blocked from messenging her on FB?

I knew a girl from community college and she was on facebook friends list for awhile. She's in a relationship so I have no interest in that. She's in real estate and I just messaged her to compliment her. Here's what it said

"Hey, I saw you on the billboard on Alcoa Highway as I was driving. You look great"

She was on one of those billboards as the realtor, you know as you pass down a highway or interstate and you a realtors face on one?

So, even though she knew me from CC, did I sound creepy? Why would she block me on messenger, but still have me as a friend on FB?

No, your message wasn't creepy. Is this the first time you've messaged her? If not, how often would you message her?

• Author
No, your message wasn't creepy. Is this the first time you've messaged her? If not, how often would you message her?
Yes, it was first the time, I don't have a pic on my facebook yet though, maybe that has something to do with it? I don't get it though, if she didn't like me, why would she add me?
loversquarrel

So she's in a relationship and you have no interest in that yet you send her a compliment and wonder why you were blocked?

I don't know Brad, what I do know is I don't go out of my way to compliment a woman I have no interest in. What were you expecting to accomplish here?

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

The realtors I know are always trying to "mine" clients and contacts. If she went through the expense of putting up a bill board, then she is actively advertising her real estate services.

Perhaps her bill board got her unwanted attention and not the clientele she was after. Was her "messenger" username on the bill board??

I don't think you wrote anything wrong, but since she has a boyfriend and the bill board was being used for business services (ie real estate). It would probably have been better to say something like "I saw your bill board on the Alcoa highway, presently I'm not interested in purchasing any real estate but will keep you in mind when I need a home/condo/etc."

• Like 1
  • Author
So she's in a relationship and you have no interest in that yet you send her a compliment and wonder why you were blocked?

I don't know Brad, what I do know is I don't go out of my way to compliment a woman I have no interest in. What were you expecting to accomplish here?

No, I knew her from school and I knew before hand she was even in a relationship. Why would I message her at all if I knew she was already in a relationship? She must've taken it the wrong way. Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
off topic
thefooloftheyear

It was a bit of a come on...even though you really didn't do anything wrong...

Then she just knocked your dick in by blocking you, so you get the message...

Don't give it much thought...Just move on with your life..You probably could have said something like, "good luck, ill keep you in mind if I or any of my friends/family need the services of a competent realtor" and it would have went over better..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Author
It was a bit of a come on...even though you really didn't do anything wrong...

Then she just knocked your dick in by blocking you, so you get the message...

Don't give it much thought...Just move on with your life..You probably could have said something like, "good luck, ill keep you in mind if I or any of my friends/family need the services of a competent realtor" and it would have went over better..

TFY

And yet she still has me on her facebook friends list, but blocked me from messenging her? logical isn't it?
I don't know, but I'm not going to worry about it.

well, obviously, you cared enough to start a thread about this. I say this is a teachable moment for you. Next time when rejected or not given the entitled response you expected, look beyond your conditioning and not just write it off or blame women for being 'too emotional' or feminist. Rather, explore the possibility that your actions and attitude affected the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Author
well, obviously, you cared enough to start a thread about this. I say this is a teachable moment for you. Next time when rejected or not given the entitled response you expected, look beyond your conditioning and not just write it off or blame women for being 'too emotional' or feminist. Rather, explore the possibility that your actions and attitude affected the outcome.
Saying that you look great is not negative, so I don't know what her deal is.
  • Author
Maybe she didn’t want to chat with you at all?
For what reason though? What did I do to her? nothing. Women need to learn that not all men who message them are hitting on them.
  • Author
I don't think of it as being rejected, I think of it is she probably doesn't remember me or she only feels comfortable receiving messages from her b/f and people who she for sure knows.
Saying that you look great is not negative, so I don't know what her deal is.

again, you are jumping the shark and disregarding the context. the word or connotation of 'negative' has not been a part of my dialogue with you. I've been specifically referring to your attitudes related to women as being 'too emotional' or feminist because she didn't wish to have anything to do with you.

She didn't want to engage with you sending her FB messages commenting on her appearance. it has nothing to do with being too emotional or feminist. it's about eliminating creeps sending unsolicited messages. got it?

Happy Lemming

In answer to your question about why you are still on her FB friend's list, she probably hasn't culled her list in a while. There may be people on there she hasn't talked to in years and never deleted. I used to keep an old rolodex with people's names & numbers in it, every couple of years I'd have to go through it and pull out the individuals I no longer associated with.

Although you paid her a compliment, the purpose of her bill board advertisement was not receive compliments, but to "mine" clientele for her real estate venture.

Maybe you said something to her while you were college classmates that offended her and she remembered it when you messaged her. It is all speculative.

Don't put a lot of stock in FB friends or a FB friend list. Friends are people that come over to your house and "break bread" with you.

Joyce Simmons

Most people don’t know that even if you block someone on messenger they are still visible on Facebook. This guy I met on bumble blocked me on messenger but I was still able to see his profile on Facebook. Pretty dumb on his end that he didn’t even notice

If a woman doesn't care less if you exist you don't give her the time of day, and leave her alone. That's it. Nobody can coerce another person into doing what they want, that's just a part of adulting.

You messaged her unsolicited to comment on her looks that you saw from a business advertisement.

You commented on her physical appearance rather than wish her luck with her business.

If you don’t see how that’s weird, that’s on you.

She’s not your friend...she’s got no obligation to hear “compliments” from a random guy she once went to college with. She put the ad up for business...not to solicit comments on her appearance.

Would you have messaged if it was a guy you went to school with? Or a woman you didn’t find attractive?

• Author
You messaged her unsolicited to comment on her looks that you saw from a business advertisement.

You commented on her physical appearance rather than wish her luck with her business.

She’s not your friend...she’s got no obligation to hear “compliments” from a random guy she once went to college with. She put the ad up for business...not to solicit comments on her appearance.

Would you have messaged if it was a guy you went to school with? Or a woman you didn’t find attractive?

Maybe I just don't know how to talk to women and probably never have. How am I supposed to know what's creepy and what's not?
  • Author

Actually yes I would've just to congratulate him on his success.
Actually yes I would've just to congratulate him on his success.

Then why comment on her appearance instead of her success?

• Like 1
Maybe I just don't know how to talk to women and probably never have. How am I supposed to know what's creepy and what's not?

Well it would have been a bit creepy and strange to message a guy you hardly knew saying he looked so handsome on his business poster no?

She has a bf, you needed to treat her as a neutral person not someone you wanted to date or have sex with.

There are unwritten rules in society, rules you do not break. Here she didn't like it and so pushed you far away from her.

• Like 2