Orbiters and orbiting

I'm fascinated with this topic. What exactly are orbiters and what is orbiting? How can you tell some is orbiting you? How can you tell that you’re just an orbiter? What is the purpose of all this? Is it like monkey branching? Please enlighten me!

No it is nothing like monkey branching, because Orbiters never "get the girl".

Just go to YouTube and do a search with the words Beta Orbiter. You can grow old and never watch all that is there.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact full quote of starting post

An orbiter is a male who has entered the friendzone but somehow continues to like his female friend despite the fact that she does not want sex with him.

Monkey-branching is different. It's when the girl get's bored with her current lover (branch) and then swings to another branch and not let go of the previous branch until she has a firm grip of the new one.

Edited by DrNo1962
  • Author
lol too funny... but I think I may have one of these in my situation... he might also be a flying monkey. lol...

What's your situation? I didn't even know what orbiters were until like, you people told me haha

I was an orbiter you can see my story largely over in the friendship section. I fell for a coworker and put her up on a pedestal. Long story short there was no chance with her and I made a terrible mistake because I was married. We were like best friends, cut her off and we no longer talk. Part of me still wished we were in touch but it was a good thing we’re no longer friends.

• Author
I was an orbiter you can see my story largely over in the friendship section. I fell for a coworker and put her up on a pedestal. Long story short there was no chance with her and I made a terrible mistake because I was married. We were like best friends, cut her off and we no longer talk. Part of me still wished we were in touch but it was a good thing we’re no longer friends.

Hi metallichue! I just read your story, I'm not quite sure that makes you an orbiter. It kinda seems like you just developed a crush on this lady and you two were both married so it didn't work out even though there was a strong emotional connection there. I believe orbiters (from what I understand) have far less interaction with the object of their affection

No it is nothing like monkey branching, because Orbiters never "get the girl".

Just go to YouTube and do a search with the words Beta Orbiter. You can grow old and never watch all that is there.

I've heard a few times it has worked for them, but playing the odds it is not a good place to be in.

Perhaps this makes me a bad guy, but once sex is off the table I completely lose all interest forever.

@Fekenaws In the last month I have been doing a lot of reading about narcissistic and flying monkeys. I never heard of "orbiters" until this thread but based on the definition given it just seem to fit with one of the scenarios I have come up with for my situation. My situation involves a group of friends I had in grade school and into high school (40 years ago) that I reconnected with a few years ago. It's very complicated and I am still trying to sort it all out.

Edited by Rayce
I've heard a few times it has worked for them, but playing the odds it is not a good place to be in
Yea, it is pretty rare. Some Orbiters just "get lucky" once in a while. Sometime the girl is doing "revenge sex" against whatever guy see was really with and the Orbiter benefitted. Sometimes the girl may just be bored and the Orbiter just happens to be in the right place at the right time. But in any case it almost never bodes well for a positive future for the Orbiter.

Okay okay I admit I was actually a male orbitor for 2 women.

1st one I was a male orbitor for 3 years!

She’d flirt with me, tell me she’s into me, talk to me a few times a month, kept me around while she had a bf. I respected her relationship so I never tried to get her to see me.

After her relationship ended she asked me out for drinks and after a few nights together we started sleeping with each other once a week for about 4 months.

Then she told me she didn’t want to sleep with me anymore and I told her to contact me once she’s able to feel free around me again.

2nd girl i was orbiting for 5 years. She had a bf who she was always breaking up with and I was more of her emotional support. She’d talk to me about her bf a lot but eventually it led to us drinking one night and sleeping togetehr while her and her bf broke up for a long period of time of about 3 months. We only slept togetehr once because she got back with her bf.

Even though I’ve been an orbiter it’s not that bad.. I don’t focus myself on one girl. I talk to 4-5 at all times when I’m not in a relationship. You get lucky at times. The girls you orbit around sometimes come right to you while you’re focussed more on another lol

I have appreciated this topic. I read online what an orbiter is. But the more explaining here also coupled with what monkey branching is makes so much sense. I can't believe I have experienced monkey branching. Lol I never knew that was a thing and that that is the term.