes to shove, man OR woman! Are women USUALLY more emotional than men? Sure. Are they ALL emotional creatures that are purely driven by emotions and with less logic than men? Hell no!! When faced with an emotional situation yes, some might react more on the emotional side than the logical side but it doesn’t apply to everyone and every single situation!

• Like 1

So can we stop pretending that men never operate on passion?

• Like 2
  • Author
manfrombelow2

How about I put it this way?

Women are emotional creatures, and they tend to be more controlled by emotions than men, ESPECIALLY in the world of emotions such as love and dating.

• Author
manfrombelow2

Sorry but I never said that "men never operate on passion".

It was you who are saying this, not me.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
How about I put it this way?

Women are emotional creatures, and they tend to be more controlled by emotions than men, ESPECIALLY in the world of emotions such as love and dating.

The word 'creatures' is dehumanising. I would never refer to a man as a creature because I respect them. Therefore, I cannot agree with your statement.

I will however agree that women *tend* to me more controlled by emotion and men *tend* to be more controlled by logic.

• Like 1
  • Author
manfrombelow2

Perfect. Thank you so much!

I will however agree that women *tend* to me more controlled by emotion and men *tend* to be more controlled by logic.

In most cases the number one non physical factor in a woman's attraction is respect. If she doesn't respect you then it can never work and nobody respects a man who is willing to give up his self respect and dignity for a date. A man can be respectful and honorable and be a gentleman but he should always have self respect and always let it be known that while a great woman is a wonderful addition he can live a great life on his own as well.

• Like 2
some_username1

*Some* men do. It could.be argued that true enlightenment is attained when a man no longer allows himself to be manipulated by his emotions.